Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2008, 09:20 AM   #41
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinLoaf View Post
Based on the quote above, I can join the Wisconsin Unit (Go Packers!) and still attend events close to home in Southern Illinois? That would be fantastic.
Sure you can. Or, you can join both WI and SIU. The cost of a second "affiliate" membership is minimal, just the unit dues.

Hope to see you down the road,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #42
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
Nuvite-F
Is the Cincinnati Local operating? I see no acitvity since 2006 at least on the website.I get no response from E-mails. Why would u live here and join a WIS Unit?

Roger
Roger,

We are also members of the Miami Valley Unit of Ohio. We are mainly active with the Wisconsin Unit for two reasons:

1. On account of my Scandinavian genes we like to spend summers up here in the north woods, and

2. We went to our first Wisconsin Unit rally more than 5 years ago and we were hooked.

Both Miami Valley Unit of Ohio and Cincinnati Units are active, in fact they have some joint rallies. MVU doesn't have a web site. I don't know about Cincinnati. Units that start web sites need to be aware that they have to be kept up; an out-of-date web site is probably worse PR than none.

Cheers,
Nuvi
Old 07-30-2008, 07:06 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
appleton , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SARGE/AF View Post
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXX
Heres a thought for ya, and we will have to make a decision on this in the next month but Some things have changed here and instead of the 31 we have now I may have to move up to a 34 with slide before I expected too. We currently have a 1976 Soveirgn 31 foot that I may be selling to get into the other. I currently have it at AS Jackson Center for work to be done on it, it does need the following done; Water lines, water heater, fridge, shocks, and it is ready to use, another thing that should be done is the bumper repaired. But a person who mechanically inclined could fix it with ease.
In the inspection there are several small things that could use attention but not anything that is dire except that mentioned above and again someone who can do this stuff could do it over a period of time.
6500.00 + inspection bill would take it,

Sarge
Sarge,
I appreciate the offer, but I'm leaning toward a smaller trailer (20'-24' or so).
mark
Hodag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 11:33 PM   #44
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodag View Post
Sarge,
I appreciate the offer, but I'm leaning toward a smaller trailer (20'-24' or so).
Hi, Ho,

Don’t know if you have had a chance to meet with Ed yet about looking for a good vintage Airstream. I believe he’s on the road at the moment. (Airstreamers are often hard to find!) Ed is a great source of advice—at last count he’s restored four of them.

I’m with you—for camping (as opposed to full-timing), trailers in the 20 -25 foot range are the way to go. Airstream made a lot of models in that size range, but they are also the most popular with vintage Airstreamers—smaller trailers often sell for more than larger ones in equivalent condition. (My apologies in advance if I am telling you things you already know.) A good source of information on the various Airstream models is R J Dial’s Vintage Airstream Photo Archives, Vintage Airstream Photo Archives

Before we lucked into our present 1980 22 foot International Caravelle we were looking for a 1970’s 25 foot Tradewind. Airstream made quite a few of them and we like the floor plan—sort of the dividing line between “small” trailers and “big” trailers. As a strictly camping proposition—as opposed to a collectors item—70’s trailers are essentially “modern” trailers, with both black- and graywater tanks, full bathrooms, and modern amenities. Most have air conditioners. (If you’re interested, I know some folks who may still have a 70’s Tradewind for sale.)

From your first post I am assuming that you are planning to visit us at the Wisconsin Unit rally at Seymour, Wisconsin—right around the corner from Appleton—September 12-14. There should be a good sample of vintage Airstreams there.

I also wanted to mention that the Region 5-7 Vintage Airstream Club rally will be at Osceola, Wisconsin the previous weekend, Sept 5 – 7. You are more than welcome to attend that with your present trailer without being a WBCCI member as it’s a buddy rally, meaning that anybody can come if invited by a member. You are hereby invited! If you would like to attend, please send me a private message with your name and email address and I will notify the host that I am sponsoring you. Sign-up form is in the July Badger Bulletin available at the Wisconsin Unit web site. WBCCI Wisconsin - Region 7, Unit 116 » Badger Bulletin Newsletter The only drawback is that we will be essentially boondocking at the airport location so I don’t know what will be available in the way of bathroom facilities.

Looking forward to meeting you at Seymour, Osceola, or both!

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 08-02-2008, 09:40 AM   #45
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
Dear Tom,
I have been a member of Northern Illinois unit for 14 years and am a past president. I currently own two vintage trailers and there are a number of other vintage trailer owners in our unit.

Our membership chairman is on the WBCCI Alaska Caravan at this time. I am not sure who he turned the inquiry over to but I am sorry you did not get a timely response. I have sent you an e-mail in the past inviting you to come to one of our buddy rallies to review some of our activities. We are holding another buddy rally at Amboy Depot Days at the end of the month. Since it is a buddy rally you are free to bring out your non- airstream trailer. Check out our website for particulars.

Here is the link: Northern Illinois

You can also check out our News letters at : NIU Newsletter

We are a larger (about 100 member families) more active (6 rallies per year) units with wide ranging demographics. We usually have about 10 - 20 units come to each rally. Our Current president and our next president are younger people with an eye to the future. Our membership dues (regular or affiliate) are $10 per year. The most commonly used rally site is Amboy, IL which is about 100 miles from McHenry.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 07:18 AM   #46
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
WI Trailer

Hodag,
Call me about a 25 in western WI, 1972
Ed
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote