Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #921
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Angry Changing horses in mid-stream. . . again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Hmm, we were told at our business meeting over this last weekend, that a vote on the Revised Constitution won't come until next year. There is supposed to be a ballot-like sheet awaiting someones' approval that will be sent out so members can read the current Articles of the Current Constiution what was, then the revised ideas of what will be, then a column to add a suggestion for their/our delegate to submit in DuQuion. We were told we weren't voting on the Revision at this time.
All very interesting. Around April 1 we got the official word from the International President and HQ how it was going to be handled at the Delegates Meeting this year. Now suddenly we have the unofficial word that's all been thrown out, not gonna vote this year, and there is some new bunch of paperwork coming out.

Is this true? If so, how come every member hasn't already been notified by email, from HQ, and not second hand by the usual rumor mill? And while we're at it, how about citing the part of the current Constitution that allows them to change the rules just a month before the International.

And how about the units that have already voted? Our unit ballots were mailed to the members a couple of weeks ago and the business meeting is the day after tomorrow.

There's a simple solution.
Attached Images

Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:02 PM   #922
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs down

What a waste of time, energy and resources, not to mention the insufferable grandstanding we have had to endure. However it accomplished several things. It left Leo out of the club, it killed the lawsuit against the IBT and it diverted attention away from Forrest's amendment to give more power to the delegates and diverted attention away from the IP's inappropriate conduct in renigging on his public agreement with the region presidents in regard to pushing the DENCO amendment ahead. And it gave loft to a brand new social climbing aristocrat (or two.) It appears this has been a year when many have become sick and tired! Kinder the enemy who must malign us than the smug "friend" that will define us.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:09 PM   #923
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I wonder how many are saying "told ya so"?
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #924
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Well it's not like Bob was voted in by membership. He just took the ball and ran, or was it took the money and ran making an unholy alliance? There was not a thing we could do to stop it and so many tried. You'd think he would disappear back to wence he came but I just don't think we will be that fortunate. Instead more will join the exodus away and leave the privileged to exact and sing their own accolades, which becomes even less and less fun for the masses, though the elite are far too self serving and enamoured with themselves to be much concerned about mere membership losses. It's all about friends...theirs. Yeah, we get it.

photography
Old 05-21-2011, 04:10 AM   #925
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
sometimes it is interesting how things do not go as planned. Often you can think you are doing the right thing only to find you have been stabbed in the back.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:35 PM   #926
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Sometimes when we are looking at the tube and checking out the the movies, we come across a really, really bad one. We watch it because these movies are usually, unintentionally, funny. It's kind of relaxing and we can read the newspaper or a book at the same time. It is multitasking.

This disaster is not as funny, although it's a pretty bad production. For those of you with a history with the WBCCI, it is probably not funny at all. It is the never ending train wreck, or speaking about bad movies, "2012", but everybody dies.

It appears hard to predict what the WBCCI will do next because most of us aren't that devious or dishonest. Most of us try to live up to our word. But it appears the best way to understand the WBCCI is to think of the worst thing they can do next, double it and then expect something like that. It is not cynicism, it is reality.

But I hear the world is going to end in 2 1/2 hours, and if not, Dec. 21, 2012, so who cares?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #927
2 Rivet Member

1986 Argosy
Dallas , Tech-Sus
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
But I hear the world is going to end in 2 1/2 hours, and if not, Dec. 21, 2012, so who cares?
Gene
Gene, remember Y2K!!

D*

Airstream FM

Easy Listening For the Internet Generation
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #928
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post

Gene
Click image for larger version

Name:	6691050.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	130349

Where is Bob? Oh he probably made a deal... Drat it all, and I had to be a naysayer. Oh well, perhaps we should reevaluate the regions one more time. I do believe the number of the Executive Committee remains whole though.

photography
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #929
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Attachment 130349

Where is Bob?
He is off giving another talk to a Unit about the virtues of next years Constitutional changes that will be a benefit to all. Live more, do more, plug the changes more..
Old 05-22-2011, 09:49 AM   #930
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Drat! The world didn't end. That was our best chance of ending this thread.

Gene
Old 05-22-2011, 11:21 AM   #931
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
OK Gang! Please stay on topic and away from comments of a personal nature.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

silverleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 03:48 PM   #932
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Nope In WI

We had our Unit Spring Rally this weekend.

We voted NOPE, not going to support it.

WBCCI needs to expend this energy into making the club more progressive and the International Rally more appealing. Changing the Constitution...... not the way to do it according to our Unit.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #933
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Northern Illinois, (65 members) held our Spring Rally this weekend. Northern Illinois votes 88%, (57 votes) to not approve adopting the Revised Constitution as published. Twelve percent, of the members attending, voted to adopt the new Constitution. That would be 8 votes. After the election, the Region 5 president, who attended, said that result was similar to the other units rallies she had attended this spring. Region 5 has approximatively 300 members.

She is not attempt to sway the vote in any way but listened and helped provide some official printed copies of the Proposed Revised Constitution and copies of the Denver amendment to the present Constitution, allowing the delegates to review the Bylaws and void those that were unconstitutional or not in the best interest of the club. It was approved unanimously. We will have to have our president send our approval vote into Jackson Center.

She also provided copies of the Bylaws revision that will be voted on by the IBT and asked for our thoughts on it, so she could consider our wishes when she casts her vote.

