Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Francisco , Indiana
LPG monitor

My LPG monitor keeps beeping all the time. The trailer has been setting for about four weeks. I have aired out the trailer good. The green light is what is flashing, manual says if green all is good. I have tested / reset it to no avail. It is in a 2006 Classic.
My wife is about ready to get out the hammer.
Any ideas/ suggestions would be great.
Thanks;
Hickory
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Pleasanton , California
I took a look at your user manual and looked up the LPG part number. The photo of your LPG monitor looks very similar to this one. Flashing green indicates the the detector is working. They flash the LED to conserve energy. The fact that it's chirping and flashing green isn't addressed.

LPG detector only have a finite life. The sensor is heated to a high temperature in normal operation and the sensors typically only last 7 years. The later model LPG detectors even keep track of time to alert when the sensor are no longer reliable. I would replace your detector with a new one.
ProPride Hitch, 400 W Solar
alano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 08:43 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Francisco , Indiana
Thanks

Thanks alano. I guess I better start hunting for a replacement before the wife thinks about using the hammer on me.
Hickory
hickory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 09:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
"before the wife thinks about using the hammer on me"

Boy that's a tough wife, couldn't she just take it out on the propane detector!

It's probably due for replacement, the detector or wife, your choice. Probably best to start with the detector, they do have service life based on the sensor, just like co detector service life.
HiJoeSilver is offline   Reply With Quote