Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 09:26 AM   #421
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Leo,

Interesting document. Where did this come from?

Maggie
Old 05-12-2010, 10:07 AM   #422
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
Leo,

Interesting document. Where did this come from?

Maggie

It came from Norm B....
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
Old 05-12-2010, 10:14 AM   #423
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Thumbs down

So Norm thinks people join the club for these two reasons?

"Philanthropic accomplishments and reputation

Courtesy parking and Airstream Parks"

I don't have interest
their "Philanthropic accomplishments" I joined to travel have fun

The parking is nice but not a reason to join.

"Others? List
" when our soon to leader has to ask ....where has he been?

This is not a good sign of the direction were headed in.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:46 AM   #424
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
But sometimes the mudslinging just gets to a guy. I should have just stayed out of it and let you guys ruin the club, but tonight I couldn't. I will try to keep my mouth shut in the future. Sorry for the interruption. Carry on without me.

Dear Joe,
I do not know who you are. I do not post here very much.
We have something very much in common. Not just our first name. Like you, I also love this club.
Recently at our last unit business meeting, it was I that made the motion that Metro NY support this lawsuit.
My motives were clear and simple. It was in my opinion my last ditch effort to try and save our club because we were leaving it.
We too were disgusted with the politics.
The last straw for me - was the incident where a Region First Lady Wylie poured a container of iced tea over Leo Garvey' head without consequence. It was then that I knew we were leaving.
My wife is our unit 1st VP. We have a great unit. We have 2 international officers, Ray Landman is the Legislative Commitee Chairman and Jim Zigrosser is President of the Amateur Radio Club. Our unit is one of the oldest in WBCCI.
I personally know and are friends of many of the WBCCI leadership. However I cannot support their actions or lack thereof. I believe that is why you may have had an interest in Save Wally.
After carefully considering all the options available I felt the time was ready to support the law suit.
Please continue to pay attention.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:50 AM   #425
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
It came from Norm B....
Funny. We don't realistically expect Norm B to be the voice of reason in the darkness at this point in time, do we? Isn't he part of the problem?

These are our biggest concerns at first blush, but it all seems rather short-sighted and simplistic:

1) Still saying that more members means more dues equals resolved financial issues

2) Why carefully avoid direct input from all members and each Unit individually?

3) Why a "member-only" area on WBCCI.org?

Doug and Maggie
Old 05-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #426
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
3) Why a "member-only" area on WBCCI.org?

Doug and Maggie
Since no one seams to know how to get to the Members Only Area that is where they bury threads they don't want people to see. Censorship by another name.

My last post was sent to Members Only Area over there was sent there in less than an hour never to be seen again.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #427
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Create a WBCCI full-time staff position of Membership/Marketing Director. Status: Fred Richardson is Chairman of the Marketing Special Committee. It is funded with $5240.00 through July, 2010. Some new ads have been developed, a Twitter account is functioning, and a link between Airstream and WBCCI websites has been established.

So $5240 got us a few ads, twitter and links..........great value that should have been maybe $1000 but hey it ain't Freds money its ours. Another bad deal, moreover, they will ask for another $15,000 in June I heard. That will pay for what facebook?

Enter into an alliance with Airstream Life and Publisher Rich Luhr to edit and publish the Blue Beret magazine. Status: Proposals were exchanged and negotiations have been terminated.

Yep the leadership needs to ask Donald Trump how to negotiate, they suck at it.

Make major revisions in the WBCCI Web Site, beginning with the creation of a Member Only area on the site. Status: Charlie Burke is Chairman of the Electronic Communications Special Committee. The WBCCI Community Forum has grown to over 1100 registered users. An advanced photo gallery was recently introduced. The main page of the forum was revised.

The photo gallery feature Gibsons Corvettes and used Airstreams for sale.

1100 people are not really users, its more like a dozen. The other 1088 were blocked or moderated so much by Twink and others, they will never to return.

Norm maybe more out of touch here than Collier, we're in for rough year.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 AM   #428
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Since no one seams to know how to get to the Members Only Area that is where they bury threads they don't want people to see. Censorship by another name.

My last post was sent to Members Only Area over there was sent there in less than an hour never to be seen again.
I don't know what your problem is, when I contributed to the WBCCI forum, I had no problem accessing the members only section.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
Old 05-12-2010, 11:41 AM   #429
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Bill can you tell us how many different users posted in the members area in the 30 days?

Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #430
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Bill can you tell us how many different users posted in the members area in the 30 days?
Since I have not logged on since February, I cannot.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 PM   #431
Rivet Master

Hmmm, out of touch for sure. Class A Thor motorhomes in the WBCCI, and the Airstream Club name change all in one breath. Did someone just turn the clocks back to 2006-07 and I mssed something here? That's scary! Mr Beu must be stuck in a Time Warp! And wants a Sweetheart deal on a new Class A from Thor. Wanna bet?
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 05-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #432
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
According to the 2VP,
Quote:
Feedback is fine, but how does leadership determine the degree of Unit support for the issues raised?
There have been several great letters from the Ontario unit, signed by all of the officers. What better indication of the concerns of a unit. So far as I know, all were pretty much ignored by the IBT.

In my unit, at least 1/3 of the members have voiced reservations concerning the direction this club is taking.
WBCCI #9632
Old 05-12-2010, 12:51 PM   #433
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:

The other 1088 were blocked or moderated so much by Twink and others, they will never to return.

Again Bob, your need for sensationalism has hit more untrue positions that you decide are fact. Love to know how you come up with 1088 folks being moderated. You single me out but if you had been paying attention, I have taken very few actions at all. If you want to single someone out, get your facts straight. If this is the romper room kind of things your pumping your lawyers full of, this case should be a fairly easy slam dunk to the circular file.

More sensationalism: Howie saying he doesn't know where his post is. Read several posts back and you'll see Howie was given all the info he needed, then complained when he got help. This going in your suit too? Have at it!
Old 05-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #434
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
According to the 2VP,

There have been several great letters from the Ontario unit, signed by all of the officers. What better indication of the concerns of a unit. So far as I know, all were pretty much ignored by the IBT.

In my unit, at least 1/3 of the members have voiced reservations concerning the direction this club is taking.
With that in mind would your unit care to discuss joining with Metro NY in support.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:17 PM   #435
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Since I have not logged on since February, I cannot.

Bill
Bill

From your post count here and statement you have not been there since Feb you have told us where you stand.

Old 05-12-2010, 01:26 PM   #436
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
Bill

From your post count here and statement you have not been there since Feb you have told us where you stand.
No, I have not. Do not read anything into that statement, I was answering a question about participation. I left the WBCCI forum because of the lack of participation by the leadership and for no other reason. I do, however, agree that the WBCCI forum is overmoderated, but then, it is a private forum and as a private forum it can make any rules which it wishes. If one does not agree with the rules then the alternative it to leave.

Bill
Just my personal opinion

Old 05-12-2010, 02:15 PM   #437
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Bill someone was kind enough to check.

Without the admin activity there was an average of 3 posts a day.

Not what I would classify as a successful forum comprising 6,000+ members.

If they cool it on moderating and registering;
take down all used car & Airstream ads by Gibson and other ads it would attract more participation.

----
Bill the moderation is heavy on anything less than perfect in content according to the forum owner Gibson and his henchman.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #438
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Bill someone was kind enough to check.

Without the admin activity there was an average of 3 posts a day.

How many of the 3 posts per day were leadership posts? I can see why Bill is barely interested. They rebuilt the forum with major changes to intice leadership communications, even banned and scripted out select members of critical opinion and STILL leadership does not frequent, mentor or field the board as they should. I no longer check in regularly either. Most of the posts are from the several administrators and of the calibre of muzak on an elevator. Differences of opinion are discouraged and also moved from the home page to maintain the pleasantville experience for visitors. In my opinion that is a bigger detriment than controversy. In today's media controversy is the norm and organizations that control exposure and releases are waning in popularity. The censors are their own worst enemies. Overprocessed and refined end products hold little substance for the eager reader.

photography
Old 05-12-2010, 09:15 PM   #439
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
Last I looked this thread was about the WBCCI Board Lawsuit. Please keep the thread on topic.

1973 F-250 4X4 390
1965 Chevy Suburban 454
AIR 6030
WBCCI 4258
TCT

Old 05-12-2010, 09:34 PM   #440
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
I think the following excerpt from the above quote—"We need to evolve from a retired persons’ club to a family oriented club."—is curious. It seems a lot of retired people have left that club or never joined.

Gene
Closed Thread

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com