The Region 3 proposal would allow the Region officers to be recycled though the offices if no one else steps forward. They would not be allowed to run for consecutive terms. This proposal was also unanimously approved. She thanked us for our input.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 05:17 PM   #934
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I don't know if Nova is having a spring meeting or a vote or a discussion about the new constitution of any kind. I have posted on the forum without reply! YIKES! I was hoping the newest internet based unit would be communicating and interacting often on the internet, but communications remain nonexistent for the most part. I was hoping for a WDCU or HOT or 4CU type of unit in my own locality, but rallies, meetings and communications are much more limited. If I remain a WBCCI member next year it will definitely be as a MAL. What news of other units? How are they voting? Are units working on revisions or choosing to vote the revision down cold or just failing to address the matter? I wonder what anyone gets for their $65.00 and rising for the International taxation without representation when units require little to nothing for the fun fellowship and adventure experience. Sooner or later members have begun refusing to fund the grandiose spending of the leadership and realizing the tether is only a means to fund the great American Tour for the retired elite supported by the average members' dues without commensurate value for themselves in return.

photography
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #935
Rivet Master

The Denver Motion, aka Forrest's Motion we learned has been sent out for all Units to read. Had a very nice Tin Can Tourist Rally over the weekend.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #936
Rivet Master

Time will tell

It will be fascinating to see if the “New Constitution” vote scheduled for this year’s delegates meeting at the International Rally will be held based on the information posted by “Nuvite-F” and the members representing the “Revision Committee”.

The representing Revision Committee member wrote on the May 19 (6:50am):

“Awaiting final approval on the form (actually a Worksheet) along with a few other items of great interest”

To then have Nuvite-F write at May 19 (7:26pm):

“Now suddenly we have the unofficial word that's all been thrown out, not gonna vote this year, and there is some new bunch of paperwork coming out”

Normally over the past eight months or so if “anyone” posted anything the Revision Committee did not think was 100% correct in their eyes, the members representing the Revision Committee members would have posted something in less than 2-4 hours along the lines of:

“That is mis-information”, “You are just being a naysayer”, “You don’t understand”, etc… etc… etc…

It’s now been slightly over three days since the above was posted with “NO” response from the Revision Committee members saying that it is “NOT TRUE” or “That’s not exactly correct”.

Looks like there is a very good chance either a couple of things have happened.

1. Those pushing it have figured out it’s a non-starter this year, so there’s a need to reel the hook back in and change/sweeten the bait for us fish.

2. Maybe Don S. was able to prove his point that this whole thing was done outside of the current WBCCI Constitution, thus making it illegal in accordance to the current set of Bylaws

3. They have figured out the way the Revision Committee has been representing itself has not gone over well with much of the membership and are now keeping the “DL” (Down Low)

With just under a month before many start heading to the great International Rally to cast their votes, it will be interesting to read the posts by the Revision Committee over the next 30 days.

Let’s just hope if the New Constitution is not voted on this year, they will take the lead from the MOHO issue and wait five years before bringing up the subject again. Or better yet, just pass the Forrest Amendment and then we won’t have to worry about re-writing the WBCCI Constitution in the first place.

Time will tell,
Old 05-23-2011, 05:19 AM   #937
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Or they have enough smoke

Could the real answer be that they have used up enough time so that the current IP can get out of office without a lawsuit? The thing has no chance and they know it, job completed lets move on to another waste of time......
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:35 PM   #938
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
It will be fascinating to see if the “New Constitution” vote scheduled for this year’s delegates meeting at the International Rally will be held based on the information posted by “Nuvite-F” and the members representing the “Revision Committee”.

The representing Revision Committee member wrote on the May 19 (6:50am):

“Awaiting final approval on the form (actually a Worksheet) along with a few other items of great interest”

To then have Nuvite-F write at May 19 (7:26pm):

“Now suddenly we have the unofficial word that's all been thrown out, not gonna vote this year, and there is some new bunch of paperwork coming out”
Let me correct any misunderstanding that may exist here--I did not post any new information, just quoted an earlier post by Jim & Chris from Colorado. I have not heard anything whatsoever about this rumored change of direction from anywhere other than this forum.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #939
2 Rivet Member

Windham , New Hampshire
Nail on Head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
Could the real answer be that they have used up enough time so that the current IP can get out of office without a lawsuit? The thing has no chance and they know it, job completed lets move on to another waste of time......
I knew someone with some smarts would figure out where all this was going.

I agree Ed, this is the most elaborate smoke and mirror show to date, and it has nothing to do with making a better club. All of this was calculated to frustrate all of us who really care and can see what the club potential could be, because the real purpose of this exercise is to be able to say! "Hey we gave the membership a chance to make real change but they decided they were happy with the status quo". Boom, power stays in the hands of the IBT with the membership's blessing. A Coup d'etat without anything illegal.

So I don't believe for instant that the leadership of this club is incompetant. They have counsel, are deliberate and understand the consequences of their actions. Piss off the most vocal and send them packing in disgust and leave those who couldn't be bothered by the politics, to pay the ever increasing dues to maintain their club experience as it always has been.

I've tried to stay away from these discussions because they infuriate me so!

Oh to be oblivious again and join my AS Friends in their quest for the perfect recreational experience! Perhaps demetia will set in early and I can attend a happy hour wondering where I left my drink instead of how totally selfish and calculating some members of this club have become to be part of its "leadership" culture.

Am I bitter? You bet, and the sad part is, that a lot of really great people still belong to the organization. The cure for the WBCCI is not on the horizon, the cure for its disenfranchized lives in other associations whose cost and politics are minimal! Instead of attending 8-10 rallies a year with my former unit associations I will be on the road making new friends whose idea of fun and adventure are closer to my own!

So for those of you who are attending Alumapalooza....we'll see ya down the road!

wam52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 03:09 PM   #940
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Four days, seven plus hours without a post by Bob.

Is there a gag order?

Gene

Tags
constitution, wbcci