Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2002, 07:08 AM   #41

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Re: WBCCI #'s & flag

Quote:
Originally posted by John
Jack,

You got a good idea there! I understand while traveling in a caravan it's nice to be able to see the #'s of the trailer in front or behind you, but for us who will only be going to rally's, it would be nice to have our #'s (smaller) on a board hung outside our trailers.

WBCCI strongly recommends flying an America flag in front of your trailer while at rally's. While I respect the right to fly our flag, one shouldn't look down on others who don't feel the need to.

Since this forum is growing, maybe we could have "forum rally's" in different areas of the country. Members and non-members of WBCCI would be welcomed. Let down your hair, check out different rigs and swap stories!

Have a good day , John

John,
Interestingly enough, the WBCCI guidelines for caravans say that if you can read the #'s of the trailers in front or behind you, you are traveling too close together.

I have seen some folks who made a clear plastic board with their numbers on them. They hung it off the jackstand. Another with the same material had theirs hung in the front window.

As far as flying the flag. Its nice but I'll pass on this one. I have enough things to take care of much less now worry about a flag. My luck I would fly a flag and someone would probably come down on me for not having it lighted at night. Sigh....

That's a great idea about regional forum rallys. It would be fun. We should discuss this further over the long cold winter.

Regards,

Jack
AIR #56 S/OS#15
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 07:18 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Winter

Or for some of us, I nice cool winter
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 08:06 AM   #43
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
WBCCI participation

Greetings Jack and John!

I understand and share your concern about the limited life of the WBCCI numbers, but there is another good reason for displaying the numbers as per the manual - - at least when attending the larger rallies or the International Rally. These numbers are critical in finding your rig in case of emergency - - medical or family. Without these numbers being prominently displayed where expected, emergency help could be delayed. The Scooter Patrol at the International Rally depends upon these numbers to find your rig for delivery of important messages, and these numbers would also be a big part of locating your rig in the event of a medical emergency or family emergency.

I have gotten in the habbit of replacing my numbers every other year as a part of the routine winterization process. I was reminded of the importance of these numbers at my first International when it was pointed out that one of my numbers was installed backwards - - it made my number look like 6E59 rather than 6359 - - a mistake on my part due to a fear of heights I had installed the 3 backward in my haste to get an unpleasant job done. My regular servicing dealer has taken care of the last two number changes when the winterization was completed.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2002, 09:08 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
when wbcci pays for my clear coat i will post my numbers . my last trip to the ruths convinced me that i dont need anything posted on my coach skin. i have my wbcci no posted in my rear window. as for the international they assign your parking space and they know where you are parking. as for a flag i have never flown one and no one has said a word to me . the last international i attended not even a third of the units had flags flying. to make a long story short if you dont want to do something no one can make you do it . so dont worry be happy ...

al wbcci 13798
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 04:39 AM   #45
3 Rivet Member

Hmmm, I thought this was suppose to be fun?? Sounds like "some" of these rallies are to much like work
Old 10-29-2002, 07:50 PM   #46
4 Rivet Member

1955 30' Liner Commodore Vanderbilt
Wayne County , Michigan
Family Friendly?

Sorry, this may be a dumb question, but how family friendly is the WBCII and VAC? We have 3 kids all under 13, we all enjoy camping, and yes all 3 kids are nuts, absolutely nuts for A/S's and old trailers. That's what the kids do whenever we go anywhere is try to spot trailers in yards and stuff. Anyways we are curious as to whether it might be something we could partake in and be welcome or do we have to wait until we're retired and fit the stereotype? (no offense) How many of you actually travel with kids and what have your experiences been?

Thanks,

Jason
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 05:49 AM   #47
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Kids and stuff

Greetings,
I am the one who started this thread and since has it carried on so long I thought that I might ring in here.

I am going to my first local Chapter rally this weekend.
We are taking our oldest son who is eight.

