Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
Uh Oh! Pardon my mistake Ma'am.....that's what I get for making an assumption!

Chief

AIR # 22776
Old 10-14-2009, 03:35 PM   #42
Rivet Master

1956 16' Bubble
Rose Lodge , Oregon
Well, actually, I can see where a mistake might be made -- I really should brush my hair once in awhile.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:39 PM   #43
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Old 10-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #44
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Tucson , AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
Here's yer sign:

I about fell out of my chair laughing so much!!! That made my night!

Laura
Old 10-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #45
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerkid View Post
Just wanted to express heartfelt gratitude at being labeled a "gentleman" for the first time in my life.

things is lookin up.
now kid...

'gentleman' might be a first, but you've been a fella' along time...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/275385-post30.html

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f138...ads-26277.html

with no mention of the G string incident or wet T contest.

IF u had gotten your WISH in that thread well...

there'd only be 1 wb' thread...

not a bad idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Let's see, to go to a forum rally one must have a few beers, make lots of noise and talk about older people...
hi 'uzzi

since u asked, NO, drinking isn't required, NOISE isn't necessary and older people are plentiful...

but we sometime sacrifice and torment puppy dogs...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...cap-17064.html

THAT rally is held in a no booze park btw.

in the SAME park a/f people WORSHIP food and pegan gods displayed on the sides of silver temples (c all 3 pages)...

http://www.airforums.com/photos/brow...c=3212&userid=

some airforums events are all PEACE and TRANQUILITY

like a scene from the waltons...

TRUE at forum rallies, the REALLY OLD people are dressed up and ridiculed...

http://www.airforums.com/photos/show...i=12104&c=3212

http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...7&d=1180579830

some forum events include pretty flowers and postcard backdrops (look at both pages)...

flowers, people, kites and stuff...

or strange hats...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...3&d=1180579136

IF no hats are nearby, wear a box while DRINKING a SOFT BEVERAGE...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...2&d=1212040052

http://www.airforums.com/forums/568095-post213.html

there is music AND more hats...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/567566-post209.html

workshop DEMONSTRATIONS of how to 'tan' that special area...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...6&d=1180579635

on the bottom of yer feet...

http://www.airforums.com/forums/atta...2&d=1180578924

and did i mention tormenting puppies and illegal aliens ?

http://www.airforums.com/forums/568580-post217.html

for those that DOUBT these truths there ARE other truths...

because @ forum ralle'z the truth is out there in vid e ooooooooo! ...

cheers
2air'

my humble attempt to bring levity here, just 1 hare's view.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlelWat View Post
HowieE, We are in Eastern PA.(from NJ) and are looking for a WBCCI group to share a beer with. Is the WDC unit in NJ? Merlelwat
While the center of membership for the WDC unit is around Washington DC there are members from all over the country, Maine to New Mexico. If you are interested send me a PM and I will send you some info and have one of the officer, not really officers we just had to call them something, get in touch with you.

Old 10-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #47
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post

[

Trout Lake

cheers
2air'

my humble attempt to bring levity here, just 1 hare's view.
Great short movies.

When's the sequel?

Andy
Old 10-14-2009, 04:28 PM   #48
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
Great short movies.When's the sequel? Andy
the sequel is currently being reviewed and decontaminated by the feds

i think it had something to do with the nekked twister and ritual marshmallow burning...

it will be out in good time, u cannot suppress the power of the people...

(or airforums)

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 10-14-2009, 05:18 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Antlers , Oklahoma
Ok - I am new to the forum - about a 6 month member - I follow as many of the forums as time permits. I read every point of view then try to develop my opinion. As far as this one - here goes. I was finally contacted by a WBCCI member from my somewhat local area (about 3 hours driving from where I am at). She was very nice and polite and very sincere about wanting me to become a member. But, they only have two local rallies a year. One in the Spring and one in the Fall. They last from Monday to Saturday. My up front money (membership dues) only pay for me being a member of the club and nothing else. I have to pay to go to the rally and then pay for the parking. She was sorry that I could no be there since I had to work and she informed me that the people of the club are either retired or can take off whenever they need to. I asked her if there were any rallies ever planned for a weekend and she said no - all of the people like to be home on Sunday. Well sorry folks - that leaves me out. I work Monday thru Friday - I can get off almost any time I need to. My girlfriend however has to schedule her time off in advance - manager of a store - open 7 days a week. No Red Letters for me. But - I am waiting for my Forum Membership Stickers and I will proudly be displaying my BLUE letters. I will be watching very closely for a forum rally in my area. But, then again, I will have to plan about 1 month in advance (at least) two months would be better.

Once again - I am very pleased with the information on this forum. I know Chief is sincere about his information and he did not sway my decision on joining the WBCCI. I have visited their web site and read just about everything there and I could almost see it was not going to be a club for me (I am not much of a club joining person to begin with). With the information I had read both at this forum, the WBCCI forum and my phone call from the local club member I have made my decision. Unless the rules change to where they are a little more flexiable (weekend rallies) I will never be a member whether I am retired or not.

2006 GMC 1500 SLE Crew Cab
5.3L V8 Towing Package
Equal-i-zer E2

AIR # 40365
TAC # OK-3
Old 10-14-2009, 05:25 PM   #50
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
mwells,

Check out the Heart of Texas Camping Unit, based in the DFW area. Artstream on this forum is a member. Their rallies are Friday to Sunday.

Don't know if they are any closer to you however.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 10-14-2009, 05:32 PM   #51
4 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Antlers , Oklahoma
Thanks wkerfoot - never know - they are 3 hours south. OKC is 3 hours north. Stuck in the middle. LOL

2006 GMC 1500 SLE Crew Cab
5.3L V8 Towing Package
Equal-i-zer E2

AIR # 40365
TAC # OK-3
Old 10-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #52
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
All WBCCI units are different. We waited 5 years, and had just about given up, before finding one that met our needs! Because it is a two-day (or more) drive to attend our unit's rallies, we actually attend more AirForums rallies.

For us, it's not about the money....although, I think the dues money would be far better spent on a well-managed web site than on IBT activities. It's about spending time with like-minded folks who enjoy their Airstreams and camping!

Thank you, Chief, for sharing your experiences....perhaps it will help others in your area in deciding what unit to join....or avoid!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 10-14-2009, 06:13 PM   #53
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
CMSgt,

I totally agree with your point of view about the WBCCI. The way I look at it, folks like us live and breathe structure...we sure as hell don't need it, while we're trying to relax. I recently found our nametags, from when we were a part of the DVNJ Chapter, Region 2, while cleaning out the garage...I promptly set them on a fire ant hill, poured gasoline on them and lit the match. It was cathartic. I'm thankful I never put the red numbers on our rig.

Summerkid, an elitist and a hottie! I haven't seen you post in a while.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 10-14-2009, 06:57 PM   #54
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
100% Free Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwells4654 View Post
Thanks wkerfoot - never know - they are 3 hours south. OKC is 3 hours north. Stuck in the middle. LOL
Hi mwells,

Love to have you visit us

Visit our unit website. Heart of Texas Camping Unit (HOTC) our motto: 100% free range!

We have an All hollows eve spook out coming up, which is to die for

Kudos Bill!

Michael Depraida (ArtStream)
V.P. HOTC unit 9 region 9
Old 10-14-2009, 07:57 PM   #55
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Trailer Travel Here and Abroad

I just bought a copy of "Trailer Travel Here and Abroad" by Wally Byam. All I can say is...WBCCI sure was cool back in the day. And I know I see guys pooh poohing the folks recreating the Capetown to Cairo Caravan. But, Africa wasn't safe in 1959 either. So my hat's off to those folks.

Me, I'm full time employed so no African Caravan for me this year. But, I think stuff like that is just cool beyond words. Ol' Wally had it figured out, and that was his club back then.

