Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #1

2016 16' Sport
Park City , Utah
Help - LPG alarm goes off while towing

We have a 2016 16' Bambi Sport that is relatively new to us. Lightly used prior to us owning it. The propane gas detector has never gone off while we've actually been in the RV using any appliances, but it regularly goes off while we're towing the RV. Sometimes we have the fridge on and sometimes not, so I'm not sure if that has to do with it. Is it possible there's a fuse or something jiggling loose in there and triggering the system? Any other ideas? Any help is appreciated!!
brita1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Spokane , Washington
I have a much older trailer, a 2006 25FB. Mine was acting up in the dead of night a few years back. Since it is hard wired I knew it wasn't a bad battery like happens in my home smoke detector. I found the documentation that came with the trailer and they suggested that you use the test button now and then. Dust can accumulate inside and throw things off. Going through a test cycle somehow clears the dust off of a sensor, or something.

I also blew some compressed air over the detector and then vacuumed the face of the unit. I run a test once each spring when I get it ready for our first trip. Haven't had a problem since.

You can also Google, "RV LPG Detector" and find a Utube video of a guy who had to replace a fuse in his. Pretty good instruction as to how to find this thing in his newer trailer.

Good luck.
aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 04:56 PM   #3
"Silver Shrek"

2000 27' Safari
Crestwood , Kentucky
I think they are only good for 5 yrs.
drairstream is offline   Reply With Quote