The reason we are taking him has lot to do with how receptive and friendly the people were at my first state rally which was the suject of this first post in this thread.

One thing I say very positively, the folks at the State Rally were VERY friendly.

The reason I started this thread was to gain some insight and or etiquette of attending a rally. Especially the Alcohol. We wanted to know if we were to expect the religous influence so strong that they would pressure us to be in their following, ( this did not happen, just trying to prevent it.) Kind of like the person that walks up to you in the parking lot and asks you to come to their church or listen to their take on religion. If you know what I mean.

We are already active in a church and we like it in small doses. Our son attends a private religous school and he enjoys all of the fun including the religous activities.

There are many opinions posted within this thread. I am going to follow the advice of the thread and attend another rally or three to feel it out real good.

So I say, ("gather up the kids and were goin' campin!" Go to a rally and have a good time and let the kids run with our kids and others and dont worry about being judged. The working class is steadily moving into the WBCCI and the rules and enviroment will evolve with the changing of the guard.

(sorry for the long wind),

Smily
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 06:24 AM   #48
4 Rivet Member

Wayne County , Michigan
I guess a better question would be, do the kids stay occupied? I'm not looking for someone to entertain them, but is there things the whole family can participate in, together? I've never been to a rally, so I have no idea what goes on or any activities that might happen, forgive my ignorance

Jason
Old 10-30-2002, 06:52 AM   #49
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Games for all

Yes there were games for the kids. The games for the adults are very simple games and the children are allowed to participate and compete amongst themselves if so desired.

I took my sons bicycle and he hung around the campground visiting others and doing that kid thing.

There were other children there to play with and they did just that.

We got to spend good quality time together going hiking and taking in some local sites.

I am by no means an authority on rallies but I think the kids should go along and make the best of it. I recommend bringing a game or two that your children can share with other kid campers.

I am certain that the rally would allow anyone to create and organize their own version of child occupational events.

As they say in the WBCCI. "This is your WBCCI".

Smily
Old 10-30-2002, 07:21 AM   #50
4 Rivet Member

Wayne County , Michigan
Thanks Ken, we'll have to look into our local units after we find a rig.

Jason
Old 10-30-2002, 08:33 AM   #51
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
think we would fit in?

me (with cigar) and my youngest brother
after a 800 mile ride in the rain to yellowstone from spearfish SD. on our harleys.
like the flags?

john
john hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 08:44 AM   #52
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
http://www.airstreamphotos.com/photo...papass=&sort=1

well here is the link since i can't make the image come up, enjoy.

john
Old 10-30-2002, 09:16 AM   #53
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
Looks good to me

Come one come all!!!!!!!!

I dont know if they allow people that wear glasses though

Smily
Old 10-30-2002, 03:06 PM   #54
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
what if we looked like this...

ha, got it to work on my site!

john
Old 10-30-2002, 03:23 PM   #55
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
John,
Is that really you?

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 03:30 PM   #56
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
yes it's me!

john
Old 10-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #57
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
John,
It sure is interesting to see pictures of people I have had discussions with on the forum. I find myself saying, "So that is what he looks like!"

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end
Old 10-30-2002, 03:57 PM   #58
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
possibly not the best photo of me, but shortly after this pic was taken it rained almost 4 inches!

i spent the rest of the afternoon pulling campers out of the campground with my truck so they could get home!

thank god (and chevy) for four wheel drive, one of the guys that was stuck had a pop up camper on a two wheel drive pick up. he had a medical emergency and needed to get home right away.

was one of my better vacations!

john
Old 10-30-2002, 07:38 PM   #59
Rivet Master

Dallas , Texas
Flags

Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' badgers!!
Old 10-30-2002, 08:15 PM   #60
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
You look like you are having fun.

Edie, I didn't catch the flags in the background. The comment had me laughing my head off. Sorry John, don't want to get in the middle of this one.

AIR #0078
3.73 rear end