Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #121
Rivet Master

I don't see that happening since Airstream has been and is WAY too profitable for them. It's a cash cow riding high.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:16 AM   #122
Aluminum in 3-D

1968 28' Ambassador
Seaside , Oregon
We can't depend on that. The OR of Thor is still alive and maybe thinking this is the time to sell,or any time down the road, when Airstream is at the top. Sell, go buy an island to retire on. No more business, just golf.
We are changing our constitution for Thor and we have in place the solution, co-ownership of an Airstream. Just own an Airstream with someone and make your own reservations with your SOB at the same campground as the group. We have members doing this now. Going to International, just stay in the Motel, many have been doing this for years. Or you could camp in a campground down the road.

Membership chair
Wally Byam Airstream Club
Past President Oregon Unit 090

Campfires, the original social media!
wbcci#29827

Check out the [URL="https://airstreamclub.org/"and Wally Byam Airstream Club on facebook
Blue Pearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:12 AM   #123
Rivet Master

I know what your saying, but remember, the two of us aren't in favor of allowing THOR coaches or any other into WBCCI, that's what FMCA, Esacpees, and Good SAM are for. We have achieved our 20th year in WBCCI, but will quit it in an instant if non- airstream MOHO's are allowed. As you may know, we have other RV's other than Airstreams, and we belong to other RV Clubs. The Prevost Club doesn't allow plastic motorhomes to join. The Beaver Ambassador Club we quit ( our bus was converted by Beaver Coach) when they voted a Constitutional change to allow non-Beaver Coaches to join. The grind of this issue in WBCCI is taking a toll, and there is the possibility we will disappear just because there is no "final end" to this debate. (Delegates Meeting, Filibuster, anyone?
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 04-10-2013, 11:54 AM   #124
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
When did Beaver allow "Other Quality Brands" into the club? And what was the result of that relaxation of the membership requirements? They say that they have 1000 members now. What was it a few years ago before the change?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:18 PM   #125
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Pearl View Post
We are changing our constitution for Thor. . .
I'll believe it when I see it. (And if it did come to pass, leave the WBCCI.)

But I'm not losing any sleep over this issue. It take a 2/3 majority of the members represented at the Delegates Meeting to amend the constitution, and the various motor home amendments have never gotten even 1/3.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #126
Rivet Master

This Contitutional change for Beaver Club was last year. A BAC member in good standing was allowed to invite/sponsor one non BAC coach into the BAC. Numbers of sponsored non members was not to exceed 10% of total BAC members in a given calender year. I don't know how this has worked out since we quit and no longer visit the Beaver Ambassador Club website. You say they give a total membership of 1000, seems that was what it was before we quit. So that means 10 NON Beaver Coach owners could be recruited into the BAC . I could go and look in one of our past membership directories from 2009-2011 and count members This idea was brought forth to the BAC since the parent company of Beaver Coach, MONACO CORP went went belly up, was sold iin bits to NAVISTAR, and they are not considering re-enlivening the BEAVER Marque. So there are no more new Beaver Coaches or new member/owners to recriut. Unlike Airstreams where Airstream is selling everything they make, just no Class A. I really think this MOHO issue rearing its UGLY head every year is a BIG TURNOFF, for anyone going to any International including Huron which the registration count right now is 311 Airstreams, with only 25 indicating VAC parking.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:07 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
The Zombie Amendment that will not die.

My wife and I quit over it when, after it was voted down overwhelmingly at Perry it was resurrected the following winter. Had a bad feeling then that it would rise again and again and again...

Mike
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 06:35 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Well at only 25 VAC members, it will be a very cozy group.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
This Contitutional change for Beaver Club was last year. A BAC member in good standing was allowed to invite/sponsor one non BAC coach into the BAC. Numbers of sponsored non members was not to exceed 10% of total BAC members in a given calender year. I don't know how this has worked out since we quit and no longer visit the Beaver Ambassador Club website. You say they give a total membership of 1000, seems that was what it was before we quit. So that means 10 NON Beaver Coach owners could be recruited into the BAC . I could go and look in one of our past membership directories from 2009-2011 and count members This idea was brought forth to the BAC since the parent company of Beaver Coach, MONACO CORP went went belly up, was sold iin bits to NAVISTAR, and they are not considering re-enlivening the BEAVER Marque. So there are no more new Beaver Coaches or new member/owners to recriut. Unlike Airstreams where Airstream is selling everything they make, just no Class A. I really think this MOHO issue rearing its UGLY head every year is a BIG TURNOFF, for anyone going to any International including Huron which the registration count right now is 311 Airstreams, with only 25 indicating VAC parking.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:57 PM   #129

