Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2010, 07:36 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Richard Heyde for Nominating Committee????

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

Yesterday I received my April issue of the Blue Beret and as usual this issue announces the next slate of officers offered up by the WBCCI. As I was flipping through the nominees (thinking "thank god Don Clark knows how to smile") there on page 10 was Richard Heyde's resume, I was "appalled"!

Let me reminded the group of who this man is: This is the officer who at the IBT meeting in Perry, GA publicly chastised the VAC 1st VP for the content of the VAC annual report. This man either did not read this report or did not comprehend that report or chose to misunderstand that report but blasted the VAC VP with misinformation. This very unprofessional approach was seen by the group and Mr. Heyde was directed to apologize for his outburst.

So here is is 3 short years later and I am "appalled" that the WBCCI has forgotten this man's actions. I am "appalled that the IBT/EC7 thinks that this is the man we should allow to choose our next set of leaders. I am "appalled that they are rewarding him for his actions with their support of his nomination.

I am asking all of you out there to help me make sure he does not get elected by carrying this message to your Units when it is time to vote. I will be developing an article to be placed in our Unit's newsletter on this topic and will also ask out Unit/Region webmaster to place it on our website.

I you want to write in a candidate feel free to add my name, I would be glad to replace him!

VOTE "NO" Richard Heyde for Nominating Committee!

Ed Emerick
WBCCI # 4425
Past WI Unit President
Past VAC President
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Good Luck

Ed,

I had the same reaction as you because I was there in Perry, GA when that all went down. After he gave Shari the old “one-two” they ended that session of the meeting as Shari left in tears. Leo G and I were standing next to old Jim Franklin and of course he had one of his usual great comments as well on the subject. Good luck getting this one stopped. No offense, Leo G has a better chance of becoming the WBCCI IBT President than you do of getting this one stopped. They will only allow those who they want to be leaders, become leaders.

And people really think there will be changes in the WBCCI,

In the words of “Dr. Evil”,

“R-I-I-GHT”
Old 03-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick View Post
I was flipping through the nominees...there...was Richard Heyde's resume, I was "appalled"!
Ed,

You are surprised? Mr. Heyde's nomination to this committee is the perfect way for the IBT/EC7 to give us "Local Unit" members a big 'ole slap down.

I was clear based on the actions at the Mid-Winter meetings, that the IBT/EC7 has no intention to do anything but put the membership in it's place. All motions of any value where either criticized on some technicality in the composition or referred out to committee for further study... all topped off with the smoke screen of reimbursement "cuts" that in reality amounted to an increase.

I did not expect anything but the nomination of a bully like Mr. Heyde.
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
While looking at the Nominating committee candidates, Wasn't it Doug Wylie's wife that was responsible for Leo's "tea bath" at Madison.?? My apologies if my memory is incorrect.. Perhaps if you or your spouse attack some one at a meeting it increases the odds on being a candidate for office
As usual , there are resumes, but NO ONE has much to say about what they are going to do to help the club.

On the other hand, my unit tried mail voting for the first time this year and the response was so bad one can only assume that very few even care who their officers are.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 11:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by byamcaravanner View Post
Ed,

You are surprised? Mr. Heyde's nomination to this committee is the perfect way for the IBT/EC7 to give us "Local Unit" members a big 'ole slap down.

I did not expect anything but the nomination of a bully like Mr. Heyde.
Well said.............
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 03-28-2010, 11:25 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
For members who weren't around when all this went down, this is a good place to provide such information.

Thanks & please keep us all posted.

Doug & Maggie
Old 03-28-2010, 07:49 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Ed,

Since the IBT/EC7 wants $300.00 or more for “non-blessed” candidates to run an ad in the Blue Beret, I’ll be the first to through in $50.00 towards the cause if you want.

Something else you should think about. I think this would make a great story for the next VAC Vintage Advantage (needs to get out fast). You know, Past VAC President runs for Nominating Committee! It could make a GREAT story, especially if there was some history about the way the VAC was treated in Perry, GA and how the leadership of the VAC is trying to help “right the course” of the WBCCI.

There were many members of the WDCU there the day he went off on Shari. I’m sure if you ask, you would get their support (over a 100 votes)

Good Luck,
Old 03-29-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
In the April Blue Beret the IP states, "In this issue, you will find the resumes of the qualified candidates who were selected by the Nominating Committee for International officers. Read each one carefully and be ready to vote in your unit for the person who will be the best to help lead WBCCI in the coming years."

However there is only one person for each office listed. So I suppose members are to assume that the single candidate has been declared the best and members ought to be ready to vote for him or her?

Criteria for selecting candidates one from another are their list of jobs, education, rallies attended and their family members. One candidate has offered a goal. I believe that was R.H. I thought offering a goal or position was recently disallowed by the IP in a past BB or President's Newsletter.

I remember that Shari Davis was berated for things that were posted on the forums by other members. It was nasty and went on and on. There ought to be the simulcast archive out there somewhere. Let's see who this candidate truly is.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1998 28' Excella
Dolores , Colorado
I have to agree with Rick; in the balloting process Ihave been in over the past several years you are lucky if you get 10% participation from all of your members. When comparing this to the grand scheme in the world today this has very little importance to thinks or wants.

Only the individuals who want to have a true "Camping Club" as Wally intended it to be are the ones that care.

Even the raise in membership dues that was recently passed by shows that IBT could care less what the membership desire.

