Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-30-2007, 05:23 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Lets Hope!

All,

We've had some good feed back. In the end, I think having it on the WBCCI/forums is the way to go and keeping it open. I will email Bill asking him to create a new "title" called "Leadership". If we are lucky, maybe the BB will run a story on the new area. I will also ask "HQ" if they would mind mailing out a letter to the unit leaders letting them know. I'll even cough up the $100.00 for postage to send it out. I do think, if used, it could be a great tool for current/past and future officers of the WBCCI. I just hope we can get it passed by the people that can make it happen.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Nice show of leadership Paul! I would be glad to help out with the postage. I think it is important to have more representation of membership in view of the disconnect we have been dodging the effects of from the top. You are out tracking all down and courting involvement rather than just waiting for them to come to you. That is dedication, the kind that gets things moving. Break up the that bottleneck.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 08:19 PM   #23
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
Great Idea, Paul. You could initiate your plan on either forum.
Although only a few members are currently tuned-in to this “Airstreamforums” and the WBCCI Forum, that can be changed. Put a notice on the forums, in the regional and local newsletters & websites, send direct Emails to past & present officers and if they will let you, put a notice in the Blue Beret.

The present way officers meet and exchange ideas at the regional and international is too 20th century. It is pre-internet, paper centric and slow.
Quite often ideas are filter and altered on the way up the chain of command and plans and initiatives are filter on the way down.

Paul, take the lead and take control of a sub-forum to get the officers communicating. Acceptance by the IBT? I may be wrong, but it appears to me that although some might listen to new or different ideas, I’m afraid the legacy of their management practices are too restrictive to accommodate progressive ideas that might include any risks. This forum is filling the void the WBCCI, didn’t know existed, and those few that did know their shortcomings, were powerless to correct the situation.

Besides current and former officers we have many talented and experienced individuals (non-officers) in the club who want to help the WBCCI develop along progressive lines and preserve the organization as WB originally envisioned. Another channel for inter and intra-club communication and “cross pollination” is necessary. That almost requires open communications, but limited to WBCCI members.

How best to implement and develop your idea, while maintaining some control to keep people on topic, is the question. The plan in your last posting sounds like a very good start. Good luck.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 08:24 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
NW of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
All,

We've had some good feed back. In the end, I think having it on the WBCCI/forums is the way to go and keeping it open. I will email Bill asking him to create a new "title" called "Leadership". If we are lucky, maybe the BB will run a story on the new area. I will also ask "HQ" if they would mind mailing out a letter to the unit leaders letting them know. I'll even cough up the $100.00 for postage to send it out. I do think, if used, it could be a great tool for current/past and future officers of the WBCCI. I just hope we can get it passed by the people that can make it happen.
Nice going, Paul! Thanks for putting "lead" back into leadership!

-Jamie
Doug & Jamie, AIR #650
LuminumTraila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #25
Rivet Master

Done!!!

All,

Just to let you guys/ladies know, it has been "DONE". Yes, Thanks to your input, and the fast acting "Cindy Reed" (HQ) and "Bill Schrader" (WBCCI Public Relations", an area on the WBCCI forums as been created called "Leadership". A letter will be added to a packet that will be going out to the Unit Prez's in April, letting them know about the new area. I will also be writing an article about the area, with luck, I think we maybe able to get it in the Blue Beret. We asked for it, now it's time to use it. I asked that all current/past officers of the WBCCI take the time to introduce themself, letting other officers know their Unit and Region. Also, I think it would be better to "try" and keep it on a "positive" note as much as possible, trying to stay away from a us/them type area. I think we have plenty of places already either here, savewally or other areas on the wbcci forums to do that. Here's the link if you don't have it.
WBCCI Forum - Maybe there is hope after all.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:00 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair
All,

Just to let you guys/ladies know, it has been "DONE". Yes, Thanks to your input, and the fast acting "Cindy Reed" (HQ) and "Bill Schrader" (WBCCI Public Relations", an area on the WBCCI forums as been created called "Leadership". A letter will be added to a packet that will be going out to the Unit Prez's in April, letting them know about the new area. I will also be writing an article about the area, with luck, I think we maybe able to get it in the Blue Beret. We asked for it, now it's time to use it. I asked that all current/past officers of the WBCCI take the time to introduce themself, letting other officers know their Unit and Region. Also, I think it would be better to "try" and keep it on a "positive" note as much as possible, trying to stay away from a us/them type area. I think we have plenty of places already either here, savewally or other areas on the wbcci forums to do that. Here's the link if you don't have it.
WBCCI Forum - Maybe there is hope after all.
Good work, Paul. I saw Bill Shrader's response and hopefully it will stay positive.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 09:59 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Congratulations Paul. That kind of teamwork between you, Cindy, Bill and responses thus far is very heartening. I think the proactive leadership forum is wonderful for club morale!

I look forward to following the introductions and comments and your article. I am certain your efforts will bring reward to the club. I think this is very exciting. Good work.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 10:08 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Time to intro yourself officers present/past

All,

I hope you all take the time to introduce yourself on the WBCCI forums. Also asking your 3rd, 2nd and 1stVPs to do the same and your past Prez's. We asked for it, we got it, lets use it.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:08 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Ok, will do

myboyburt: I'm the 2007 Corr Sec for the NEU (easy job) AND the 2007 NEU Membership Chairperson (real, big job).

My husband is the 2007 Assistant Treasurer - he is not on any forums, not his bag baby.

I will post this info on the WBCCI forums as requested. Let's see what happens.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:00 AM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
Where is everyone

I am a little discouraged. Some folks in this thread went to a lot of trouble to set up a forum for the WBCCI officers on the WBCCI site. To date there have been 2, thats right, only 2, two, you know a couple of entries posted to the Intoduction thread. Thats really starting out right. How can we get anything accomplished if we don't know who we are?????

Where is everyone?
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 11:50 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyanke
I am a little discouraged. Some folks in this thread went to a lot of trouble to set up a forum for the WBCCI officers on the WBCCI site. To date there have been 2, thats right, only 2, two, you know a couple of entries posted to the Intoduction thread. Thats really starting out right. How can we get anything accomplished if we don't know who we are?????

Where is everyone?
I've posted there. But it's really quiet, no real traffic......

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote