Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2011, 04:41 PM   #981
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
Tom.
Thanks for the clarification on that. We had one of the committee members at the TN state rally and he did provide a lot of helpful information.
I had wondered about reimbursement since he was a long way from home, but didn't ask. Was afraid of what the answer would be.
Rick, just a few more points

• the committee has accumulated more than 1500 hours to complete Revised constitution since August.
  • More time will be needed to complete the Bylaws.
  • All the phone calls (with some of the committee traveling needed to use their cell phones) cost well over $1,000 to be expended by each of us.
  • Joe who attended your units meeting has traveled from WA to Fl then LA all at his expense. Tom and myself also hit the road.
    We all joined various units meetings via tel conference.
  • The sole cost to the club was a legal opinion on OH law.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 06:23 PM   #982
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
As I said before, I do appreciate the time and effort the committee members have spent on this revision. With the changes I will submit included, the GA Unit will vote 320 to approve. Without the changes, must vote 320 against.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 09:16 PM   #983
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post

My unit's EXPERIENCE

__
You don't have a unit

Old 05-25-2011, 09:22 PM   #984
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
You don't have a unit

This is not necessary...Please! keep all posting civil.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:31 PM   #985
4 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
1971 18' Caravel
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
Based on what I've said, I would not rush out to change over the the WDCU without first checking with that Units leadership first. So far, I've not seen any email, newsletter, etc... explaining how we are to even vote on this issue (it could have hit the junkmail box for all I know). Good luck finding a Unit to cast your vote. If you find out anything about the voting within the WDCU, let me know.

Paul,

The ballots have been sent out to all the current members of the WDCU.

It is also located on the WDCU website for review.

If you have not received a ballot please send a request to: wdcuwbcci@verizon.net

Ballots will be sent out to current WDCU members upon request.

Thanks,

Tom Waugh- WDCU webmaster

Res nolunt diu male administrari.

WDCU Unit #170
Air #7085

TAC VA-4
WBCCI #2641
VAC
71 Caravel
69 Tradewind

My YouTube Channel
TWaugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 05:17 AM   #986
Rivet Master

Tom,

I saw where the email was sent out last to the unit membership for the voting. I've emailed it back to you with a straight "NO" across the board. If any wording is changed, all votes go to automatic "NO".

Thanks Tom.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #987
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Matt Hackney,
We also voted no on the proposed constitution, as published. We would be interested in finding out what amendments your unit demanded to make it acceptable. You do not list an email in the WBCCI directory and your inbox at Airforums is overflowing. Please send me a PM with your email so we can get in touch with you.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #988
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I am clearing my Inbox. I will send the proposal to anyone who sends their e-mail address.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:26 AM   #989
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Tom,

I saw where the email was sent out last to the unit membership for the voting. I've emailed it back to you with a straight "NO" across the board. If any wording is changed, all votes go to automatic "NO".

Thanks Tom.
Paul

Not sure I understand your voting. You want to vote NO across the board indicating you are against the concept but yet if anything is changed, even to improve the concept, you still want to vote No. Is that an indication of a closed mind.

Historically you were known standing for change in the operation of the WBCCI. Now that change is possible, maybe not total, you are willing to give up this opportunity rather than seize it and use it to accomplish your original goals. I have heard that you are questioning your continued membership but have not heard if that hinges on the passage of the Revision, which you intend to vote against, or the retention of what you faught against while President of the WBCCI.

Not just to cancel your vote but I will vote Yes across the board. If the membership does not regain some control of this Club there will be no Club in short order.

Not to leave a question in your mind I will not retain membership till the bitter end. Like many others that have attempted change, only to see it fail, if or when this undertaking fails I will leave. The only difference being I will not heap criticism on those that may remain and continue to fight for change.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 07:30 AM   #990
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
You know, Howie, one good thing about life here at the park is that we get to talk face-to-face with other members of the club often enough. And yesterday I was talking to a couple of other members about this. And we agreed: With the addition of Forrest's amendment, the old constitution is superior to the proposed new one. Hence our votes.

Lynn
Old 05-26-2011, 08:17 AM   #991
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Just so you folks know I learned that Tom S "bugdoc" has been halted from posting without explanation.

Can the mods explain why?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:09 AM   #992
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank
You know, Howie, one good thing about life here at the park is that we get to talk face-to-face with other members of the club often enough. And yesterday I was talking to a couple of other members about this. And we agreed: With the addition of Forrest's amendment, the old constitution is superior to the proposed new one. Hence our votes.

Lynn
We incorporated Forrest's amendment in our changes.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #993

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Just so you folks know I learned that Tom S "bugdoc" has been halted from posting without explanation.

Can the mods explain why?

Bob,

Just so you know.

Not sure what the issue is but bugdoc's account is current and there is no apparent reason on our end. We will look a bit deeper just to confirm.

In the future if you have question for the site team use the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the screen, or contact one us directly.

In this case bugdoc should use the "Contact Us" button and he can follow the process himself. He does not have to be logged in to reach us.

Thanks,

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:02 AM   #994
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
As of now from what I understand thru the grapevine, there are probably about 20+ amendments that will be discussed.

More than likely there will be similar ideas that can be merged before hand.

