Old 11-30-2019, 12:26 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
GasStop Won't Fit Under Propane Cover

HI - I tried searching, got nothing...

We tried to install our new GasStop shut-off valves on our 2016 27FB FC, but the hoses stick out too far with the GasStop and the tank cover won't fit. Any ideas? Has anyone installed these on their twin-tanks and got the cover to fit?

Thanks for any and all help!
Kittycatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 01:13 PM   #2
.-. -...

2017 25' International
Port Dover , ON Canada
Why install these? Modern propane valves shut off the flow if there is too high a flow (like a broken gas line.)
Old 11-30-2019, 01:34 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adventure.AS View Post
Why install these? Modern propane valves shut off the flow if there is too high a flow (like a broken gas line.)

My information says not 100% when hose hooked up to tank, plus the GasStop has other advantages - this link may be helpful (but really, I'm just looking for ideas on how to make this fit under the cover)

https://changinglanesrv.com/gasstop-...pane-shut-off/
Old 02-24-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
Happily Chuggin' Along

2020 30' Flying Cloud
HICKORY , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcat View Post

We tried to install our new GasStop shut-off valves on our 2016 27FB FC, but the hoses stick out too far with the GasStop and the tank cover won't fit. Any ideas? Has anyone installed these on their twin-tanks and got the cover to fit?

Did you ever get these to work? We just took delivery of our 2020 FC and had purchased the Gas Stop devices at Hershey - as soon as I looked under the cover I had the feeling they wouldn't fit.

Any luck? Obviously not getting too many responses here.

BL
Dozer1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:34 PM   #5
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawus"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , Milky Way
Safety over ugly....

If they are that important, install and leave the cover off.

Bob
🇺🇸

These helped us...slowing deterioration & critter chew thru.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_26b6.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	207.5 KB
ID:	361817  

"Mary-Jane....'cuz 2020 sucks"

Tahawus
🌤
ROBERT CROSS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:38 PM   #6
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Safari
Denver , North Carolina
The space is tight. Any chance you can fabricate a couple of 90 degrees and a short steel clad flex to put the Gas Stop in line but down the side. Just trying to help. Who did you buy them from? There was a guy at International selling them, he seemed open to customers calling with questions.
mbubbaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 01:45 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
Sandy , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittycatcat View Post

How far off are you? An inch or two? You could use a spacer or additional nuts to raise the mounting point on the cover. It would leave a gap at the bottom but the tanks would be mostly covered.
rocco52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 02:32 PM   #8

2017 26' Flying Cloud
1976 Argosy 28
Alamo Heights , Texas
I'm late to this party, the OP may already have given up, but just in case: It seems that the most likely interference is from the wall of the propane cover, not the lid... If so, could you not get longer pigtails and rotate the propane bottles so that the GasStop things are pointed toward the corners of the cover, where there's more room? I don't know if that would leave enough room for the pigtails to curve around gently, or if it would kink them so they wear out sooner. I'm also not sure how much you can rotate the bottles and still get the hold-down into place. Just a thought.

Zero Gravitas 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
[QUOTE=..... It seems that the most likely interference is from the wall of the propane cover, not the lid... If so, could you not get longer pigtails and rotate the propane bottles so that the GasStop things are pointed toward the corners of the cover, where there's more room? I don't know if that would leave enough room for the pigtails to curve around gently, or if it would kink them so they wear out sooner. I'm also not sure how much you can rotate the bottles and still get the hold-down into place. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

You're correct - the problem is the wall, not the height. I sent one back to TechnoRV, kept the other to play with. Tried various configurations, including turning the tanks - nope. Thought about different angled gas line or pipe, but decided against too many modifications. And I really really don't want to leave the cover off, which would work, but then the tanks are exposed to everything (yes, I know many have the tanks in the open, but I still like the cover ).

Oh well. Maybe they'll modify the GasStop to fit in tight spots in the future if enough get returned (TechnoRV said several have come back from Airstream owners, and Techno returns them to the manufacturer).

Thank you all for all the input!
Old 03-01-2020, 07:41 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
To Robert Cross - thank you for the input - yes, we do have the braided steel lines at the tanks - replaced the original lines after we had a couple of leaks.