Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2016, 08:33 PM   #61
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Joe - Individually there are nice people in the WBCCI, just as there nice decent people in many other organizations. What happens is that these nice people bury their collective little heads in the sand when there is an issue that needs addressing. When the issue of the change to the Ontario Unit's bylaws was taking place I met with some of the newly elected International officers at a rally, and not one of them would intervene or take ownership of the issue, all the while lamenting that the change was not a good one. This is not a sign of integrity.

So while I have never met you Joe, I extend a welcome to you to camp alongside me at any time. Currently I'm in Casa Grande AZ, but will be going to Yuma next week. PM me for directions & my cell number.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
Old 02-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
I'm thinking it's time to lock this up before it gets more ugly. That's not why we are here.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:26 PM   #63
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmagikca View Post
Joe - Individually there are nice people in the WBCCI, just as there nice decent people in many other organizations. What happens is that these nice people bury their collective little heads in the sand when there is an issue that needs addressing. When the issue of the change to the Ontario Unit's bylaws was taking place I met with some of the newly elected International officers at a rally, and not one of them would intervene or take ownership of the issue, all the while lamenting that the change was not a good one. This is not a sign of integrity.

So while I have never met you Joe, I extend a welcome to you to camp alongside me at any time. Currently I'm in Casa Grande AZ, but will be going to Yuma next week. PM me for directions & my cell number.
I would stop by and say hi if I was near by, but I am not. I cannot defend either side in your case, but there are two sides to every story and it is not possible to take action on every issue that may concern one club member or even a few club members. Leadership has to balance the good of the organization against the wants of each individual. They also only have so many hours in the day to manage the club that they volunteered to lead. I expect your concern wad not a concern for very many club members. On a bigger issue, many U.S. citizens are frustrated that they need to leave their legally owned guns at home when they visit Canada. You can never please everyone.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 02-15-2016, 04:51 AM   #64
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
You could have joined a different unit.
Old 02-15-2016, 07:37 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
alexandria , Kentucky
I went over to the RVillage opening page and it seems to me that it is just another social site where folks can hang out, meet up, discuss similar interests etc....
The opening page is even endorsed by several well known clubs. It seems like no big deal to me that WBCCI directed folks that way. I don't think it will take any members away unless such members have really odd interests, etc..... I have met such folks and camping with them just one time was enough for me.
Hensley Arrow hitch with adjustable stinger
WBCCI # 3072
Old 02-15-2016, 08:49 AM   #66
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
On the Sprinter forum for LTV Unity, several people have posted links to the RV Village site. Quite frankly, I find the people at that site as interesting as the people posting here. Lot's of good info on RVing on both sites. Over the years, I've belonged to several brand affinity clubs (including WBCCI) and find that they tend to become boring after awhile. I'm a people person and the ownership of a Harley, Airstream, Porsche or what ever does not mean that you are charming and I need to know you. I like interesting people and their mode of transportation is not part of the process.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #67
Rivet Master

1987 32' Excella
Nepean , Ontario
Right on Denis4x4. My sentiments exactly.
1999 Dodge Ram 2500HD Diesel
WBCCI 8080
Old 02-15-2016, 10:33 AM   #68
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Regarding the original intent of this message string, I don't have any problem with WBCCI letting us know that about RVillage as a new opportunity for social interaction. I can see that some club members might find it appealing.

That said, after reviewing the RVillage web site and watching some of the videos, I have no desire whatsoever to join. I really do not want to advertise to the whole world when and where I am traveling (i.e. when my home will be unoccupied). I can keep in contact with my friends and make plans to meet them without doing so in a public portal.

I have nothing against those that don't share my concerns and see more positives than negatives and therefore join. It just won't be me.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 02-15-2016, 12:35 PM   #69
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
I'm thinking it's time to lock this up before it gets more ugly. That's not why we are here.
Yup. Couldn't agree more and for this reason this thread is being closed. regardless of opinions noted here for and against, our community rules are still in place. We expect folks to be nice and there are several failures in this regard on this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispyboy View Post
I went over to the RVillage opening page and it seems to me that it is just another social site where folks can hang out, meet up, discuss similar interests etc....
The opening page is even endorsed by several well known clubs. It seems like no big deal to me that WBCCI directed folks that way. I don't think it will take any members away unless such members have really odd interests, etc..... I have met such folks and camping with them just one time was enough for me.
RVillage is entirely commercial in nature and while that's fine, it's worth looking at what happens to member info and who controls it.

AIR continues to host an area for WBCCI topics and welcomes input from all, member and non-member alike but we ask that you remember the rules of the road here. Be nice, be reasonable and be appropriate.

Thanks for understanding

AirForums Custom Search
Closed Thread