Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2023, 07:16 AM   #21
Jwf
2 Rivet Member

2018 25' International
2018 33' Classic
Ashburn , VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by xyzabc View Post
I put a pair on my two LP tanks and have them reading on my Victron display. The one tank we have been using has been showing 100% even after 5 nights below 40.
I'll be pulling that tank to reweigh it with at LP scale I keep onboard. I've found it highly accurate for the 20 lb bottles we used to have and now with the 30lb tanks.

(Flame King Propane Tank Digital Scale for 5LB, 10LB, 20LB, 30LB, 40 LB Propane Tanks).

I had tried to get assistance from Mopeka but after telling me to call, I never got a response.

Not sure I will trust the Mopeka pucks only while boondocking since experience says we should have used at least 25% of the tank.

I am not sure in your case but in mine I had to reset the internal display for 40 gallon tanks. Out of the box it's set for 20 gallon. Not an issue though if you use the phone app.

We have since traded in for a 33FB Classic so don't need the tank sensors anymore.
Jwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:41 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
Yamhill , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffKim View Post
After reading an endorsement from @Air2Dream, I checked the price on Mopeka propane monitor and it's on sale for Cyber Monday today 11/27/2023 for $49.86 ea. I got two.
Donít waste your money. I have spent more on these than the propane I have bought for these to monitor. Two tanks, five monitors, and at this time only one is working. They work until the battery dies then they are typically toast. I have never gotten more than six months on a battery, so their 2-3 year life is also suspect. Iím a ham radio and tech enthusiast and trust me, you are going to be frustrated and out some money if you get these. The concept is fantastic, the long term results are just dismal.
Rob Edgerton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2023, 02:48 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Kingsport , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Edgerton View Post
Donít waste your money. I have spent more on these than the propane I have bought for these to monitor. Two tanks, five monitors, and at this time only one is working. They work until the battery dies then they are typically toast. I have never gotten more than six months on a battery, so their 2-3 year life is also suspect. Iím a ham radio and tech enthusiast and trust me, you are going to be frustrated and out some money if you get these. The concept is fantastic, the long term results are just dismal.
Thank you!

I just use a tank until itís empty, then swap to the other, and get the first refilled. I wanted to want one of these, but, had suspicionsÖ.
WBCCI #1051
LNBright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:07 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2023 25' Globetrotter
2021 16' Bambi
Forest Lake , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNBright View Post
Thank you!

I just use a tank until itís empty, then swap to the other, and get the first refilled. I wanted to want one of these, but, had suspicionsÖ.
Too late for me to back out - I can't return them. However, I haven't seen any complaints from other reviews, so maybe I'll have better luck. I'll try and remember to update this thread in a year or so.

To each his own, but I don't like trying to guess how much propane is left which involves removing the cover and wiggling each tank and making a guess. Also, I'd prefer to wait and fill both since it's a trek to the propane by the pound place to get it filled and I'd rather do it once. We also camp when it can be cold and it's hard to gauge how much propane we're going through. I also have an external stove and a fire pit which use some. So, just peace of mind, and if the sensors last, not a huge investment.

I finally got these installed, but apparently a level surface is needed to get them lined up right, one tank is bone dry and it's showing 17% but alignment isn't very good. It's winter and I'll have to mess with them later.
JeffKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2024, 09:53 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2015 20' Flying Cloud
Kingsport , Tennessee
I agree, I don’t want to guess how much is left in a tank, which is why I was interested…. But the shop where I get my tanks filled is only 15 minutes away, and I don’t mind doing them one at a time. But, that’s my circumstances, which are different for others….
WBCCI #1051
LNBright is offline   Reply With Quote