Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2020, 06:34 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' International
Winder , Georgia
Requesting WBCCI #

Hello
Awaiting arrival of our new 25’ International in Nov. We plan on joining the Airstream club at that time. My wife’s grandparents had an Airstream and were WBCCI members and loved traveling the country with it. They have since passed and the Airstream is gone. We wanted to honor them by requesting their # for our new trailer. Does anyone know if that is possible, and what is the process for doing it? I do not know what their # was. Trying to find some old pics of the trailer but no luck so far. Can the membership folks at the club search by name?
Bcc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 07:57 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1958 26' Overlander
Battle Ground , Washington
I'd suggest you contact the historian by private message and give him their names, city, state and the years you think they were involved. He would also have a current directory and can tell you if the number is currently in use.

'66Overlander'

Our thread:
https://www.airforums.com/forums/f97...er-172124.html
57Vintage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
Master Chief BT

2018 27' International
Tyler , Texas
When I joined I was given a first, second and third choice of big red numbers. I believe if the number is available they will issue that number to you.....I think from 001-5000 I believe are reserved for officers....
WBCCI#11290
US Navy (ret) Master Chief Boiler Technician
BTCMUSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:14 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
I can't help with your question but posted as I would like to know how it works out. A noble and way cool request. I hope it works out.
So sorry I couldn't help beyond being an observer.
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:34 PM   #5
Silver Condo III

2015 30' International
Saskatoon , Saskatchewan
Yes you can!

I like you wanted to honour relatives. In my case my aunt and uncle who were long term airstreamers and members of the then WBCCI.

When I joined the club I included a note to HQ asking if their number was available. HQ has extensive records of issued numbers going back years. Fortunately it was and I was assigned it.

Just ask - you may be surprised.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:54 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
. , North Carolina
[QUOTE=BTCMUSN;2411391.I think from 001-5000 I believe are reserved for officers....[/QUOTE]
Two digit numbers are reserved for family members, three digit are for International officers.
Old 09-17-2020, 08:15 AM   #7
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Yes you can request a membership number when you fill out the membership application, the form allows for 3 choices, or let the office pick. You can chose from 1000 to 32000, 1-999 are used by the club for officers, etc.

As suggested email the club historian at history@wbcci.org and provide him with all the details, their name, years of membership, address. And he should be able to find their old number by looking it up in the old membership directories. just fyi there is no database of old number, it all has to be looked up on paper, so it does take some time.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 12:29 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
I am the WBCCI Historian and can look up your grandparents WBCCI number. I would need their names, the city (or at least state) they lived in, and a best guess of the years they were in the club to help narrow down how many paper Membership Directories I wold need to manually search.

And to correct some information provided by others in this thread, numbers 100 and below are not reserved for "family members", they are assigned at the discretion of Airstream Inc. for any purpose they see fit. Numbers from 101 thru 999 are reserved for club officers and other positions who have made significant service contributions to the club. Almost any number 1001 and above* that has been unused for at least 1 year is available to new members upon request, though the closer to 1001 the more likely it is already assigned as the low numbers tend to get reused quickly.

*A very few "Heritage Numbers" have been retired from reassignment for various reasons.

Once I identify your grandparent number, you can request it when you join the club, or you can ask for something similar like adding a preceding "1" if it is currently assigned to someone else. Only the staff at club HQ can confirm if it is available or not as it could have been assigned since the last Membership Directory was published.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:18 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' International
Winder , Georgia
Thank you Joe. I will PM you with the info
Old 09-18-2020, 09:26 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 27' Safari FB SE
NW Oregon in a nice spot , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
I am the WBCCI Historian and can look up your grandparents WBCCI number. I would need their names, the city (or at least state) they lived in, and a best guess of the years they were in the club to help narrow down how many paper Membership Directories I wold need to manually search.

And to correct some information provided by others in this thread, numbers 100 and below are not reserved for "family members", they are assigned at the discretion of Airstream Inc. for any purpose they see fit. Numbers from 101 thru 999 are reserved for club officers and other positions who have made significant service contributions to the club. Almost any number 1001 and above* that has been unused for at least 1 year is available to new members upon request, though the closer to 1001 the more likely it is already assigned as the low numbers tend to get reused quickly.

*A very few "Heritage Numbers" have been retired from reassignment for various reasons.

Once I identify your grandparent number, you can request it when you join the club, or you can ask for something similar like adding a preceding "1" if it is currently assigned to someone else. Only the staff at club HQ can confirm if it is available or not as it could have been assigned since the last Membership Directory was published.
Holy crap ....and you do this for free? Gotta love you spunk to keep doing it. An amazing person. I feel weak not being in a position to help support the knowledge train right now....
bweybright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 08:12 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by bweybright View Post
Holy crap ....and you do this for free? Gotta love you spunk to keep doing it. An amazing person. I feel weak not being in a position to help support the knowledge train right now....
I do this just to give back to the hobby and if someone I provide answers to gets a positive feeling about the club and joins, that is a bonus.

I do not promise timely answers. Answers do take considerable time to research and write up. I can often answer fairly quickly when I am home, but I do not travel with 65 years worth of Membership Directories, so sometimes I cannot provide answers for weeks or even months. But I do try to eventually answer all inquiries.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 09-19-2020, 09:37 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcc75 View Post
Thank you Joe. I will PM you with the info
Hi Bryan,
I just answered your PM by PM with your grandparents WBCCI # and the years they were club members.

BTW, their WBCCI # is unassigned in the 2020 Membership Directory that was published in January, so I'd suggest contacting WBCCI HQ as soon as possible to see if it is still available.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

Old 09-20-2020, 06:49 AM   #13
4 Rivet Member

2021 25' International
Winder , Georgia
Joe I responded and thanked you in the PM thread but wanted to do it publicly also. I would not have had this opportunity without your help. I will contact the club and see what they say. It warms my heart to know that I may have the opportunity to honor them and their hobby that they loved so much by displaying their # on our new AS. You are to be commended for your work. What an awesome way to give back.
Thanks again.