Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #581
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
That is part of the military protocol. You can't see it before those above you in the chain of command see it. It went out express mail and all unit Presidents should have it by today's mail.

Anyone wanting to have it e mailed to them send me a PM and I will shot it out.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #582
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
The system appears to be to distribute from the main office to the region prez to the units to the members so as to involve as many people as possible in what could be something simple. I will be surprised if it ever gets to me through that system.. Little else does.
Hope it gets posted somewhere soon.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 08:44 AM   #583
Rivet Master

Come people, is this REALLY a surprise. Could this have all been pr-planned?
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:45 AM   #584
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
That is part of the military protocol. You can't see it before those above you in the chain of command see it.
The chain-of-command paradigm was in evidence a few years ago when one of the region presidents publicly upbraided then-VAC-president Sherri Davis for not controlling "her people". It would greatly help if the upper echelons realized that they're not in the military any more.

There is no chain of command
in a voluntary association, because there is no command.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:50 AM   #585
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickDavis View Post
The system appears to be to distribute from the main office to the region prez to the units to the members so as to involve as many people as possible in what could be something simple. I will be surprised if it ever gets to me through that system.. Little else does.
Hope it gets posted somewhere soon.
The documents came directly from HQ to me. I will distribute to my unit. Actually, pretty simple.

But, online would have been much easier....

Maybe the time to let all the other stuff remain as is.

I really prefer to see a discussion on the amendments proposed. It almost feels like we are going in circles!

I do understand that the meat of the issues still need to be worked out, but maybe we can take a small bite on a couple of points before we attack the action as a whole.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 05:30 PM   #586
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
That is part of the military protocol. You can't see it before those above you in the chain of command see it. It went out express mail and all unit Presidents should have it by today's mail.

Anyone wanting to have it e mailed to them send me a PM and I will shot it out.
Thanks to those of you who sent me the documents. Now have to sort through all of it.

Some how it make little sense to me to send 100 plus unit presidents this by express mail at a cost of probably hundreds of dollars when it could have been done electronically at near zero cost.

Oh well!
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 09:30 PM   #587
Rivet Master

Its all been purposely orchestrated. AOAI insertion rears its ugly head again, as the SOB Class A.
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #588
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Before I retire for the evening.....

I intend to ask for my units support to reject the change to Article I. This is the additional of the phrase "the Airstream RV Association"

My rational:
The membership of the WBCCI has in the past rejected a name change. This is in fact a name change.

This amendment can easily provide for the purposeful use of a the title "The Airstream RV Association" as a full, sole, and proper title.

This was not the previous wish of the club, and I'm fairly sure t it is not the wish of my unit.

I look forward to discussion.

www.campnova.com

Old 04-02-2011, 10:00 PM   #589
Rivet Master

Could one of the Revisionist please clarify something. What was the original task/intent of the Bylaws Revision Committee. A reliable source told me, his understanding was the Bylaws needed some updating. Upon re-writing the Bylaws, they, now, didn't comply with our current Constitution, so the Constitution needed to be re-wrtten to comply with the re-written Bylaws. Is this true? Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? Can anyone shed some light on this?

A Name Change in the new constitution of Article 1 as DANB above stated, for calling WBCCI the Airstream RV Assoc Inc ( AOAI), Why not, HQ stationary already has it printed on it. A re-written Constition which in effect makes WBCCI an entirely new club, that seems to be how the IP, EC-7 is getting their name change pushed forward, that the membership voted no on. So, as a new club in the eyes of Ohio with this re-written constitution, what is stopping the International Board of Trustess from getting their way.? SOB MOTORHOMES!! Absolutely shocking!!
Old 04-02-2011, 10:12 PM   #590
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Can the leadership secede and become AOAI and include all brands of motorhomes and the intraclubs such as the VAC and Classic Airstream Club and the units retain their own individual constitutions and standing within the WBCCI? It might be time for a divorce, the progeny are suffering, and the honeymoon is definitely over!
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 10:13 PM   #591
Rivet Master

It was explained to me that Intraclubs and Units could stand by themselves if they choose not to re-write their own constitutions. Each Unit had submitted their own paperwork to their home state. They are their own entity as it was explained to me today. If Intraclubs and Units wish not to re-write their constiutions and bylaws to comply with the new WBCCI constitution if passed, WBCCI with its new constitution ( new entity) would have no claim on any Unit or Intraclub, including those Intraclub and Unit assets.
Old 04-02-2011, 10:27 PM   #592
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Hmmm, maybe we don't need a revision as much as we may need a revolution. Leadership has always said we are so revolting to them.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:43 AM   #593
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
I intend to ask for my units support to reject the change to Article I. This is the additional of the phrase "the Airstream RV Association"

My rational:
The membership of the WBCCI has in the past rejected a name change. This is in fact a name change.

This amendment can easily provide for the purposeful use of a the title "The Airstream RV Association" as a full, sole, and proper title.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
A Name Change in the new constitution of Article 1 as DANB above stated, for calling WBCCI the Airstream RV Assoc Inc ( AOAI), Why not, HQ stationary already has it printed on it. A re-written Constition which in effect makes WBCCI an entirely new club, that seems to be how the IP, EC-7 is getting their name change pushed forward, that the membership voted no on. So, as a new club in the eyes of Ohio with this re-written constitution, what is stopping the International Board of Trustess from getting their way.? SOB MOTORHOMES!! Absolutely shocking!!

Dan, this is NOT a name change at all we are suggesting spelling out an AKA only that has been in use by the club for many years on their letter head.
We could also as an example said "the Airstream Club", what is key is that current constitutution states "Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., sometimes hereafter referred to as the International Club."
to
"Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., sometimes hereafter referred to as WBCCI. "

the corp name is not changed International club is now WBCCI.

