Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #841
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Thank you for the info, Gene! You can, however, bet that I won't be burying myself in Robert's Rules and all the rest -- unless, of course, it's available for free as an ebook. (Please don't look. If you find it so available, then I'll be obliged to have to read it, and I don't want to.)

I did look back at the IBT docket this morning and found that the unseconded motion is one to amend the previous motion from last summer. I don't worry too much about it being unseconded since there are several people around who might do so. The only problem I have with with my memory: I don't recall a motion per se of this kind from last summer.

Lynn
Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #842
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
The Motorhome Amendment is a proposed change to the Constitution. The IBT can choose to bring these items to the Units for a vote (through the delegates meeting at international) OR they can choose NOT to take it to the membership. This was a recommendation from a special committee.

Amendments brought forward by a Unit, through their Region, must be brought to the Units (delegates meeting vote).
Old 12-28-2011, 02:28 PM   #843
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post
Thank you for the info, Gene! You can, however, bet that I won't be burying myself in Robert's Rules and all the rest -- unless, of course, it's available for free as an ebook. (Please don't look. If you find it so available, then I'll be obliged to have to read it, and I don't want to.)

Lynn
Lynn, no one can resist the "one forbidden thing":

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...YA6fwRfrL9DxWQ

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...xrOXajmdkMmVpQ

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...8ahdQCnruqcC3Q

These are just a few of the free resources available. The first 2 are free e-books. The last one is a free training video. Now all say "Point of Order, Mr. Chairman!". Google "free robert's rules" and you'll get a lot more.

Gene
Old 12-28-2011, 04:17 PM   #844
Rivet Master

Open to all

Not that I would ever think of making a mockery of the WBCCI International, but during the amendment process it’s opened up to the floor to make changes to the wording as the Delegates see fit before voting.

May I suggest, a Delegate ask for the wording to be changed to include all makers of travel trailers, class A, B and C’s and any vintage trailer/coach/home unit made older than 25 years and another Delegate second it.

If we are going to open this club up, let’s do it right!

Enjoy,
Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #845
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Tim,

Great letter. I got three responses from mine. One, was from Barry Heckensweiler

"Jim
I agree that the Airstream is an icon.
The motion to allow other brands into WBCCI is in the Delegates hands.
They will be asked to vote on June 30 2012 at the Delegates meeting.
I as President of WBCCI and have one vote just like you. I vote with
my unit and the Delegate represents the unit at the meeting.
Have a great Holiday
Barry"

The two other responses, were:

Two Region Presidents are on our side. No MoHo

I am confused: The letter above states the delegates will be voting on it in June.
As I understand it, the motion in its present form goes before the IBT in January. Do they not have the power to vote it down so it does not go forward to the delegates?? Or is it a foregone conclusion they will pass it and we will have another 6 months of this before it is killed at the delegate level in June. Or will it be going forward in the original form limited to life time members?
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

Old 12-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #846
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Gee, thanks, Gene. Just what I wanted. (I downloaded a copy, and maybe I'll even get around to sticking it into the Kindle one of these days.)

Lynn
Old 12-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #847
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
The amendment makes little sense to me and if it were up to me, it should be buried. But the main point was that it distracts from efforts to reform the club and people who care about the WBCCI should not let themselves get diverted.
I would say that the main effect of repetition of this unpopular proposition is to convert people who care about the WBCCI into people who no longer care about the WBCCI. It's having that effect on me, anyway.
Old 12-28-2011, 09:08 PM   #848
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Nuvi - I think you are right.....
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 12-29-2011, 04:51 AM   #849
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Just as the Revised Constitution was an amendment from a presidential special committee, the SOB moho is also a special committee proposal. Last year, Norm Beu pulled the Revised Constitution at the last moment, before the delegates' meeting. The IBT has the power to not advance the moho or to pull it at any time they desire. Given the negative effects it is having on the club, I can not understand why they do not pull it. It must be they see it as more important to them than the health and preservation of the club.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:03 AM   #850
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
The IBT didn't pull the Revision, it wasn't their motion it was Norm's.

The MHO issue is the IBT's, it was brought by one RP voted on to move forward (and passed) it was proposed for a vote in '12, this is only an amendment to that same proposal from last June.

Rather than this amendment being made at the mid winter it could have been made at the delegates meeting without advance notice.

What you folks should be doing is working within your unit and RP to vote it down that's the way it will happen not asking the IBT to withdraw it, that will not happen.

