Old 07-12-2020, 06:43 AM   #1

2016 Interstate Lounge
Tucker , Georgia
AI generator gas pressure

hello everybody.
Purchased a 2015 AI. Generator has not been used since new and it would not crank. Started troubleshooting the issue.
One. There is a electric valve that is mounted to the back of generator it has to be on to supply LP. Where does it get 12V power from? No matter what I turn inside, it has no power. If I jump the wires directly to the battery, valve itself works.

Second. LP at that valve is low pressure. Looks like supply line comes from T that also goes to water heater. Inside the generator it appears like there is another gas regulator???
Anybody knows if Generator supply line should be connected to high or low LP pressure?
Thank you for help.

dapcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 06:49 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Welcome to the forums.

I'm pretty sure that second valve is simply an on/off valve. Pressure at the generator should be about 11".

Old 07-13-2020, 03:38 PM   #3

2016 Interstate Lounge
Tucker , Georgia
Thanks for your reply, you mean 11psi?
Old 07-13-2020, 03:57 PM   #4
Site Team

, Minnesota
11 inches of water column. Terry is correct that the second thing that looks like a regulator is really a demand valve.

When the generator is running, vacuum from the carburetor causes the demand valve to open and let propane enter the generator.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:49 AM   #5

2016 Interstate Lounge
Tucker , Georgia
Just ordered online the gas pressure device. Should come in couple days.
Just want to make sure I understand it correctly. If I open the electric valve, gas does not flow to the carburator, but the demand valve opens up if the generator starter gets engaged and it creates vacuum? And stayes open when running.
If the gas pressure is correct then I might have another issue with the carburetor.

Thank you guys for help.