Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2010, 12:53 PM   #81
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
I have forwarded this on to our Region 5 VP and soon to be President, and am hoping we will be discussing it at the rally/business meeting in May. If they are on the Forums, I feel sure it is not openly, but have felt for months that they are very aware of what is stated here.

Maggie
Old 05-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #82
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Passed

I just returned from our May rally and I am pleased to say that the Texas Highland Lakes Unit passed the motion (barely) to change the way the nominating committee is chosen. The vote on the floor was a tie. I, as maker of the motion and President, was the tie breaker and the motion will go forward in Region 9.

Past IP, Jim Haddaway, spoke against the motion. However, we did make it through.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #83
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Good to hear.

Maggie
Old 05-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #84
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Way to go TEXAS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
I just returned from our May rally and I am pleased to say that the Texas Highland Lakes Unit passed the motion (barely) to change the way the nominating committee is chosen. The vote on the floor was a tie. I, as maker of the motion and President, was the tie breaker and the motion will go forward in Region 9.

Past IP, Jim Haddaway, spoke against the motion. However, we did make it through.
Wow! Congratulations. You can remind those that voted with you that it just may be our last chance to save our club. And, those that didn't to keep debating the issue but most of all keep an open mind. We are all still friends and camping buddies.
It is because of convictions and perseverance of people like you that we can do it. Change comes with difficulty.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:40 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I didn't know Jim was a member of the Texas Highland Lakes Unit. Very distinguished opposition!
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #86
Rivet Master

Denver Unit Business Meeting

This past weekend, we had our first rally of the year and our first unit business meeting.
General consensus, all Denco members present voiced much concern about the lack of control and representation us members have in the greater Club. Upon voting to let our delegate to Gillette vote by his conscience, a few members spoke up with a concern our delegate could be blacklisted by the EC-7 for how he votes.
All at our meeting, agreed that an alternative to Richard Heyde needed to be found for Nominating Committee Candidate.
And, we gave our Unit blessing for our delegate to cast all unit votes for a nomination from the floor for any office.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:15 PM   #87
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Voices Need to Be Heard

Our Unit held their business meeting too. We voted and may not be at the "popular kids" table either. Your Unit can come sit with us.

The club needs you to vote and to hear your opinions if changes are ever going to continue to happen.

There are 6300 members with 6300 different opinions and viewpoints. Not all can possibly be implemented, but they do need to be heard. (Actually, considering that my husband and I rarely have the same opinion, the club possibly has 12,000 different opinions).

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:31 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
This past weekend, we had our first rally of the year and our first unit business meeting.
General consensus, all Denco members present voiced much concern about the lack of control and representation us members have in the greater Club. Upon voting to let our delegate to Gillette vote by his conscience, a few members spoke up with a concern our delegate could be blacklisted by the EC-7 for how he votes.
All at our meeting, agreed that an alternative to Richard Heyde needed to be found for Nominating Committee Candidate.
And, we gave our Unit blessing for our delegate to cast all unit votes for a nomination from the floor for any office.
Adding to this, the Southern Illinois Unit also had a rally and business meeting this past weekend, which we attended.

Richard Heyde was a former Region 5 president, and not at all well thought of, to be my most very polite self. Although there were some who did not vote against him, the majority did vote against him, and our delegates were specifically directed to approve all members of the nominating committee except for Richard Heyde.

Delegates also have the discretion to approve anyone nominated from the floor for any office.

We also have deep concerns, and presented these at the meeting, over a lack of member voice in what is happening within the WBCCI. We specifically requested that more thorough and regular communication occur via email and that members be allowed to cast their Unit votes electronically or by snail mail if they are unable to be present when voting occurs at rallies.

Remote voting was not supported by all members present, but neither was it rejected outright. The "old" way is to do all voting, in present, at rallies, but it is simply unacceptable to us to have no information and no voice if we are unable to be present at the rallies where issues are discussed and votes are cast.

Overall, we felt our suggestions were accepted as food for thought and future action.

Maggie
Old 05-17-2010, 05:36 PM   #89
Rivet Master

doug and maggie, Thats great news about your Unit. I am glad our numbers are growing amongst the Units.
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 05-17-2010, 06:08 PM   #90
Rivet Master

Leo, This is great news. Do you both share the same last name? I know, I had to ask, you never know.
The IBT may have a revolt on their hands?
Old 05-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #91
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Leo,

There was mention of a directive from above to do electronic voting, also of constitution and bylaw changes. A copy of our Unit constitution is being mailed to us.

Maggie
Old 05-17-2010, 06:11 PM   #92
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Leo is so correct, unless there is more that one candidate for any office or more than two for nominating committee, the selected ones are voted in by acclimation, with no chance for even abstention. (I remember the confusion when Leo ran for nominating committee the first time and it took the international leadership over 30 minutes and an intermission to determine that the top two vote getters would be elected, now that is part of the established, written procedures. I guess that they never voted in an election where more than one person could win, such as an at large city council election with two or more seats up for election.) The only alternative is for the delegates to object verbally to the entire process in the open mic section of the meeting.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:14 PM   #93
Rivet Master

Thanks Leo, we will be waiting to introduce ourselves to your brother.,
Another note, candidate for International Treasurer is a member of our Denco Unit. His name is Bob Moss.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #94
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
I will make certain our Delegate is familiar with both names. It would be helpful to provide some information on these Nominees from the Floor. Our Unit instructed the Delegate to vote for the individual who was best qualified and willing to address the problems of the club.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #95
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
1959 22' Flying Cloud
Bowden , West Virginia
Texas Unit and Texas Hill Country Unit had a join rally this past weekend. Both Units are sending their delegates to International with no instructions on whom to vote for. The delegates will be free to vote for nominees from the floor or for the selected slate of officers.

ken
grannyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 09:51 AM   #96
Rivet Master

Thumbs down

Leo, Bill, So Roberts Rules applies, so be it. The IBT-EC-7 needs to heed what is being said, here, and around the country. Richard Heyde's nomination MUST be WITHDRAWN before Gillette, no matter if there is a precedent or not. Our Unit will not tolerate Richard Heyde as a Candidate for any office in the WBCCI. It could be that Richard Heyde maybe the single catalyst to splinter the WBCCI. IMHO Our Unit meeting was very passionate on this subject and the blacklistng/expulsion of other member.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #97
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
Leo, Bill, So Roberts Rules applies, so be it.
I'm confused.
One of the principle complaints in the pending lawsuit against the WBCCI is the failure to adhere to Roberts Rules in conducting a grievance procedure. Am I to believe selective application of procedures is acceptable or should we insist standards be uniformly applied?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 01:56 PM   #98
Rivet Master

Howie, you will have to ask Forrest about that. He is educated on Roberts Rules. Selectivity?
Old 05-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #99
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
The mic is only opened for discussions that are germane to the motions being discussed, and to the best of my knowledge, there isn't a single item of business coming before the delegates.
The unit caravan motion was passed at our Region 9 rally last month. Doesn't that now come up at the delegates meeting?
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:06 PM   #100
3 Rivet Member

1996 34' Limited
humboldt , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The unit caravan motion was passed at our Region 9 rally last month. Doesn't that now come up at the delegates meeting?
Yes, it is motion 5 on the agenda.
tintent is offline   Reply With Quote