Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
Question Waiting for WBCCI Numbers

How long does it take to get WBCCI numbers? I called to reserve numbers, filled out the form and sent money a little over two weeks ago and haven't heard a thing. Am I just being impatient?
read about our adventures in renovation
janiemerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
waiting for numbers

Greetings Janie!

When I joined the WBCCI in 1995, it took a little more than three weeks to get my membership packet. The personnel at headquarters are very friendy so don't hesitate to call if you are worried about your application.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Well, let's see, I became a member in November of 2005 and have yet to get my numbers...I decided not to renew, btw, but not for that reason, so it's a moot point anyway.

And, yes, I did call numerous times and, at one point, even asked them if changing our number to something else would help expedite the process.

You'd get quicker results buying a Cricut and making the numbers yourself.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:12 PM   #4
Iwannagocamping

1979 31' Sovereign
Rineyville , Kentucky
I guess it didn't occure to me that they sent out numbers.. I just figured we procured them locally... I guess I will watch for them.. it's been a couple weeks since we sent our $...

Just the photos.. (sometimes you don't need the blog, just a picture worth a thousand words..)

1979 Sovereign International
2004 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer
2 Golden Retrievers

Air #36788
TAC#3179
WBCCI #1265
Dakota's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
waiting for numbers

I was told, and bear in mind that this was in 1995, that the goal was to have the membership numbers and membership packet to new members in 30-days or less. The membership packet includes membership numbers, current directory, as well as other pertinent membership information.

Kevin

P.S.: If the people at headquarters aren't responding to you, try working through the membership chairman in your local unit.
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
I did receive the '05 and '06 membership directory, and I even received one issue of the VAC newsletter, as well as the round VAC sticker that now resides on the side of my Craftsman rollaway toolbox.

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1980 31' Excella II
Hartsville , South Carolina
We applied at the beginning of June. We never heard anything at all back. I quess they really don't need new members. I was hoping to get involved with a local chapter. It is difficult to travel far with my work schedule.
scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:07 AM   #8
Iwannagocamping

1979 31' Sovereign
Rineyville , Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow View Post
We applied at the beginning of June. We never heard anything at all back. I quess they really don't need new members. I was hoping to get involved with a local chapter. It is difficult to travel far with my work schedule.
Having just done it, did you apply as a "member at large"? where did you send the check?

I ask because we were directed to send our dues directly to the state unit, and they then forward it on to WBCCI headquarters. Once we made contact with the Kentucky unit, it has been smooth sailing, and lots of contact, by phone and email. If you are interested in your local unit, it looks like you have a couple options based on which group fits your needs. SC unit , SC unit coastal.

Just the photos.. (sometimes you don't need the blog, just a picture worth a thousand words..)

2 Golden Retrievers

Air #36788
TAC#3179
WBCCI #1265
Old 09-01-2009, 07:50 AM   #9
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
They Got your dues money is all they care about and you can whistle for any kind of quick service. They really don't want new members ,the people in the home office could care less. In the 3 yrs we have owned an Airsteam and known about WBCCI,we have only had one member (800 miles away) reach out and invite us to join.
Its a shame that the nice people at the local level ,who really are the ones that work very hard to make the organization go, are the ones that suffer.
For me I'll just keep my dues money for something else.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:20 PM   #10
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
The folks in the office in Jackson Center are some of the hardest working people in the club. Every email I have sent to the staff has been responded to in a timely manner. You can find the email addresses of the HQ staff here: WBCCI.org

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by azflycaster View Post
The folks in the office in Jackson Center are some of the hardest working people in the club. Every email I have sent to the staff has been responded to in a timely manner. You can find the email addresses of the HQ staff here: WBCCI.org
I'm not a member but have contacted them regarding membership/numbers on more than one occassion. My experience has been as Richard mentions - never waited more than a day or two for a reply.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 06:41 AM   #12
2 Rivet Member

1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 Argosy 28
1978 Argosy 24
Travelers Rest , South Carolina
Smile new member

We are also new members and are from Travelers Rest, SC. We decided to join Top of Georgia. They processed and sent us our membership card right away. When I called WBCCI to inquire about our application, I found out that the lady that does the membership has been out of town. This is also the time of the year when everyone sends in their money for next year so that the directory can be published. So I am sure it will take longer than normal. I was told that as long as I have the pocket card I can use the Airstream parks and attend the rallies. We are excited about attending our first rally on Sept 11-13 in TN, Linda and Richard
stillcove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 08:23 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Trenton , Illinois
I mailed my application packet directly to the unit and got my welcome packet and numbers in about 2 weeks. I just put them on yesterday.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4764.jpeg
Views:	131
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	86502  
Old 09-02-2009, 10:42 AM   #14
Iwannagocamping

1979 31' Sovereign
Rineyville , Kentucky
OK, update on our part anyways, may help you to know when to expect them. We mailed our check and application to the Kentucky unit on the 4th of Aug. Got a unit welcome packet which included a copy of Blue Beret, unit membership list, and temporary membership card on the 9th, last week we recieved a packet from the unit with some more info, and "optional badges to wear so people will know who we are". In the mail today was a packet from the national club, with a copy of the Blue Beret, a copy of the national membership list, some "welcome, how you doin?" stuff and our numbers and WBBCI stickers.

I guess we are "official" after all, we got badges!

now, if we just had heat, working stove, brakes, and water.. we would be all set. (jury is still out on holding tank condition..lol)

2 Golden Retrievers

Air #36788
TAC#3179
WBCCI #1265
Old 09-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota's Dad View Post
OK, update on our part anyways, may help you to know when to expect them. We mailed our check and application to the Kentucky unit on the 4th of Aug. Got a unit welcome packet which included a copy of Blue Beret, unit membership list, and temporary membership card on the 9th, last week we recieved a packet from the unit with some more info, and "optional badges to wear so people will know who we are". In the mail today was a packet from the national club, with a copy of the Blue Beret, a copy of the national membership list, some "welcome, how you doin?" stuff and our numbers and WBBCI stickers.
(boldface added for current post)

Dakota,

So it's looking like about a month from your membership application to the unit to getting your numbers from HQ. That sounds like about par for the course.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1986 27' Sovereign
Dallas , Texas
follow-up

FYI, I called WBCCI this morning. Seems the local group has not sent my info along, but they did confirm the numbers are reserved. There is a local meeting in a couple of weeks, so perhaps they are waiting to meet us before sending along the paperwork.

I'm ok with any sort of welcoming packet coming along in due time. I just needed to know our numbers were in fact correct. I am registering a new domain name and setting up a blog for our AS adventures. Look for a new link in my signature soon.
read about our adventures in renovation
janiemerle is offline   Reply With Quote