Any delegate attending must have the ability to debate & vote on all those proposed amendments.

The vote on each amendment will tallied by majority (51%).

There should be many happy hour debates I imagine, all the units presidents are supposed to be parked in one area. Since most UP are delegates it should be convenient.

Perhaps those who R experienced delegates can chime in here.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:12 AM   #995
Rivet Master

Let me be clear!

Howie,

I think you have totally misunderstood my position on things through the years.

I fought “against” the “Name Change Issue” I was not for it. I wanted the club name to stay the WBCCI. So, I was not for change there.

I fought “against” the “MOHO Issue” I was not for it. I wanted the club to remain an “Airstream ONLY” club. So, I was not for change there.

Not sure where you’re getting all this “You fought for change and now when you have the chance you are against it” stuff.

I have fought “against” change in the club almost since day one!

The thing I wanted was for the club to “loosen up” a bit, which the New Constitution does not address.

I have never had a real problem with the current WBCCI Constitution, could it be tweaked, “yes”. Do I think MAL’s should have the right to vote? “YES” and that can be done with a “simple” change to the current WBCCI Constitution. It does not take a “total re-write”.

I’ve never thought DMV (Direct Member Voting) was a good idea, I was never even for 1M1V the way you guys are trying to do it. Last I checked, if you are a member of a Unit, you get to vote once! Correct me, if that is not correct.

Do I think the IBT/EC7 should stop spending $$$$ for travel that is not required and for white tux parties? Sure do, that is covered in the WBCCI “Bylaws” not the Constitution. The IBT/EC7 has the power to change that today, if they wish! All the Forrest Amendment does is gives the power to the membership to hold their feet to the fire to make sure they do, which I am in “FAVOR”.

Let me spell it out so you, Bob and everyone else will be clear on where I stand.

Trash the “New Constitution” to many problems with it and is to far off track to even be fixed, amend the “Current WBCCI Constitution” giving MAL’s the right to vote and add the Forrest Amendment and you're done!

Wow, “TWO” simple changes. Two “simple” changes that most people would agree is the “right” thing to do anyway. Let’s see, every member can vote and if need be checks and balance to the clubs spending, hard not to agree with that!

Look at it this way, with you voting “Yes” and me voting “No” it’s like we never got to vote in the first place. Now we both know how the MAL’s have felt for a long time. I’ve always thought they should have the right to vote which is why I pushed them to join the WDCU for one dollar and even at the time willing to paying the Unit dues regardless if all 600+ did so.

I guess when it comes to the WBCCI, I'll have to treat it the way I do my wife and know there will be times she/it just "misunderstood" what I said though it was written in black and white.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:18 AM   #996
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post

Lynn
Lynn

I talked several times to Forrest, early on, and worked quite hard to have the thrust of his amendment directly incorporated in the Revision. However if you read article 18 sec 2 and include the Metro NY, to be proposed amendment, the insertion of the word BYLAWS after the word Constitution I think the membership will have even the more power.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:20 AM   #997
Rivet Master

"As of now from what I understand thru the grapevine, there are probably about 20+ amendments that will be discussed."

Let's see, 20+ amendments to fix the "New Constitution"???

The "current" WBCCI Constitution could be fixed in "TWO"

Are you guys nuts????
Old 05-26-2011, 10:27 AM   #998
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
To make things a little less hectic at Du Quoin, I would propose that those units that have amendments they would like to see incorporated in the "New Constitution", to make it more acceptable, publish those amendments here and on your websites or give them to your Region President for distribution. We live in the Electronic Communications Era. Let's use it.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 10:40 AM   #999
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post

Do I think the IBT/EC7 should stop spending $$$$ for travel

If that were true you would welcome the $17,000 travel saving, but you want to continue that spend, why

Quote:
Sure do, that is covered in the WBCCI “Bylaws” not the Constitution. The IBT/EC7 has the power to change that today, if they wish! All the Forrest Amendment does is gives the power to the membership [ only to the constitution] to hold their feet to the fire to make sure they do, which I am in “FAVOR”.
How does that amendment address the bylaws?

Quote:
I’ve always thought they should have the right to vote which is why I pushed them to join the WDCU for one dollar and even at the time willing to paying the Unit dues regardless if all 600+ did so.
Bottom line it was a great idea, but 600 folks didn't put up a buck they spent 25 not to do it, why?

Wdcu has about 80 members not 680, so there's more to the Mal issue, I think Don McKevey is closest to that issue.
They just don't want to be involved with any unit for a variety of reasons, I think one of the big ones is caravans.

Old 05-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #1000
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
To make things a little less hectic at Du Quoin, I would propose that those units that have amendments they would like to see incorporated in the "New Constitution", to make it more acceptable, publish those amendments here and on your websites or give them to your Region President for distribution. We live in the Electronic Communications Era. Let's use it.
Good idea, for those of us here but the fact is 2400 of 6000 no email, they don't ever hear "you got mail"

how many don't have unit websites or if they do when was it last updated.

Region presidents, we saw the way a few miss handled the dissemination of the revision.

there are unit presidents without email, that's a fact!

I'm with you, just telling you what I see perhaps you can tell us what the new ECC is planning on doing about this or Damian can chime in?

Tags
constitution, wbcci