Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-03-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Calgary , Alberta
Why I joined WBCCI

-I got my trailer a little over a week ago and want "the full experience"
-The number 7735 was already on it.
-History / Nostaglia.
-Local Airstreamers means local advise (hopefully) as I remodel.
-Possible rally next summer.
-I have spent more money on FAR FAR FAR dumber things. (this week)
-I felt it was "in the spirit" of Airstreaming.
-As an outsider looking in, I imagine the organization as a whole fosters similar values as we raise our kids with. (boys 11 & 7)

Cheers

Dan Loeb #7735 (I can say that now)
Loeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Welcome to the club!

We have made many new friends and enjoy the rallies that we have attended. Don't forget to blink your lights when you see 7513 on the road.

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1997 34' Limited
1970 27' Overlander
South of Atlanta , Georgia
We joined because of the rich heritage of Airstream and the WBCCI. My father-in-law was a past president of the Western PA unit. While alive and Airstreaming, my inlaws made many great friends and had great adventures on many caravans.

We were able to get the same number 10199 they had, and now our children (12 & 14) are talking about the day they can get their own Airstream and join the WBCCI. We too have made good friends through our unit here in Georgia, and look forward to many years of enjoyment.
2009 Ford F150 5.4L
ProPride hitch with 1400# bars

AIR 41028
TAC GA-8
WBCCI 10199
Past President Southeastern Camping Unit (12)
Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Loeber, good for you!! Glad to have you in the club. Airstream trailers are so special, I cannot understand how anyone can own one and not want to be a member, even if you never participate in any of it. It's a duty thing. And $75 isn't gonna make or break any owner.

John
WBCCI #268 Palmetto State Airstream Club 22
Region 3 Past President....come with us, you will like it.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Are you kind?..... Uncle John's Band
sandlapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Calgary , Alberta
My kids would probably disown me if I took the numbers off. We have played Airstream Bingo for a few years before we got ours. "What is it's number?" was the first question that they asked when I told them we were actually going to get one. My oldest keeps wanting to pull it with his bike "like on the stickers".

John, It is a duty thing. Even if it doesnt stick. At least I tried it.
Loeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #6
hutch309.2

1983 34' Limited
Amherstburg , Ontario
Welcome to the Club Loeber:
It has been a while since I last posted anything on Airforms. This fall we will be celebrating our 35th year in the club. Our first number was 18847.Our current number is 309. Have served on the Ontario Exe. and Region board & have been out of office since 1995 and still traveling. We winter in Texas and from there, this year we head west to Ca and up the coast to visit my Sister and Cousins in Vancouver B.C. We have enjoyed traveling on Caravans and have made many long time friends. The Ontario Unit is caravaning down to Sugar Creek Rally this September for their 50th. We attended their 25th rally in 1988. We don't attend as many rallies as we use but still enjoy them. Our kids have enjoyed their time in the Airstream and so will yours.
Enjoy, James & Marge
hutch309.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #7
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Stanhope , New Jersey
We just joined in July and it seems for many of the same reasons posted here. We wanted to jump right into the Airstream community so that was one of the first things on my list, as well as becoming a member of air forums!
NJStreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
4 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Fremont , California
Good decision!

Just had lunch yesterday with our unit at a rally and looking forward to our first caravan in September - never met a nice bunch of people and I'm proud to be sporting big red numbers 4069

https://polakoff.com/RamblinRose/
Our travel log
xo1rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
We also joined in July. Just attached our numbers (3412) today before our trip to Deep Creek Lake.

Looking forward to meeting you all on the road

John & Claire
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #10
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Good to hear everyone. Share the love.

Go often to the house of a friend, for weeds choke the unused path........Emerson

Old 08-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #11
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Stanhope , New Jersey
We just bought our second Airstream, a 2013 International Signature 23D. Thankfully I was slow in attaching my numbers so they will go on our new unit.

WBCCI # 6371
AIR # 65179
Old 08-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #12
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1993 34' Excella
York , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJStreamers View Post
We just bought our second Airstream, a 2013 International Signature 23D. Thankfully I was slow in attaching my numbers so they will go on our new unit.
Wow, lucky you!! A his/hers pair of late model streams.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1986 32' Excella
Currently Looking...
Canton , Georgia
We have really enjoyed being members!
Skatiero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
I joined less than a month after buying my Airstream Interstate, and haven't regretted it. My work schedule keeps me from attending most of the rallies and caravans so far, but that doesn't matter. I'll be eligible to retire in exactly eleven months, and I'll retire as soon after that as I can afford to. Retirement will free up my schedule nicely.

No matter where I go, if I see the big red numbers, I know that I'm among friends. Even if I've never met them before. Doesn't have to be a rally or a caravan, just being in the same campground and being fellow WBCCI members is enough to start up a conversation.

The only downside for me is that— since Interstates aren't all that distinctive on the outside (they look a lot like any other Sprinter conversion van)— other WBCCI members don't usually think to look for the big red numbers on a Sprinter.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #15
1 Rivet Member

2013 23' International
Stanhope , New Jersey
No, the 2012 will be traded in. Wish i could keep both!

WBCCI # 6371
AIR # 65179
Old 08-07-2012, 12:52 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

I joined WBCCI at the urging of the editor of the then start up magazine Airstream Life to "network." My first Airstream event as photo editor of ASL was at Jackson Center's Homecoming shortly followed by the International rally in Lansing Michigan then the Florida State Rally and followed by many more state and International and IBT and local rallies. Simulcasts was an idea from member share that Renee, Don and I worked on after uploading the IBT meeting independently before the streaming audio was available. David Winick happened to be a stringer I negotiated to shoot photos for ASL and was then introduced and recognized for his Caravel design and metals work eventually leading to his commission of the Winick Bambi. Nostalgia and whos who of Airstream led me to join WBCCI. 50 plus years of Airstream history shouldn't be thrown aside and then I became active as a member of the Save Wally team to encourage members to save the name and preserve the Airstream only premise of the club. I would like to see the WBCCI see another 50 plus years! BTW Happy 80th Airstream! I did attend the 75th anniversary at the International. In fact we have bought two of our Airstreams new at the Internationals impromptu and a few more outside the rallies. There have been so many great Airstreamers that I have met through the club, and other Airstream events such as the Can Opener and the Metro Detroit forum rallies.The Womens We Can Tow it Rivettes was another facet of my early Airstreaming endeavors and while reversals have curtailed my extensive travel I'd still like to see the trust of the club's heritage well protected!!!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #17
1 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Lancaster , Ohio
My husband and I bought an Airstream to join WBCCI and the Caravan and Rally fellowship opportunities they provided. Since joining in 2010, we have not been disappointed. WBCCI will be what you make it....take advantage of everything it offers.
NeverInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member

1994 30' Excella
Livingston , Texas
We joined for the same reasons most all of us have joined. We aren't charter members of the four corner's group but almost. It has been a wonderful experience and We have made many new friends. We just purchased our 2nd Airstream, a 30ft Excella, and are so glad we did. Have fun.
sailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 12:31 PM   #19
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I think it's a wonderful tradition. I joined last year. My WBCCI number is 3430. How so low a number? My aunt and uncle bought a new mid-50's Airstream Trailwind and they were issued 3430. They have both long passed away. But, when I bought my new trailer, I asked the WBCCI if I could have their old number -- if it were available. It was! And it is now proudly emblazoned on my brand new trailer. I haven't done a Caravan yet, but I will....as soon as I completely and fully retire!
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
We have been members for 6 years and love it. Though both still working, we find Unit Caravans (shorter) are very manageable for us. Ask folks in the 4CU about it!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote