Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
HighPlainsDrifters

2019 27' Globetrotter
Casper , Wyoming
Atwood-Dometic Furnace Not Delivering Heat

We have a 2019 Globetrotter with an Atwood furnace, Dometic thermostat. When the thermostat is set, for example, at a desired interior temperature of 65 degrees the furnace will deliver heat fine (raise the interior temp to 65....shut off when reached......come back on to raise to 65 again, etc.) for a day or two. Then, it will simply stop delivering heat. The interior temperature will drop on a cold night to mid 40's.

I need to shut down the entire system, reboot, set the furnace to 65....it works until it doesn't. Obviously this is a pain.

I have replace the sail switch. I have replaced the motherboard. The limit switch is fine.

QUESTION: has anyone experienced this issue? If so, how was it resolved?

My marriage, especially on a chilly Wyoming evening, is depending on your assistance.

This is not hyperbole.

Thank you.
2Highplains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2020 16' Caravel
Shoreline , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Highplains View Post
We have a 2019 Globetrotter with an Atwood furnace, Dometic thermostat. When the thermostat is set, for example, at a desired interior temperature of 65 degrees the furnace will deliver heat fine (raise the interior temp to 65....shut off when reached......come back on to raise to 65 again, etc.) for a day or two. Then, it will simply stop delivering heat. The interior temperature will drop on a cold night to mid 40's.

I need to shut down the entire system, reboot, set the furnace to 65....it works until it doesn't. Obviously this is a pain.

I have replace the sail switch. I have replaced the motherboard. The limit switch is fine.

QUESTION: has anyone experienced this issue? If so, how was it resolved?

My marriage, especially on a chilly Wyoming evening, is depending on your assistance.

This is not hyperbole.

Thank you.

yes and am still experiencing it- it is super frustrating. I posted this thread a while back: https://www.airforums.com/forums/f28...ry-218788.html

If you've discovered a fix since you posted this question, I'd be glad to hear it!
bparrish is offline   Reply With Quote