Bob
FCU/CAC
WBCCI # 10105
TAC To be determined

"Life is an adventure, live it to it's fullest"
dogpound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Is Doug Wylie running on the Tea Party ticket?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:53 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
In the April Blue Beret the IP states, "In this issue, you will find the resumes of the qualified candidates who were selected by the Nominating Committee for International officers. Read each one carefully and be ready to vote in your unit for the person who will be the best to help lead WBCCI in the coming years."

However there is only one person for each office listed. So I suppose members are to assume that the single candidate has been declared the best and members ought to be ready to vote for him or her?

Since there is only 1 candidate for each position there is no need for a vote as the only votes that count are the 3 from the Nominating Committee. I would suggest that all units should abstain when asked for their votes, just to show how much of a farce this has become.
1950 Spartan
Shacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #12
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Quote:

Let me reminded the group of who this man is: This is the officer who at the IBT meeting in Perry, GA publicly chastised the VAC 1st VP for the content of the VAC annual report. This man either did not read this report or did not comprehend that report or chose to misunderstand that report but blasted the VAC VP with misinformation. This very unprofessional approach was seen by the group and Mr. Heyde was directed to apologize for his outburst.

<snip>

VOTE "NO" Richard Heyde for Nominating Committee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
]I had the same reaction as you because I was there in Perry, GA when that all went down. After he gave Shari the old “one-two” they ended that session of the meeting as Shari left in tears. Leo G and I were standing next to old Jim Franklin and of course he had one of his usual great comments as well on the subject. Good luck getting this one stopped.
Quote:
I remember that Shari Davis was berated for things that were posted on the forums by other members. It was nasty and went on and on. There ought to be the simulcast archive out there somewhere. Let's see who this candidate truly is.
Needless to say, you can only guess how I feel about this!

I am generally a strong person - but to be blindsided and berated for things I had nothing to do with in front of 400-500 people in a public forum was something...

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:55 AM   #13
AIR #8691

2006 25' Safari SS SE
Northern , Virginia
Is this the way it works?:
In theory, members select the candidates for International offices. In practice, candidates are selected by the IP/EC7. Votes take place after announcements in the BB. Though members had the right to abstain or vote for the candidate, all candidates usually received about 99 percent of support vote.

Briefly researching other election and voting models, I came across this historical example.
Seems to have ensured stability and worked well for decades.

In theory, citizens selected the candidates for election to local soviets. In practice, the candidates had been selected by the local Communist party and trade union officials under the direction of the district party organization. Vote took place after six weeks of campaigning. Though voters formally had the right to vote for or against the unopposed candidate, all candidates usually received about 99 percent of support vote.
JStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:02 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Dr. Heckle and Mr. Hyde

Who really is this Dr. Heckle turned Mr. Hyde that is running to select the future officers of WBCCI?

Well I went back and took a good listen to the June 26, 2007 WBCCI IBT Executive and Board Meeting when the VAC report was being given.

One thing is for certain and that is by Mr. Hyde's own comments he described himself as a very disturbed individual. He is disturbed at the underling atmosphere of negatism and has traced back a number of forum comments from some members of the organization. He insists something should be done about the attitudes that members are not being treated properly and reminds Shari, the then VP of the VAC that she is asking for an approval from them for a logo and needs to fix the situation that there are those thinking that they are bigger than the WBCCI and can secede from the club as the Classic intraclub did.

This is certainly an example of applied pressure and a conditional exhortation to receive approval for the VAC motion to pass. How well do you trust this kind of person to make your club leadership selections for you?

5 minutes of enlightening listening, your leadership in action...click on the link...Smack Down!

YouSendIt: Online File Sharing and collaboration with FTP Replacement - Send Large Files and Email Attachments with Managed File Transfer Solution

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:45 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
Well I went back and took a good listen to the June 26, 2007 WBCCI IBT Executive and Board Meeting when the VAC report was being given.
Carol,

Thanks for linking that clip... I listened to it many times when it was first broadcast and thanks to your post, I've listened to it again.

In the context of the current IBT/EC7 mess, the fact that the nominating committee would consider Mr. Heyde to be qualified for this position shows their disdain for the general membership. This man is the personification of the failings of the current club. With a membership of 6000... this is the best they can do? Mr Heyde has disqualified himself for leadership of this club by his own actions toward the general membership. To ignore this fact is nothing less than approval of his earlier actions.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:22 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
I listen to this and all I hear is Stuffed Shirt... All I hear is that WBCCI leadership wants to be revered and viewed as the almighty.
When that is actually earned, it will be given. It has not been earned yet.
Ed, you have my vote!
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Buttercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:21 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Question

OK so if I post my resume and pay the $300 bucks (thanks for the offers to help pay but I got it covered) do I have to be in Gillette to make this work? I am booked over the IBT rally this year.
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign
Old 03-30-2010, 06:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Quote:
OK so if I post my resume and pay the $300 bucks... do I have to be in Gillette to make this work?
Ed... if you managed to win a spot without even being there you'd have the IBT folks spitting blood. Feel free to give it a shot.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:32 PM   #19
Rivet Master

I would try

Ed,

I don’t think you have a chance of getting the votes “this year”. Trying is worth doing. But I would start getting the word out for “next year” the day after the so called elections.

Of the different people out there, you have one of the best chances of making it happen.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:41 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Wife said the same thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Ed,

I don’t think you have a chance of getting the votes “this year”. Trying is worth doing. But I would start getting the word out for “next year” the day after the so called elections.

Of the different people out there, you have one of the best chances of making it happen.

Ya know that is what Sandy said tonight. I would be more than willing to do that. Now how do we make that happen? AND who will join me?

What she really said was lets get a whole Board for 2011.............
59 Traveler
68 Sovereign