Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > LP Gas, Piping, Tanks & Regulators
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #21
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Hope you have a quick recovery and no more gas problems. Sometimes these things seem to cure themselves and re-occur later. Hope that is not the case.

By the way, I visited your artwork at the link you provided and wish I had been there and knew how to fix it for you. Your work is fantastic.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:15 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Well thanks everybody! It is taking me forever to do the simplest things.
I keep forgetting things, I got lost the other day, couldn't remember where I lived, I was cold and the dogs were with me, it was dark by then and I got nervous, which made it worse since then I got scared. I didn't know what to do. I went in a local store but it was closing. I got back in the car and drove a little more and saw a sign for the Ojai Valley Inn (I think that was the name of it, wait a minute, let me check....

OJAI VALLEY INN AND SPA

I had to go look in the trailer, somehow I ended up there. I told them I wanted a room. All I knew is that I would freeze to death if I didn't warm up and I felt like I must have hypothermia since I couldn't even remember who I was. Now I don't even remember why
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:30 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by slofoks View Post
I had a similar problem recently and found the problem was in the new type propane valves. My furnace would not stay lit and the flame on the stove burners was very small. I was told that if the valve on the tank is opened too quickly, it could trigger a safety valve inside the tank that restricts the volume going out the tank at any one time. Opening the valves very slowly fixed my problems. Hope this helps!
I have not changed my valves at all so they are the original ones I guess
Old 01-11-2010, 02:38 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Jo View Post
Glad to hear you are back on the forums and have not managed to blow yourself up.Had been missing your humor.
Jo
Yes, I am sure this will be a funny story some day when I can remember what happened. Now I will be doing something and the next thing I know, I haven't the faintest idea why.

I have to go back and start all over again. Luckily my two dogs are always with me and now when I see them starting to act weird, I know something is wrong.
Old 01-11-2010, 02:59 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
Carol: Are things up & running to your satisfaction? Send an email if you need us!
Now I get it!

I saw this message from you earlier when I was looking at the forum, but I didn't remember why. My oven still doesn't work and I am afraid to turn anything on because of the alarm. I got an electric heater but it doesn't work very well. It is really cold. I would love if you could take a look at it. I will be home tomorrow. Call me or just come by, I'll be in the trailer. I am right across the street from Longhorn. They know me very well since I get all my animal food from them. There is a guy that works there that even helped me get the propane tank in my car once, he will remember me. Lucy is the owner. She knows me too. I think tomorrow is Monday and they will be open.

Whenever you can come is fine, any day is fine. I will be happy to finally meet you.......

Carol
Old 01-11-2010, 03:25 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverPal View Post
Carol: Are things up & running to your satisfaction? Send an email if you need us!
PS If you call the Longhorn first, Lucy can come over and let me know if you are coming. That way I will be sure to be here whenever it is convenient for you to take a look. Sorry, the trailer is a little messy. I will try to clean it up a bit before I go to bed.

Thanks again,
Carol
Old 01-11-2010, 04:46 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
I just found the name of the person who told me they can fix my propane problem in my trailer, I will call them in the morning to tell them I still need help. Will keep you all posted..........

Carol
Old 01-11-2010, 09:46 AM   #28
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclarkego View Post
I just found the name of the person who told me they can fix my propane problem in my trailer, I will call them in the morning to tell them I still need help. Will keep you all posted..........

Carol
Carol, You have got to get some sleep! What's with these midnight-to-4am posts.

What is the situation with the propane now? Last I heard you seemed to have it licked. I hope you are well.
Rich the Viking
VIKING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:55 AM   #29
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Carol, wish I could help you, but my experience level has been superseded. Just fell across this post, and after reading some of your post, decided to visit the Ojai website. You do incredible work, and viewing some of the other artist work, is equally incredible. Makes me want to rush out to Ojai for a week or so. I have a budding artist here at home and will be showing her your work. Thanks, for a peephole view of some outstanding artists. Hope you get your propane problem fixed. Terry.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:16 PM   #30
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Quote:
Yes, I am sure this will be a funny story some day when I can remember what happened. Now I will be doing something and the next thing I know, I haven't the faintest idea why.
Carol,

This is one of those situations when my late father (Aage Sr.) would say, "In a hundred years, we'll all look back on this and laugh." Danish humour, you have to be there to get it, I guess.

The bear story was fabulous, although I imagine at the time, the value of the story or the humour it carried weren't top of mind for you.

