Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 11:02 AM   #261
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post
Collier calling it "his" international was an oversight. It was an inadvertent acknowledgement of his perspective on the organization. If the WBCCI were a government, he would be a public master, not a public servant.
OVRESITE?
I think we should leave that interpretation to those that were there and rely on it. Often the inflection and body language are as important in determining the intent of a comment. Unfortunately these components of ones comments can not be given justice in reported text.

Another factor in considering the intent of ones comments might be their historical action and comments. Mr Collier has not concealed his intent in the past and I doubt he has changed his spots.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:03 PM   #262
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Owings Mills , MD
I miswrote. I meant to say "was not an oversight." In general, I think how people talk--the nuances of language--reveal a great deal.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:39 PM   #263
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Nashville , Tennessee
I'm a non-member

I wouldn't support any organization that forces people out or tries to tell me who I can camp with, but that could just be me.

I was interested, but now I'm moving on and wishing others could do the same.
It sounds like ego maniac slave drivers on wheels.. No thanks, I've dealt with the type before. That is their life, they feed on it. Unless you want to devote a miserable life to their pissing contest, I would say go have a real one. Let that be your mark of protest and proof of what it should be about.

It sounds, from a very uniformed view point, like they are "mere" miserable Airstreamers

This isn't giving up, it's probably the most proactive approach. Airstreams will out live the nonsense. There is no legacy that needs to be taught or passed down. One look and the next generation will know what to do with it. The rest just seems to get in the way.

I just hope the quaility of Airstreams don't deminish too much.

I'm sure I'm off, lol
Old 04-22-2010, 08:01 AM   #264
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
nomader

You are clearly in the majority seeing that 80% of a once great Club have left the club.

The lawsuit is a last ditch attempt to brake the strangle hold that the current Leadership has and return the Clubs management to the current members and reopen it to those that once saw advantage in membership.

Most that have knowledge of the actions and directions currently being exercised know this will only allow the Leadership to ride the treasure to zero leaving a shell to be sold off at auction. Yes we could wait till this happens and approach Thor or who ever buys the salvage for the license to use any copy written material and attempt to reorganize the Club around that

Waiting is most likely 10 years away during which time membership will continue to drop under the pressure of ever increasing dues and lack of connection to Royalty. Do those truly interested in the Club want to continue to pump monies into this rat hole for the sole enjoyment of this disconnected group? Increasing numbers are saying no and just leaving thus reducing any core of individuals necessary to support a revised Club. Thus it is now or never.

Many have been reading this thread and have not yet grasp the seriousness at hand. Hopefully you will not look back a few years from now and say this Club could have been saved.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:34 AM   #265
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
On the lighter side

This could be us without the suit and ties.

At home on the road | Video | Reuters.com

Airstream, making caravanning cool | Video | Reuters.com

Old 04-30-2010, 05:23 AM   #266
Certifiable

. , .
Impresive letter,

but it's my understanding that Mr. Emerick is running from the floor NEXT year, not this year. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...tml#post834444
Old 04-30-2010, 07:23 AM   #267
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
but it's my understanding that Mr. Emerick is running from the floor NEXT year, not this year. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...tml#post834444
Yes the Forum information is current. There was a time delay between the submission of Forrest's article and Ed's current stated position.

Old 04-30-2010, 07:56 AM   #268
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Great article from Forest. He has really addressed what is going on concisely and accurately for any member not aware of what the fuss is all about. Thank you!!

It might now also be a good opportunity to direct readers to Forest's amendment as referenced.

"Also, up for your consideration will be a mo-­
tion to amend the WBCCI Constitution. The
full text is on page 5 of our February newsletter...­
forward to other Units to consider and vote
on. If it is ratified, it will be a tool that every
Unit can use to put an end to the heavy-­handed
abuses that are killing our Club."

photography
Old 04-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #269
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
The Blue Beret

16 "in memorium" notices - one with a three digit WBCCI number.

New members - didn't notice any. Of course I tossed the rag after about 3 minutes.

Really hate throwing money at lawyers - and as the story is getting out to the general membership - we may not need to. The internet IS everywhere. I met an older WB member who had 5 stars on his rig - (my numbers are still on a removable plastic sheet with a big black piece of duct tape over them) He was urging me to join, and when explained that I was a member - and asked him about the expulsions and the "rigged" elections - he just sagged. He knows he's in a dying club... and thinks the problem IS with the IBT, but at 79 just hope it outlasts him.

He even knows about TAC. Seems he lurks here (but won't join for fear of upsetting the powers that be?)
Old 04-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #270
Rivet Master

I found this statement the worst:

"Yet, the WBCCI is steadily declining in vitality and members. In 2001, the WBCCI treasury had about $3 million, but today it stands at about $1 million. Membership was around 9,000 but today it has shrunk to about 6,000. If the trend continues, the WBCCI will expire or fragment into small independent clubs sometime in the next decade."