Colbus, way off base there is nothing within the Revision that makes this a new club.
What stopping the sob's is in the qualifications for membership is Art VI

Sec. 1 An adult who owns a hard sided recreational vehicle manufactured by Airstream, Inc. shall be eligible for membership.

Which is unchanged.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 05:53 AM   #594
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Airstream RV Owners Association has appeared bellow Wally Byam Caravan Club International on official stuff for many years now. Even thought that name was voted down it never went away. Don't you read the fine print (or the not so fine print under the bold)? The official posters that were all over Madison a few years ago had both names in bold and read as one name. I am kind of surprised this was never noticed. Open your Blue Beret and look right there in the front. The members voted it down, but the name never went away. I see this as a true sign of contempt for the wishes of the masses. Sometimes the word "AN" is inserted so anyone questioning the name change can just claim it is a descriptive title.

No big deal right. The hosts of the Birthday Bash were threatened with a law suit over the use of Wally's name, but for years now his name has been slowly pushed to the side.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:00 AM   #595
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Airstream RV Owners Association has appeared bellow Wally Byam Caravan Club International on official stuff for many years now. Even thought that name was voted down it never went away. Don't you read the fine print (or the not so fine print under the bold)? The official posters that were all over Madison a few years ago had both names in bold and read as one name. I am kind of surprised this was never noticed. Open your Blue Beret and look right there in the front. The members voted it down, but the name never went away. I see this as a true sign of contempt for the wishes of the masses. Sometimes the word "AN" is inserted so anyone questioning the name change can just claim it is a descriptive title.

No big deal, it is about the unit. Everything important about your experience is on the unit level and what happens at the exec level has very little bearing on the unit level. At least that is what I have been told.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #596
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Could one of the Revisionist please clarify something. What was the original task/intent of the Bylaws Revision Committee. A reliable source told me, his understanding was the Bylaws needed some updating. Upon re-writing the Bylaws, they, now, didn't comply with our current Constitution, so the Constitution needed to be re-wrtten to comply with the re-written Bylaws. Is this true? Isn't this putting the cart before the horse? Can anyone shed some light on this?
That only depends how reliable your source was

The committee's task was a complete Revision of the Bylaws, or as is more often referred to herein the Constitution, Bylaws and Code of Ethics.

A revision is a complete re-write not merely amendments.

For a complete explanation see RONR p 575, in pertinent part;

"Changes of the bylaws* that are so extensive and general that they are scattered throughout the bylaws* should be effected through the substitution of an entirely new set of bylaws*, called a revision"

* note RONR uses the term bylaws to include Constitution & Bylaws

now

No it is not, if anything the other way around.

The horse is the constitution, the bylaws the cart!

If the suggested constitution changes are adopted the bylaws revisions will follow.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 06:58 AM   #597
Rivet Master

So am I to understand the 2011/2012 IBT that is yet to be elected and the players voted into office has signed up (in writing) to have the "Bylaws" re-written?

Plus, what if Barry H. does not re-up this unusual Committee?

Will the travel dollars that the IBT, EC7 and Committee's get for travel be removed in the rough draft that has been talk about in the past?

Can we see the rough draft that was talk about at one time?
Old 04-03-2011, 07:03 AM   #598
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
I don't mind adding the descriptive sublabel. Of the many times that I've mentioned the club to non-members, I can count only one or two times when someone would recognize either "WBCCI" or "Wally Byam Caravan Club (International)." Inevitably, I wind up explaining that it's the Airstream club.

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62overlander View Post
Airstream RV Owners Association has appeared bellow Wally Byam Caravan Club International on official stuff for many years now. Even thought that name was voted down it never went away. Don't you read the fine print (or the not so fine print under the bold)? The official posters that were all over Madison a few years ago had both names in bold and read as one name. I am kind of surprised this was never noticed. Open your Blue Beret and look right there in the front. The members voted it down, but the name never went away. I see this as a true sign of contempt for the wishes of the masses. Sometimes the word "AN" is inserted so anyone questioning the name change can just claim it is a descriptive title. ..
Old 04-03-2011, 07:20 AM   #599
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Dan, this is NOT a name change at all we are suggesting spelling out an AKA only that has been in use by the club for many years on their letter head.
We could also as an example said "the Airstream Club", what is key is that current constitutution states "Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., sometimes hereafter referred to as the International Club."
to
"Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., sometimes hereafter referred to as WBCCI. "
First: Let's get the proposal correct. The addition calls for "the Airstream RV Association" as an additional name of our club.

There is no proposal for the addition of "AOIA", "owners", "an", or other things.

Will this proposal not provide for legal ability for our club to refer to itself as "the Airstream RV Association"?

If this is not a "name change" please tell me what is?

I'm interested in a response from revision committee members please.

www.campnova.com

Old 04-03-2011, 08:21 AM   #600
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
The video in post 603 is a strong shot across the bow and offers some comic content but the text in that post and post 606 leave me confused. In the first a member of the Revision Committee is portrayed as willing to sue the Club and in the latter the Committee is portrayed as being under the influence of the IBT. Am I to believe you expect me to accept each argument.

The Committee was formed by the IP not the IBT, The majority of Committee is comprised by members that have openly questioned the actions of the IBT. Do you want me to believe that the presence of the Committee Chairwoman, the Clubs Parliamentarian, could single handidly influence the balance of the Committee to support actions they have historical questioned.

I suspect some may have trouble separating a Corporate name form a common identity associated with a corporation but I am sure General Motors, General Electric, Johnson % Johnson still appear in prominence as the corporate name of records on file in Delaware. They have all evolved to a street identity, ie GM, GE, and J&J just as we have evolved to referring to the Club as an Airstream Club. You can rest assured GM, GE, and J&J have all been incorporated in there copyright files.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution, wbcci