Hey, can I attend a forums rally with an Avion? Or would they throw rocks at a silver sister?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:47 PM   #56
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Wrong reason for Wally to roll over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstream01 View Post
Well, I joined the WBCCI because if it was good enough for Wally, its good enough for me. Granted, the way the WBCCI is these days, I think ole Wally is rolling over in his grave. I suppose I did it for traditions sake. And for the sweet red numbers. Just makes it look like an airstream.
Wally just wouldn't like the negative people. He just wouldn't. He was a very positive person, and would find a way to make something better. He would not try to destroy something. There are too many people of little courage to step forward to improve something. It takes little or no thought to be negative or to rip something apart.

You your energies to move forward, instead of backwards.

Shame on all of you that have forgotton how to think positive.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:53 PM   #57
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
I'm guessing the extreme (in my mind) religious thing and the no alcohol has to be combination age of the people and bible belt?
We are very lucky in Region 1 (the northeast) that we have six great units all with different personalities and New England is so small that you can really belong to almost any of the US units.
I've seen new units form to bring in a younger attitude, and new younger (in thought or age) take over or revitalize dying units.
Hey, friend of mine that lives in BUFFALO, just became our 2nd VP, of the Cape Cod Unit. He's very lucky his first experience was a great unit, he's been to some others (outside of Region 1) where he got yelled at for parking wrong, not wearing a badge, or NOT belonging to a unit in NY! But he's so enthusiastic about his airstreams and the people he met here that he's full steam ahead with the club, trying to make change happen, and I note he is 46 years old.
you should go to the FL state rally, I can hook you up with a great gang that goes there, and I'm sure people on Airforums go as well.
fyi, I'm 48 have 20 consecutive years in the club, but joined with my family in '78.
I only wish more people like you joined the club and help people like us change it for the better
Old 10-14-2009, 08:59 PM   #58
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
Shame on all of you that have forgotton how to think positive.
Spreading shame around is exactly opposite to being positive.

Gene
Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Is this truly possible?????????? They will YELL at you for not parking in the correct (wrong/right) spot (I use correct since I am a lefty and many times people will say "right" when left could also be correct), not wearing a badge - name tag, ??????????? I am a pretty passive personality, but if someone is yelling at me and/or personally comes at me I can be a pretty unpleasant person. I would like to believe that everyone is trying to have a good time, some want change and others want things to stay the same. The true answer is compormise. Everyone gives a bit.
"don't worry, BE HAPPY" and take it from there. Susan
Old 10-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #60
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Dale, given that you knew him, how would Wally go about improving the WBCCI? I'm not asking what if he were in charge, I'm asking what if he were simply a member? I can't speak with authority, because I simply wasn't born then, but I'm pretty sure that the WBCCI of Wally's era is in no way, shape or form the WBCCI of today.

In my opinion (and I stress that is only an opinion), what I saw at the 2006 International leads me to believe that it has been run into the ground by people who are bombastic, drunk with imaginary power and take themselves way too seriously. I don't know whether changing the name to AOAI would bother Wally, since he didn't come up with the WBCCI name, but the fact that the "leadership" even entertained the idea disgusted me and made my mind up to leave.

One of the ideas, correct me if I'm wrong, of the WBCCI is to promote goodwill. Trying to run someone off, when they arrive at a buddy rally, or yelling at them to put on their badge or yelling at them for not parking in the correct spot isn't promoting goodwill. It's those initial images that someone gets, when they are contemplating joining, that determines whether they join.

There are so many bad ideas that, it seems, the leadership sanctions and when you're simply a member, you can't make changes. I wanted to be a member of the WBCCI, so that my kids could have some good memories, make friends and get their minds off of their mother, who had just passed away. Being told that my kids were laughing too loud, while they were at the playground during a rally, was just one of the straws that broke the camel's back. If I were to stay in the club, in order to make changes as others suggest, by the time I moved up the ranks and was able to make those changes, my kids would be grown up.

Thanks but no thanks. I want to spend my time making good memories with my family now, not wasting my energy for nothing.

Dale, do we have it all wrong? Has the WBCCI been like this, since its inception? I'd like to think it hasn't.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Closed Thread