You also should be sure other units that are not attending have an associate member cast their votes rather than simply not showing up.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:01 PM   #851
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Like I said above, "Norm pulled the motion for a vote on the Revised Constitution. Since the special committee that wrote it was apointed by him, only he could stop it. Since the MOHO amendment is a result of a special MOHO committee, voted on by the IBT, only the IBT has the ability to pull it. If enough members make enough noise to persuade the majority of the Region Presidents between now and June, the IBT can pull it. For the survival of the club is should be pulled sooner than later. Email your Region President as soon as you can, so we can stop this lunacy.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #852
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwightdi View Post
If enough members make enough noise to persuade the majority of the Region Presidents between now and June, the IBT can pull it
Not 100% sure that can be done, it was passed and I believe scheduled to be on the agenda.

You have a better shot getting the NO votes from the units.

Old 12-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #853
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
It sounded to me on the last simulcast of July 5th that they agreed to put the motion forward at the Mid-Winter meeting but with changes in the motion and wording to be determined before then. They can and must be still working in the interim so I wonder who all knows what will or will not be presented. However, it would seem that a highly motivated parliamentarian with the acceptance and approval of the IP that makes the final call of legitimacy of interpretation could find a reason or two to pull it...that's if they wanted to. But I don't think that they want to. Even those against it may be anxious to absolve themselves from culpability in the matter by merely passing it along to the units for memberships' decision. It keeps their "all about friends" friends off their back and doesn't require they agree or disagree with those pushing the hardest on them for it. Most don't truly believe it will be more than moot once it gets to unit level for their decision, imo. This seems a dereliction of duty for the officers and causes stagnation in regard to attending to matters of the club. The harm of controversy and inaction has taken a numbers toll and continues to do so on WBCCI membership and appears to be deserving of an ethics code violation by my understanding of the code's description.

photography
Old 12-29-2011, 03:37 PM   #854
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
ethics code violation by my understanding of the code's description.
How so care to elaborate?

Old 12-29-2011, 03:42 PM   #855
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
no Bob. One must make their own determinations as was clearly the case when formerly applied. As clearly demonstrated in the recent past, therein lies quite a lot of wiggle room for interpretation and application. It also helps to have friends in high places. Does it not?

CODE OF ETHICS

To be ever mindful of our responsibility to Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., and through conduct, indicate to the public that membership in this organization is an assurance of our courtesy on the road and good will to all peoples and countries.
To be ever mindful of what we say or print with respect to the affect on others so as to avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members and to dedicate ourselves to the work of cementing together the members of WBCCI in bonds of good fellowship and mutual understanding.
To conduct ourselves in a manner to inspire others engaged in recreational vehicle travel to a full appreciation of the intent and meaning of this code.
To maintain our camps in an orderly manner and leave them in the same way.

photography
Old 12-29-2011, 08:12 PM   #856
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
At mid-winter IBT meeting anyone on the board can move to "reconsider" the MOHO motion. From there, the entire motion could go away, but from what I've been told, June Ryan, Treasurer, is instead going to move to amend the motion so that anyone can join with any brand of Thor motorhome. The question for the parliamentarian then would be, can Ryan do that? The answer is yes, but only with some parliamentarian maneuvering.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:19 PM   #857
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
If that happens, and that is probably a good bet, then perhaps there will be enough cool heads on the IBT to vote the change down and hopefully the amendment also.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
At mid-winter IBT meeting anyone on the board can move to "reconsider" the MOHO motion. From there, the entire motion could go away, but from what I've been told, June Ryan, Treasurer, is instead going to move to amend the motion so that anyone can join with any brand of Thor motorhome. The question for the parliamentarian then would be, can Ryan do that? The answer is yes, but only with some parliamentarian maneuvering.
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 12-30-2011, 07:26 AM   #858
Rivet Master

Once again, the IBT/EC7 members using their powers to run the club in their best interest while using your cash to run around the country to do so.

So let's think about. How many folks will not "re-up" their membership because of the constant crap like this? How many will not join the club because they keep seeing the constant crap-festival between the IBT/EC7 and the general membership?

I'm sure all the leaders of this club are very nice people, but as a group they stink when it comes to running the club in the best interest of its general membership and not the IBT/EC7's best interest.

They will continue to beat the membership down until they get this through, like it or not. The question becomes, how long will members keep funding the WBCCI IBT/EC7 USA tour until they do so?

Enjoy,
Old 12-30-2011, 08:09 AM   #859
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The usual procedure is that only someone who voted for a motion can move to reconsider.

The ethics code's says to "avoid disharmony". That's the same language China uses to put dissenters in prison.

Gene
Old 12-30-2011, 05:58 PM   #860
Rivet Master

Why do we need to include other brands when you can still get Airstream MOHO like this one on eBay right now. After seeing this one, I might have to become a MOHO guy too!

2006 AIRSTREAM 37FT MOTORHOME ONLY 12,600 MILES 2006 AIRSTREAM 37FT MOTORHOME ONLY 12,600 MILES | eBay

Enjoy,
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a1.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	147881  

Tags
wbcci