Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-27-2010, 12:03 PM   #41
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Fact the committee was not forced upon the IBT it was created by them to incorporate change and streamline the governing documents among other things.

As to your MAL issue.

What rights do you believe they should have, within your post I don't see any specifics, please elaborate.
I'm sorry I assumed you were aware MAL's are not allowed to vote or hold office.

I was not aware the committee was empowered to incorporate change and streamline the governing documents.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:14 PM   #42
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Ok, thanks

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:30 PM   #43
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
On that same note I'm not required to reply to anyone.

Of course non members are welcome to post their thoughts relating to this very important matter
I don't know why the WBCCI forum banned you forever. You seem to be of the same mindfulness of duty as the leadership that is supposed to be participating on WBCCI forums has. Has that been resolved yet? How can the right hand of WBCCI not know what the left hand is doing? What did you say to get removed? Has the IP responded to your inquiries about getting back on the forum? Or do you even use the forum? I would think the forum would be a good place to go though constitional matters and bylaws. I think Charlie walked us through one last year or so. We were able to give our input. That may in fact be the action of Forrest's. Did you find out yet how that is progressing?

A few more quesions if you will about the new committee...One of the items for change long to be addressed is just how the nominating committee hand selects the candidates for election. It is well noted that these candidates are not selected for their agendas for change but because of the approval from their predecessors as courted, valued and instrumental. The selection of this committee has been similarly conducted, am I correct? Were the only applications received the ones from the individuals that IBT contacted privately? Has anyone else submitted their application and if so when is the cut off date and when is selection to begin? When and where will the minutes of this new business be available?

You mentioned in your e-mail to me today that Tim is on the committee and why don't I go after him. It appears the committee is a done deal by your own announcements though no one else has mentioned the committee before or since so we are relying on your information. But I do insist that the next time you have "information" to share with me privately that you drop the swearing and name calling and be more moderate in temper. Don't forget WBCCI still has a Code of Ethics...and guess what, I am a member. It all counts Bob, words do matter. (oops did I do a Gibson?)

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 02:50 PM   #44
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
After reviewing several nominations the last seat on the Committee is Tom Smithson, 1st VP NorCal, so membership selection is now complete.

The real work will begin next week.

Old 08-27-2010, 04:15 PM   #45
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
After reviewing several nominations the last seat on the Committee is Tom Smithson, 1st VP NorCal, so membership selection is now complete.

The real work will begin next week.
Bob,

Stop trying to make this all SEEM legitimate... it is just the same ol' sham of using hand selected IBT cronies to try to fool the general membership into thinking REAL progress is being made.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:12 PM   #46
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb

Hi Howard, not sure if you have other points or is this list complete?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard E View Post
This series of posts is partially in response to posts on elections. What is outlined are major results and not specific amendments to the by-laws and constitution. Sorting those out is the job of the By-laws committee.

1. Members at Large (MAL) shall be allowed to vote in all international elections.

2. MALs shall be allowed to vote in all region elections providing they reside in that region based on their address on file at HQ.

3. MALs shall be allowed to hold international offices.

4. MALs shall be allowed to hold region offices providing that they reside within the boundary of the region - see #2.

5. All amendments to either the International Constitution or By-laws shall be approved by a direct vote of the membership. An affirmative vote of (insert percentage - 60 or 75?) of the membership (or membership voting) shall be required for passage.

6. International Officers shall be elected by a direct vote of the membership.

A. Nominations for International Offices
1. The nominating committee proposes a slate of candidates - no change from current procedures.
2. Nomination by petition - any member in good standing wishing to run for international office will be placed on the ballot by submitting a nomination petition signed by (insert percentage, 2% suggested) of the membership in good standing to the International Headquarters by (insert date).

3. The slate of candidates proposed by the Nominating Committee along with any candidates by petition shall be published in the Blue Beret (BB) at no charge to the candidates.
4. Any amendments to the International Constitution and/or By-laws shall also be published in the BB prior to the vote.