I know over the past two years we have lost a couple hundred "K" between the International Rally and over spending.

But what the heck happened to the other 1.8 MILLION DOLLARS??:angry :

Old 04-30-2010, 03:40 PM   #271
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post

Didn't you recieve the BB on the GOOD paper?

photography
Old 05-01-2010, 12:43 AM   #272
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post

Okay, Paul, I think I made an opps on the money statement, and I apologize. My bad, I should have known better than to bring up money. The angry faces should be over the loss of 3,000 members, and no one will likely contest that number. But MONEY, that gets people's blood boiling. When I wrote that it was a side thought, a figure that was just stuck in my head from somewhere - I don't remember where or who - and didn't seem to me to be all that important other than to point out that it is all going downhill.

The Blue Beret's financial statements aren't going to help me out either. The year end statements in the Blue Berets from Sept 1999 and Sept 2009 are a little difficult to interpret because they don't compare line by line. For instance, the 1999 report lists the Life member fund ($265,319) both as an "Asset" and as "Equity," but in 2009 it is listed as a "Dedicated Fund" ($196,760). What's the bottom line then?

I'm not an accountant, but I believe the reports use the basic accounting equation: Net worth = Assets - Liabilities. In that light the WBCCI had a net worth (as a business) of $1,068,897 in 1999 and $796,703 in 2009, only a loss of $272,194!

So again, I take ownership of the error and apologize, but I don't think we need to fixate on it - at least I hope not.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 AM   #273
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Metro NY has Voted to be Plaintiff

A Unit meeting was held a short while ago, two votes were taken.

1. Metro New York will be the principle plaintiff in the lawsuit.

This was decided as a last ditch effort to save the WBCCI from it's own self destruction.

2. Metro NY voted to contribute $2,000 from its treasury to commence the lawsuit ASAP.

This amount plus the current pledges allows us to begin the suit.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #274
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
One another thread— http://www.airforums.com/forums/f286...ose-59748.html —it came to light that the WBCCI may be a Christian organization (see post 86 and on; the BB is now posted online). At least that's what the editor of the Blue Beret said in a response to a letter.

So it seems one of the reforms necessary (at least from some people's perspective) is to make sure it is a nonsectarian, nondenominational organization. Over the years there have been many advances made in not discriminating against people for their religious (or nonreligious) views, race, gender preference, etc., but some organizations cling to the past.

It's become obvious the WBCCI does live in the past so I expect tolerance and diversity are not high on its priorities. I hope that if the lawsuit results in real change, one of those would be the organization embracing diversity and tolerance for everyone.

Gene
Old 05-01-2010, 04:17 PM   #275
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Great news Leo! I e-mailed my local units of Metro Detroit and Nova to see if they could get their members to also support the action. Unit support in a bottoms up organization should have a weighty impact in WBCCI. We all hope change is coming soon. I don't know just how much of the Golden Rule we have seen demonstrated lately...amends in ethics need to be forthcoming. Walk the talk leadership. But then we have all long noted that the BB serves a purpose as a tool for the official and cleansed, and now, "blessed" spiel, and does not reflect actual experience.

photography
Old 05-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #276
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
For those of us that have not been following this issue/thread day by day, can someone post a cliff-notes, bulleted list type of summary of what's being asked for in the lawsuit and what the outcomes are expected to be? Now that the suit is going ahead and units are being asked for their support it seems that a greater awareness of the lawsuit specifics needs to be available. Yes, it probably exists somewhere within the 21 archive thread pages, but do us outsiders a favor and briefly summarize so we don't have to spend 3 hours scrolling through past posts.

Thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #277
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
defendwally.org

photography
Old 05-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #278
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Atobols

At this point in time I am going to haft to ask you to wait another week or so for a description of what the suit will seek. That list will have to be formulated by our lawyer and any premature description offered by a barracks lawyer would be foolish at best. As for the underling reason that have prompted this action they are many of those membership dissatisfaction's that have been discussed around the campfires and in unit meetings for several years. A summary of the key issues are listed on defendwally.org

If you have been concerned by the direction the Clubs Leadership has been following to improve their life style while ignoring the "mere members", a quote of the Leadership used to describe you and I, you will agree with this action as a last resort to save the Club.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #279
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
That covers the why the suit was created part.

What is still a huge question mark for me all along is what will happen if the plaintiff(s) win? A third party is appointed to go through the WBCCI bylaws and financials and rectify things? IBT is disbanded and a new body is organized? Etc. etc. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Old 05-02-2010, 08:16 AM   #280
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
fair enough

I'll be waiting to read about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
At this point in time I am going to haft to ask you to wait another week or so for a description of what the suit will seek. That list will have to be formulated by our lawyer and any premature description offered by a barracks lawyer would be foolish at best.
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com