Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-01-2005, 09:49 AM   #1
Rick & Lynn Rorie

2019 25' International
Mint Hill , North Carolina
WBCC Logo Decal for Window

I used to have a round decal on the rear window of my truck that was a representation of the WBCCI logo, with Wally's picture, the lettering, etc. I bought it from a seller on ebay, and it was made of a material that was a frosted translucent type, so the effect was of etched glass. Unfortunately, my rear window had to be replaced, so that I no longer have it.

Does anyone know where I can get a similar decal? It doesn't have to be translucent, a color (red, maybe) would be OK.
WBCCI 7231
rickdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:58 AM   #2
Troubs Roady Emeritas

1979 31' Excella 500
1974 27' Overlander
1974 27' Overlander
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via MSN to airstream6666 Send a message via Yahoo to airstream6666
Hiya Rick,

Give WBCCI a call at 937-596-5211 for current availability, or try among the various WBCCI units and members for items they still have for sale that are no longer available.

Seeya,

— Johnny
airstream6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 01:14 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickdesign
I used to have a round decal on the rear window of my truck that was a representation of the WBCCI logo, with Wally's picture, the lettering, etc. I bought it from a seller on ebay, and it was made of a material that was a frosted translucent type, so the effect was of etched glass. Unfortunately, my rear window had to be replaced, so that I no longer have it.

Does anyone know where I can get a similar decal? It doesn't have to be translucent, a color (red, maybe) would be OK.
Rick,
I think that is still the current sticker....they come with membership in the WBCCI...

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
Troubs Roady Emeritas

1979 31' Excella 500
1974 27' Overlander
1974 27' Overlander
Livingston , Texas
Send a message via MSN to airstream6666 Send a message via Yahoo to airstream6666
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
Rick,
I think that is still the current sticker....they come with membership in the WBCCI...

Aaron
Oops, sorry Aaron. I assumed it was something special. Hmm... there may be some fair number of forum posters who are not WBCCI members and who give their "WBCCI number" because it's on their trailer.

Strange, I never really thought of that.

Sorry, Rick, was doing a brain thingy. I wish I could help. Never, ever thought of the WBCCI sticker was cool, and gave away pins, embroidered patches, and stickers a last year to a new member who did like them. I do like some of the rallys, though. And I am, once more, a WBCCI member (three times, over the years).

And I do like my WBCCI number.

Seeya,

Johnny
airstream6666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:13 PM   #5
Rick & Lynn Rorie

2019 25' International
----------------
"Sorry, Rick, was doing a brain thingy. I wish I could help. Never, ever thought of the WBCCI sticker was cool, and gave away pins, embroidered patches, and stickers a last year to a new member who did like them. I do like some of the rallys, though. And I am, once more, a WBCCI member (three times, over the years). "
----------------

I'm not talking about the round WBCCI sticker that goes with the numbers. If you read my description of the decal you would see that I'm talking about something totally different. This decal was about 8 inches in dia. and was made of translucent material.

Please, no more replies to tell me that the sticker I want is available from WBCCi.
WBCCI 7231
Old 07-02-2005, 07:04 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Why not go through your Ebay history and contact your seller?

I think the confusion is because of its similarity to the WBCCI sticker. From your description, it appears to be the same as the WBCCI sticker, except that it's printed on translucent material. Another option might be to buy a regular WBCCI sticker, take it down to Kinkos and color copy it onto a sheet of translucent sticker. Cut it out and voila! You have a new sticker!

Mary
Old 07-02-2005, 02:00 PM   #7
Rick & Lynn Rorie

2019 25' International
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireflyinva
Why not go through your Ebay history and contact your seller?

I think the confusion is because of its similarity to the WBCCI sticker. From your description, it appears to be the same as the WBCCI sticker, except that it's printed on translucent material. Another option might be to buy a regular WBCCI sticker, take it down to Kinkos and color copy it onto a sheet of translucent sticker. Cut it out and voila! You have a new sticker!

Mary

It was a couple of years ago, I don't know if I could find the seller.

Also, the decal was much bigger than the WBCCI sticker.
WBCCI 7231
Old 07-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1961 22' Safari
Vienna , Virginia
Rick--

Probably if you hit somewhere around 50% enlargement on the copier, you'll hit paydirt! I've copied lots of decals that way--there's also a water decal sheet you can use, but I find the regular stickers work best.

Mary