B. Procedures for International Elections

1. HQ mails ballots to all members in good standing at the time of the election.
2. Members have the option of either voting by returning the mail ballot or by the internet. Each ballot contains a unique PIN so that "one member - one vote" is maintained.
3. HQ or the designated tabulating agent reports the results to HQ and the IBT.
4. The results are announced at the International Rally and also published in the next issue of the BB.

C. Suggested Time Lines
1. Nominating Committee candidates announced no later that 1 Feb.
2. Nominating petitions due at HQ by 1 March.
3. Candidates and amendments published in the April issue of the BB.
4. Ballots mailed to membership by 1 May.
5. Close of voting - ballots must be received at HQ and internet votes cast by 1 June.
6. Results reported to HQ/IBT 15 June
7. Results announced at International Rally and published in the next issue of the BB.

Advantages:

1. One member - one vote.
2. Members at Large are represented.
3. Eliminates the hodge-podge of Unit voting procedures and streamlines the time line for elections.
4. The Delegates meeting at the International Rally becomes supurfluos and the IBT meetings can be moved to times when the membership is present at the International Rally, rather than before and after the rally.
5. The cost of mailing ballots is minimal - non-profit zip sorted ~ $0.04 each X 6500 members = ~ $260.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #47
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Research the data collected for the past several years? Where is that stored? Is it from the surveys and the 2020 and the Communication Liason reports, how about any other data what might that be? Hope they like to read.

Will there be a drive for new data to add to the amount of existing data that was gathered? When will they start, are they started? When will they finish?

photography
Old 08-27-2010, 07:41 PM   #48
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Fort Walton Beach , Florida
In 400 BC, the great Chinese General Sun-Tzu wrote "The Art of War." One notable passage that has been quoted thoughout the years since: "Keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer."

Here is a loose definition: You can make your enemy feel complacent, and allow them the illusion that they know everything about you. In reality they only know what you allow them to find out. In effect, your enemy can be manipulated without any knowledge on their part whatsoever. When you are close to your enemy it gives you the chance to work on the people around them, to cause unrest, resentment and instability both in their home or "camp". You can silently undermine your enemy and they wouldn't have a clue just how much you have usurped their authority until their people fail them.

Isn't it amazing how much smarter we are today ?

Ron

AIR # 22776
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:21 PM   #49
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Lamy , New Mexico
Quote:
Hi Howard, not sure if you have other points or is this list complete?
Bob, for elections this is pretty much it. A Part 3 could be bringing Region elections in line with a one member - one vote procedure and direct elections but this is enough to work out the "trivial engineering details" of for now.

Howard

TAC NM-1
Four Corners Unit Treasurer
WBCCI 5279, AIR #24915
KF5RGU
Howard E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 08:57 PM   #50
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Seems like Save Wally had the amendment and was working with others on one member one vote in 2006! Here is the rationale of the completed .doc that already has the details worked out. If you are going to research the accumulated data you wont have to recreate the wheel just compare amendments for inconsistencies... You might want to contact Leo or Save Wally for various completed amendments I recall reading and rereading revisions until they spent hours upon hours on various issues and changes. But then you may have many of them in your database that you will be drawing from. You'll have to tell me if this is already in effect because I have no interest in drafting the constitution so I don't read it regularly. Strange but true.

Rationale:

By approving this amendment, WBCCI members will gain a voice in the WBCCI Bylaws and Policy. Currently the general membership has no say in Bylaws and Policy decisions. Such decisions are restricted to the vote of the International Board of Trustees (IBT). (Constitution Article XV Section 1) Since the Bylaws and Policy help define how WBCCI operates, members need a vote in making Bylaws and Policy decisions.