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Some of those parking in VAC are members with newer AS....it's just more fun!!
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #130
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
This Thor WBCCI scheme makes no sense at all. Heck I had a Scamp and at least they're shaped like Airstream. My friend has a fifth wheel with an Atwood water heater, same as Airstream; why not him?

Really disappointing to see this kind of monkey business going on.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:54 AM   #131
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkottum View Post
This Thor WBCCI scheme makes no sense at all. Heck I had a Scamp and at least they're shaped like Airstream. My friend has a fifth wheel with an Atwood water heater, same as Airstream; why not him?

Really disappointing to see this kind of monkey business going on.

doug k
THOR (All caps) was formed by two entrepreneurs who bought Airstream and then went on to gobble up about a dozen other RV manufacturers. Thor Industries (not all caps) was formed by two of those acquisitions merging, for the purpose of building Class A motorhomes. I think…

A better analogy for the MoHo issue would be if you owned a Mustang, and belonged to a Mustang Club, and then the head honchos of the Mustang Club said, "Oh, we're tired of driving Mustangs, and want to drive Lincoln Continentals because the're more prestigious, and roomier, too. But even though we want to drive Lincolns, we still want to run the Mustang Club and tell you guys what to do, because after all, Ford Mustangs and Lincoln Continentals are both made by the same parent company."

That's it in a nutshell, as I see it.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #132
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post

"Oh, we're tired of driving Mustangs, and want to drive Lincoln Continentals because the're more prestigious, and roomier, too. But even though we want to drive Lincolns, we still want to run the Mustang Club and tell you guys what to do, because after all, Ford Mustangs and Lincoln Continentals are both made by the same parent company."
Using that stellar logic, I guess that it would be totally acceptable to join with my vintage Pinto! Just do not hit the fuel tank

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #133
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
We're seeing this kind of thing with the vintage little British cars. First just an MG club. Then MGs and Triumphs and Jags and others. Now Miatas, too.

Lynn
Old 04-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #134
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Now Miatas, too.

Lynn
Do they have Lucas electrical systems and leak oil also?

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #135
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Helotes , Texas
I am curious, for those opposing the motorhome issue, are you equally opposed to older Airstream motorhomesattending Airstream rallys?

As a sidenote I am neutral, just curious
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #136
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
Nope, those just rust out, but the lights stay bright. My MG will never rust out.
Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard E View Post
Do they have Lucas electrical systems and leak oil also?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #137
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
I've never seen anybody opposing membership for folks with an Airstream product, motorhome or trailer, including Argosy. But, then, I don't know everybody.

Lynn
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
I am curious, for those opposing the motorhome issue, are you equally opposed to older Airstream motorhomesattending Airstream rallys?

As a sidenote I am neutral, just curious
Old 04-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #138
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
My MG will never rust out.
Lynn
Do you have it shrink wrapped?

Gene

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #139
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmith View Post
I am curious, for those opposing the motorhome issue, are you equally opposed to older Airstream motorhomes attending Airstream rallys?
I can't speak for all "those opposing the motor home issue", but in my unit, anyway, we have no problem at all with Airstream motor homes. That is, motor homes made and sold by Airstream, Inc.

In fact I think the classic Airstream motor homes (made of aluminum and having a lot in common with the trailers) are pretty neat.

Nor would I oppose some kind of hardship exemption for long time members wanting to remain members while buying non-Airstream motor homes, since Airstream doesn't make them any more. Provided this would be a non-voting, non-office-holding "associate membership"--similar in fact, to present-day Members at Large. But that has been ruled out by the people promoting the motor home amendment.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:56 PM   #140
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
Imagine showing up for a Wally Byam Caravan and you have the only Airstream.

Something's wrong with this scheme.

doug k
dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote