Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2006, 08:32 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
Spokane, Washington WBCCI?

First off, let me say that I stopped into the Spokane Airstream Dealer, and was greeted by the nicest of Airstreamers. I had mentioned nothing more than my recent move to the Northwest, and the Sales Rep (sorry, I didn't get your name) said "oh yes, you're Tin Can .... " I was so excited! I have been on line so little since I moved up here, and people I have never met, knew of me. I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!! It's the best way to meet people!

I inquired about a Spokane WBCCI, which used to exist but no longer does. So, what are the chances that we could get another one rolling? I didn't get very involved in St.Louis' WBCCI, because I was always pre-occupied, but I'm Full Timing in my 68 and I feel closer than ever to the Airstream Lifestyle.

So, anyone in the area that might be interested, please chime in, or anyone that has started their own branch, I'd love to know the difficulty of a new group.

Thanks so much, hope everyone is well.

Ron Ulrich
Old 01-09-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
Eastern Washington Unit

I guess the Eastern WA unit disbanded at the end of this last year. From the two guys I talked to, it sounded as if the group died off. Very sad stuff.

We are sort of in the middle of the state so we aren't close to the Oregon Units, the WA unit only does events at Landyacht Harbor in Lacey, and the unit we belong to sticks to the west side of the North Cascades. In the last year we have made it to only one of their events.

However the forum members from this regional area seem to be a great bunch, some WBCCI members, some not. We have gone on 2 outings with them, and the group is great. Great cooking, great music, great fun.

Kathleen
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:31 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
Spokane wbcci

hi Tin Can, welcome to the great northwest. know there are several Washington state groups, and the official campground in Lacy Washington. had no idea there was no Spokane unit. am in Montana and the unit president there is in Bozeman,, 5 hours from me. makes it difficult to attend rallies unless they come out my way. good luck, maybe you could post to former Spokane unit members,,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:34 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Start out by trying to stir up enough folks here on the forum to have some forum rallys. Then if you can get enough interest, look into starting a WBCCI unit. It's sad to see an old unit die off, but it would be awesome to see folks get together and start a new one up. Kind of like them folks down in Texas did just recently.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:34 PM   #5
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
The unit was called the Inland WA unit and they disbanded 2 years ago. I think that we were the last folks to join... The members were tranferred to the Lacey WA unit.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:31 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1968 26' Overlander
Wenatchee WA , Cape Cod
BTW Still doing research on a place near here to do a rally: Leavenworth or on the Columbia. The hard part right now is figuring out when campgrounds open back up in the Spring. I will continue to work on it.
1968 Overlander - WBCCI #5793
Uberlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:07 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hello again, TCL! I had missed your relocation to the NW~still remember our camping at the Moraine View Forum Rally a couple of years ago AND still have our delightful flamingo wind spinner. I'll never forget your pickup bed filled to overflowing with "goodies!" Best wishes in your new adventures. Try to get involved in some of the forum rallies in that area. They tempt us and you know how far Missouri is from the West Coast! Glad to hear from you on the forum again ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:28 AM   #8

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Count us in for a forum rally up there (as long as we're not stuck down here doing a play)! I've always wanted to head up to the north-east end of the state, but never made it past Moses Lake.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #9
2 Rivet Member
Airstream Dealer

2001 25' Excella
Spokane Valley , Washington
Great to meet you too!

Hi Ron,

We enjoyed your visit immensely! Hope everything turns out well with your tow vehicle. Stop back any time.

Karyn
WBCCI #1335
Karyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
I know this thread is kinda old, but wondering what if any interest or group of people in Eastern Washington would be up for getting something going again. We've been looking into WBCCI but the downside we see is much of the action is going on over on the west side.
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1968 22' Safari
1976 27' Overlander
Newport , Washington
we're a mess, but....

hey there, i don't have a computer readily available, but thrilled to get this message, my joey, (the 68 safari) was struck by a tree over a year ago, small dents and holes, but it's a mess. and leaks terribly, along with other issues. my tow vehicle kicked the bucket too... but i'm hoping to get this all together, and i may know a few airstream lovers up here that would love to tow us, and get a lil get together....there are so many possibilities....
Old 01-29-2008, 09:16 PM   #12
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
walla walla , Washington
We are in Walla Walla, WA - about 3 hours south of Spokane - its a small place with a funny name, but a fun and great place. We have not joined a unit due to the nearest one being in Western Wa. It just didn't appeal to me. We would join up with a crew in Spokane if there was one. We are planning on doing the rally to Leavenworth and going (for the third time) to Burning Man which I totally recommend There is a rally listed here for that event as well. The Burnstream Court people are great, but not a theme camp this year.

In mid-may we are going to roll to the Mex to hang on the beach, and will also be coming back through the Burning Man playa - a great place during the event, and when there is no one there. It will be a quick trip with a stop at the GC to hike to the bottom. You are all welcome to join in.
Craig
64 bambi II
ChopperPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:27 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
2020 27' Globetrotter
State of , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
We're in Yakima, the place where they make only two famous things, Yakima rack systems and Manhassett music stands... We'd be interested in being part of a new unit over on this side of the state. I know there are forums members in Prosser and the Tri-Cities, maybe they'd get on board too. We won't be ready for Mid-May but hope to be up and running late June.
goransons is offline   Reply With Quote