Furthermore, current practice allows for the WBCCI Bylaws and Policy to be amended with a quorum of 10 members of the IBT. (Constitution Article IX Section 6). This means decisions for the WBCCI membership can be made by the Board of Trustees with as little as
7 YES votes (Bylaws and Policy Article XVIII Section 1), with no avenue available to the membership of approximately 7,681 to have oversight through the right to form Bylaw and Policy amendments and to vote on such amendments.
Typically an organization’s constitution and bylaws are passed and subsequently amendable by the body (members/units) for the good of the club. In WBCCI this is not the case since they are voted on exclusively by the Board of Trustees. Restating the WBCCI Constitution will give the membership due authority in these issues by establishing the member’s right to amend Bylaws and Policy, thereby directing the Board of Trustees’ efforts on members’ behalf. Member amendments are a part of the checks and balances that characterize a democratic organization.

This motion seeks to correct this oversight and will allow members/units to adopt Bylaws and Policy while not changing the Board of Trustees’ ability to also adopt Bylaws and Policy. Any Board of Trustees is subordinate to the member body that elects them and is usually appointed by organizations that meet only annually, as does WBCCI. Therefore, the WBCCI Board of Trustees authority is to be exercised between annual meetings of the delegates. Running the WBCCI is a responsibility that the board and the members share. Please note that a subordinate body (Board of Trustees) cannot subsequently modify any action taken by its superior (members/units).

WBCCI Members and Units should have representative input through amendments to the Bylaws and Policy. Member involvement is enhanced and the club is strengthened when member suggestions for improvement are given deliberation and a vote.

A vote to approve this amendment will accomplish the following:

1. Give all WBCCI voting members an increased voice in how
WBCCI is run
2. Allow WBCCI to be more responsive to members’ input and to
more closely
reflect the wishes of the majority of the members
3. Formalize appropriate checks and balances for the international club since both the Board of Trustees and the members will have the right to address Bylaws and Policy
4. Preserve the Board of Trustees’ ability to adopt and implement Bylaws and Policy with a more enlightened understanding of members’ desire

photography
Old 08-28-2010, 10:38 AM   #51
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb

RONR's default gives the power to the general membership, not a board.

Further, the RONR default is a two-thirds vote!

Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #52
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Here's the rationale for this committee:

"This will be a committee of the Executive Committee. It is being created to recommend to the Executive Committee a revision of the constitution and bylaws and policy. It will incorporate the information collected over the past several years and strive to detect and eliminate any inconsistency or any ambiguities and provide its recommendations to the executive committee for its action."

The emphasis on this committee is inconsistencies and ambiguities?
Really?

Who can tell us why that is a totally wrong interpretation of that section?

Old 08-31-2010, 04:32 PM   #53
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
That's a direct quote of the committee rationale, isn't it? I hope the other committee members chime in as well. It would be great to hear first hand about what they will be doing and how. Are there any particular deadlines that they are working towards? Will there be a single report drafted or a series of incremental and progressive reports before completing all the data that has been acquired? Are they to collect more? At what meetings will they be required to attend? Will there be travel reembursements for this committee? What is the projected cost to the WBCCI of adding this committee and where can this information be found?

photography
Old 08-31-2010, 04:39 PM   #54
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Bob,

What would the correct interpretation of that section be? "...incorporate the information collected over the past several years.."

If so, do you really need this thread?

Bill

Quote:
Really?

Who can tell us why that is a totally wrong interpretation of that section?

Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 06:13 PM   #55
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Question

Leo in the past you asked me for my interpretation of all your grievances and bylaws (remember when I found the 30 day restriction on the filing of your first grievance)

in fact you told the Metro board “Bob was a HUGE help”

Now read it again what is it you're missing? palm on head

"This will be a committee of the Executive Committee. It is being created to recommend to the Executive Committee a revision of the constitution and bylaws and policy. It will incorporate the information collected over the past several years and strive to detect and eliminate any inconsistency or any ambiguities and provide its recommendations to the executive committee for its action."

Old 08-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #56
Certifiable

. , .
The New Committee is like... Giant Underpants!!!

Old 09-01-2010, 09:13 AM   #57
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Arrow

this was posted in the Lawsuit thread

Since I rather not engage in that thread.......