Have patience with your Aluminum Palace, they take a bit of getting used to.

As for the tanks, one thing I discovered about mine was that they can sometimes get polluted with air. I complained to the guy I always see at the place where I get them filled that one of my tanks never seemed to go completely empty, but wouldn't give any more gas after a certain point.

He opened a screw on the neck of the tank as he filled it, and let a whole bunch of air out. It was obvious when the air was expelled and gas was coming out, becasue the gas looked like fog.

And remember the Bob Dylan lyric, "She's an artist, she don't look back." If you ever figure out what that means, please let me know?

Old 01-11-2010, 12:52 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Memory Problems

Carol, I have just read this thread and am very concerned about you. Memory problems often follow surgery - especially if you've reached a certain age.

Most of the time it is minor and passes with time, tho yours may be made more acute by the temperature. A little hypothermia on top of surgery and general anesthesia could probably make anyone dinghy. There's a very slight chance you may have had or be having TIA's (transient aschemic attacks) which can be precursors to a stroke, or related to blood clots forming in your legs and then breaking loose.... which can be a post-surgical complication. PLEASE let your doctor know about these "brain farts" just to make certain they aren't of the serious variety. He may want you to double up on your daily aspirin or take other blood thinners for a bit just to make sure.

Bundle up, keep warm, and write directions to your address along with the address and lot number on your arm in ballpoint ink. That way if you DO get disoriented, you'll have a good chance of reorienting yourself until this passes.

You get well, you hear?

Paula
Old 01-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1978 31' Excella 500
Genoa , Nevada
I'm seeing carbon monoxide symptoms, if you cant think straight and can't get warm. Get a Carbon Monoxide monitor, meanwhile get a bunch of fresh air. I found you don't know until you go outside into fresh air, then you fall down sick.

NevadaGeo
NevadaGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:04 PM   #33
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
In light of the back-to-back post and disorientation you have experienced you really need to have the doctor check your pain meds to see if they are too strong...lucky duck. Anyway, you might also ask if it will be long term or just temporary. When I first read your post from this morning I was quiet concerned about your safety and well being.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:49 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaGeo View Post
I'm seeing carbon monoxide symptoms, if you cant think straight and can't get warm. Get a Carbon Monoxide monitor, meanwhile get a bunch of fresh air. I found you don't know until you go outside into fresh air, then you fall down sick.
I revise my prior post - NevadaGeo is ON POINT!

Get out of the trailer and buy a Carbon MONOXIDE monitor NOW! Alternately if you are in a smaller town or rural area, you may be able to call your local fire department and ask them to run an urgent check for you.

Carbon Monoxide bonds with your red blood cells so that your body cannot pick up enough oxygen when you breathe even in clear air. You don't recover just by getting out into fresh air, though it will stop the toxins from building up any more. You gradually recover from CO poisoning as your body creates new red blood cells - which can take months if you are seriously affected. In the worst cases, transfusions may be necessary to keep you alive!

Please turn off the gas at the bottles until you are sure there is no CO problem.

We care. Paula
Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #35
4 Rivet Member

1977 28' Argosy 28
Bullhead City , Arizona
Seems like there is a lot of concern for your health and you do seem to be a little off maybe you should get that propane checked and the co moniter and tell your dr about your memory lapses and confusion and being cold.Sooner not later.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:04 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Carol is not posting regularly, any more, and does seem disoriented. We're all worried. Is anyone close enough to check on her?
Old 01-12-2010, 06:06 AM   #37
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
Quote:
PS If you call the Longhorn first, Lucy can come over and let me know if you are coming. That way I will be sure to be here whenever it is convenient for you to take a look. Sorry, the trailer is a little messy. I will try to clean it up a bit before I go to bed.

Thanks again,
Carol
can someone please call lucy @ longhorn?. i'd call but it might be best if a woman calls.
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:10 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
Long Horn

(805) 649-1823‎
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:14 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I'll call, but it's two hours earlier there, so think I'll wait awhile.

Maggie
Old 01-12-2010, 11:20 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have called the Longhorn several times, no answer. Left a message on their machine about an hour ago, asking that someone check on Carol if they have not seen her lately, due to many concerns. Asked that someone call me back if Carol is NOT okay, otherwise to tell her to please post and let her friends here know she IS okay.

We are on the road, will post if I hear something.

Maggie