Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
We joined out of curiousity as there are few AS in the area; we are just now starting to participate in events ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:23 PM   #22
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB
I think it's a wonderful tradition. I joined last year. My WBCCI number is 3430. How so low a number? My aunt and uncle bought a new mid-50's Airstream Trailwind and they were issued 3430. They have both long passed away. But, when I bought my new trailer, I asked the WBCCI if I could have their old number -- if it were available. It was! And it is now proudly emblazoned on my brand new trailer. I haven't done a Caravan yet, but I will....as soon as I completely and fully retire!
Hey BAB. That is so special to have your aunt & uncles Airstream #. What a neat way to honor them. I bought my Airstream about a year ago, right before I retired. I was issued #4356. I thought my # would be so much higher but I like what I got. I'm really glad that the WBCCI still issues #'s. It is a great tradition and I just love seeing those beautiful red #'s on an Airstream headin' down the road!

So how much longer before you retire? Hopefully just around the corner! I just retired a little over a year ago. I can't begin to describe how incredible it is! Add an Airstream to that and life is that much sweeter!!! Well take & all the best in your new adventures that lie ahead!

~Cari~
aka Carlita
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

2001 25' Safari
Fort Collins , Colorado
I just sent in my memberhip paperwork to the WBCCI. Having owned two vintage airplanes I've come to appreciate the generations of experience, knowledge, support and enthusiasm (not to mention supply of spare parts) that 'type' clubs are full of.
Old 08-15-2012, 03:58 PM   #24
BAB
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
2012 28' International
Greensboro , North Carolina
I just rejoined for next year...and I think by this time next year I will be really retired. Maybe an occasional consulting gig, but not much. On a trip right now, and I believe the Airstream could turn addictive. Huge thunderstorm and rain in the Shenandoah's last night. 3 hours of solid rain. No drips anywhere in my new trailer. The sound on the aluminum is intoxicating (to me). It takes me back to my childhood in my aunt and uncle's Tradewind. Something so cozy about nasty weather outside and being comfy and dry in my beautiful silver home. Anyone else feel this way about rain on an Airstream, or is I just me?
ProPride 3P
AIR# 58452
WBCCI # 3430-Unit 21
BAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:13 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Calgary , Alberta
My package came in the mail last night!!

I had a real Steve Martin moment "The phone book is here! The phone book is here!"
Loeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB View Post
...>snip<... Anyone else feel this way about rain on an Airstream, or is I just me?
It's definitely not just you...I love being in the Airstream in the rain...it's the best!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2018 16' Sport
Olympia , WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAB
I just rejoined for next year...and I think by this time next year I will be really retired. Maybe an occasional consulting gig, but not much. On a trip right now, and I believe the Airstream could turn addictive. Huge thunderstorm and rain in the Shenandoah's last night. 3 hours of solid rain. No drips anywhere in my new trailer. The sound on the aluminum is intoxicating (to me). It takes me back to my childhood in my aunt and uncle's Tradewind. Something so cozy about nasty weather outside and being comfy and dry in my beautiful silver home. Anyone else feel this way about rain on an Airstream, or is I just me?
So glad you're having a great time in your Airstream! Yes, I love listening to the rain too! It's magic!!

Hey Terry! How are you?? It's been awhile since the Disco rally in AZ with you & the wild bunch! Miss you guys!!! Hope all is well! Ciao!!
Carlita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlita View Post
....>snip<.........

Hey Terry! How are you?? It's been awhile since the Disco rally in AZ with you & the wild bunch! Miss you guys!!! Hope all is well! Ciao!!
Back atcha! We be good. Hope we see you again this winter!! New Year's is coming! And it's a GOOOOD rally!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
Welcome to the AB-SK unit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loeber View Post
-I got my trailer a little over a week ago and want "the full experience"
-The number 7735 was already on it.
-History / Nostaglia.
-Local Airstreamers means local advise (hopefully) as I remodel.
-Possible rally next summer.
-I have spent more money on FAR FAR FAR dumber things. (this week)
-I felt it was "in the spirit" of Airstreaming.
-As an outsider looking in, I imagine the organization as a whole fosters similar values as we raise our kids with. (boys 11 & 7)

Cheers

Dan Loeb #7735 (I can say that now)
Can't wait to meet you at our spring rally next year! I'm glad you were able to get 7735 as your numbers. Take care and happy trails.