Quote:
It's over, just chill till the mid winters, if this isn't adopted which I doubt, there will be a mass drop in membership.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boondocker View Post
Exactly what is being adopted? As far as I know there is no proposal on the table. Or is this like health care, too important to let the general public know about until its passed? Maybe this can just be "deemed" as passed as well....
If there is an actual proposal being considered it needs to be out in the sunlight not hidden in a back-room, no matter how pure the back-room crowds motives may be.
Ok let's discuss the process, the committee was just finalized with the 5th member last week.
We all talked and introduced ourselves and discussed each of our goals on the committee, its fair to say we all agree to sweeping changes for the survival of this club.
With the Holiday and hurricane, this week was tough to meet.

So next week will be the first group meeting, I suggested we use GTM, Go To Meeting, which most have seen on TV or used.

We can for instance pop a doc on a screen and it allows us to conference call at the same time to discuss.

In answer the question what has been adopted? first it needs to be drafted

Question too important to let the general public know about until its passed

the answer is NO, The Committee will communicate with WBCCI Members via the WBCCI.ORG forums, Airforums, the Blue Beret and direct e-mails.

As you can see there is an obvious flaw, Wbcci forums are run by the Gestapo, It is being addressed, but until access is resolved or the management is changed, it's not happening there.

The best alternative is Airforums, (I thank them for their cooperation.)

A special Gmail account for members and interested parties will be setup shortly.

So please post legitimate questions here which I'll try to answer but if it's not civil, I may decline to reply.

If I don't know the answer I'll try and get it, one of the platforms I presented myself to the committee was to try and bridge the gap from the dissenters or folks tied with the status quo.

However the actual deliberations of the committee can not be discussed, see RONR. for the reason

The committee plans to present its changes before the Midwinters the later part of Jan.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #58
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Some ideas

• Completely eliminate present constitution
  • Dissolve the IBT and replace with a council of presidents(COP) (unit presidents).
  • All business currently conducted by the IBT to be handled by the COP via internet based meetings.
  • COP to designate a chairperson to conduct business meetings. This chair to have no authority beyond this single role.
  • Eliminate grievance system
  • Eliminate paper version of newsletter
  • Require all rallies to be self-supporting

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 PM   #59
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
  • Completely eliminate present constitution ok, it needs an update
  • Eliminate grievance system agree a good idea
  • Eliminate paper version of newsletter Yes all communications need to move into the 21st century using the most advanced tech available.
  • Require all rallies to be self-supporting
Please elaborate on the rallies please.

The suggestions below need more explanation.

• Dissolve the IBT and replace with a council of presidents(COP) (unit presidents).
  • All business currently conducted by the IBT to be handled by the COP via internet based meetings.
  • COP to designate a chairperson to conduct business meetings. This chair to have no authority beyond this single role.
Thanks for your input.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:58 PM   #60
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Recommendation

Frankly, based on the number of members of my unit who have either already left the WBCCI or plan not to renew this year, the disciplinary actions against Bob Thompson, and now Leo G, are the most divisive things the International Executive Committee have done in recent memory, exceeding even the demoralizing effect of the MoHo issue and the proposed name change.

This being the case, the essential outcome of the committee’s proposed reorganization must be a commitment to freedom of speech and the elimination of political abuse of the grievance process, including, retroactively, application to the reinstatement of Leo G.

Comes now our present International President who is quoted elsewhere as saying,

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
My personal interest is to make the Blue Book more user friendly, to reduce the bulk, to review Standing Committee Job Descriptions, and to identify impediments to "fun, fellowship and adventure" - all the while retaining the essential character and the traditions of the WBCCI, including the Code of Ethics.
To me, the words, “retaining the essential character and traditions of the WBCCI, including the Code of Ethics” mean, “We reserve the right to toss anybody who doesn’t agree with us out of the club”.

Which leads me to wonder if “the essential traditions of the WBCCI” include the captain going down with the ship.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
constitution revision, wbcci