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Calgary , Alberta
Looking forward to it. We were late to the game for the Hands accross the border rally next weekend. Always next year!
Loeber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
I have an even BETTER white elephant gift that the previously unsuperceded Barbie...grab yer bags, swallow yer humility, and get ready to ENJOY!!! Picacho is on the map, in my heart, and...NO...I ain't making the climb...m
We live for the moment, 'cause when you get there, it's gone...
ScrapIrony-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #32
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
I have an even BETTER white elephant gift that the previously unsuperceded Barbie...grab yer bags, swallow yer humility, and get ready to ENJOY!!! Picacho is on the map, in my heart, and...NO...I ain't making the climb...m
Wrong thread? Because if this is why you joined WBCCI, I'm really confused.
Old 08-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
Rally good reason...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Wrong thread? Because if this is why you joined WBCCI, I'm really confused.
Naw, I was just referring to the 4CU rallies, and the great fun they entail...We almost quit WBCCI, but the friends we have made in 4CU managed to get us over our first unit, which was a real bummer...I believe the club is making a turn for the better, and as new faces/new ideas continue to fuel the process, I will continue to ante up...mike
Old 08-25-2012, 04:06 PM   #34
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIrony-2 View Post
Naw, I was just referring to the 4CU rallies, and the great fun they entail...We almost quit WBCCI, but the friends we have made in 4CU managed to get us over our first unit, which was a real bummer...I believe the club is making a turn for the better, and as new faces/new ideas continue to fuel the process, I will continue to ante up...mike
I just handed the Unit treasurer my dues for next year. Not only that, I agreed to let myself get nominated as my Unit's second vice president. Still don't know why we need two, since an entire nation of 300 million people only has one vice president, but what the heck, why not? Holding a position in the hierarchy, the Unit will treat me with twice the respect they do now… which is still none at all, exactly as it should be!
Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Silverton , Colorado
I should probably add that we bought our first AS('68 Overlander), and figured that the next step was to affiliate, but we didn't pursue the various units out there...we joined the one nearest to us, and were given ID badges a year after joining, they were used , and some of the mastic and accumulated dirt were still there...shoulda been a warning, but we were newbies, and wanted to belong to this well-known club. BIG mistake, but when we had one of our unit rallies show up at a campground we had picked as a nice site two days before the rally arrival, and were treated as illegitimate children for having the nerve to be there for a unit rally we had not been advised of, we began to look elsewhere...luckily, we found, joined, and attended a VAC rally in Colorado Springs, and met folks that knew how to make you welcome. 4CU came up as an inspirational idea, and we are charter members of what I affectionately refer to as the largest functional dysfunctional family in WBCCI...Rules...??? HAVE FUN, ENJOY YOUR FRIENDS, BURN LOTS OF FIREWOOD, EAT MORE THAN CHOLESTEROL COUNTS ARE SUPPOSED TO ALLOW, MAKE NEW FRIENDS, LEAVE YER DOOR OPEN, HELP WHEN YOU CAN(AND SUPERVISE FROM A CLOSE DISTANCE WHEN YOU CAN'T), ENJOY THE ANTICS OF A HUGELY DIVERSE MEMBERSHIP, AND YOU ONLY HAVE TO ANTE UP ONE WHOLE DOLLAR FOR THE YEARLY DUES(ABOVE THE WALLY DUES)...MY STANDING OFFER TO ALL IS I'LL PAY YER FIRST YEAR'S DUES(THE $1), AND LET YOU DECIDE WHY YOU SHOULDN'T KEEP COMING BACK...
Oh, yeah, I hope to be receiving a new shipment of gummy flamingos soon(they quit making them, for awhile), but if you haven't received one, yet...well...hope is on the way. If you should happen to return to your AS one day and find one stuck in your doorhandle...well...ScrapIrony-2 was there.