Old 09-10-2019, 08:13 AM   #101
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Dirtyairhead
When you reply to a post on a thread you are thereby subscribing so when you look at it the next time just click the unsubscribe without replying and it should work for you.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 08:15 AM   #102
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Nashville , Tennessee
CHANGE is EASY to accept!!!

Embrace CHANGE as it going to happen whether you like it or not and you might as well benefit from CHANGE rather than become a VICTIM of CHANGE with old attitudes and ideas!

Remember "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts"
vintageracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 12:03 PM   #103
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida 55 View Post
Correct. When you enter "Airstream Park" or the name of any Airstream park in the search engine of the new website, nothing related to an Airstream park appears. On the old website, the Airstream Parks Association had a section and a description of each Airstream park, with contact information and links to park websites. It appears the Airstream parks were omitted from the new, improved website. From my perspective, Airstream parks should be listed under "benefits". They are open for visitation by anyone who owns an Airstream, not just the owners.

I did report this to the webmaster, and they are aware and are in the process of adding this - it might be a bit, there are some technical issues that are being resolved. Thanks so much for pointing this out - very important, I think!
twestover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 06:10 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Melbourne Beach , Florida
I don't remember if this was discussed but I was just looking for detailed Caravan information. Used to be in the Blue Beret - not now. Went to the website and clicked on caravans - just some general stuff. Finally found something that said something like "for detailed information go to wbccicaravans.wbcci.net." Is it a link? nope, have to type it into the URL bar. Design not great, but OK - implementation fail. Someone needs to go through the whole site looking for stuff like this. It was too hard to find the details on the caravans.

Don't get me wrong, I love the concept of the new site and the club has to move forward but Caravans are one of the big things and we made it harder to get the info.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins

Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 10:11 AM   #105
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Role of religion in the WBCCI (ACI)

Some issues have come up about the role of religion in the WBCCI. As an informal survey, would you willing to share thoughts that you have regarding this topic? Thanks for your time.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:06 AM   #106
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:
Originally Posted by twestover View Post
Some issues have come up about the role of religion in the WBCCI. As an informal survey, would you willing to share thoughts that you have regarding this topic? Thanks for your time.

What issues have come up? Whatís the context behind the question?

In a general sense, Iím comfortable enough in my own beliefs to not need them affirmed or discounted by my camping club and Iím not a fan of religious beliefs becoming a formal part of groups like this. Nor have I experienced it at any rallies Iíve attended.

The problem is if you ask 10 people about faith, youíll get 20 opinions - and everyone will say their view is right. You know - like arguing about hitches or tire pressure in the Forums We have enough of that without throwing everyoneís favorite Deity in to the mix. At least with hitches and tires pressure there are scales and gauges to objectively measure stuff. When it comes to faith - not sure what tool one uses to measure that - and if a club or any other entity - even a house of worship - wants to sell a faith torque wrench - Iím just not buying, thank you very much

So again - what issues have come up??
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 05:56 PM   #107
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
What issues have come up? Whatís the context behind the question?

In a general sense, Iím comfortable enough in my own beliefs to not need them affirmed or discounted by my camping club and Iím not a fan of religious beliefs becoming a formal part of groups like this. Nor have I experienced it at any rallies Iíve attended.

The problem is if you ask 10 people about faith, youíll get 20 opinions - and everyone will say their view is right. You know - like arguing about hitches or tire pressure in the Forums We have enough of that without throwing everyoneís favorite Deity in to the mix. At least with hitches and tires pressure there are scales and gauges to objectively measure stuff. When it comes to faith - not sure what tool one uses to measure that - and if a club or any other entity - even a house of worship - wants to sell a faith torque wrench - Iím just not buying, thank you very much

So again - what issues have come up??

Generally, discussions of a religious invocation or prayer at meals at Airstream events. Just wondering what people think. That's all.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:18 PM   #108
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
As Steve said too many opinions to reach a conclusion.

We're good with prayer. We pray before every meal and trip anyway.

That being said if you are of different faith's or none are you offended by payer or just the one being offered currently.

You can no longer go with majority rules because someone always gets left out.

A previous poster asked why God has to be mentioned at all (no one replied to him) as it appeared to annoy him.

Another poster (said they are of Jewish faith) was at a rally and a basic prayer was offered and they were good with that. That same poster was at another rally and the prayer was more involved with more indepth religious verbiage and that didn't sit well with them due to words.

What's going to happen is all prayer will be left off so as to not offend. Maybe a moment of silence for self prayer or reflection will be put in it place instead.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 09:06 PM   #109
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Letís try it this way. Letís say we all worked at different high tech companies. If you work at Google and your camping crowd talks in Google language, uses Google materials, inserts Google in to breakfast, lunch, and dinner ceremonies, and conducts business meetings under the flag of Google, are you happy about that because youíre a Googler?

Or...

Are you uncomfortable because you have friends in the camping club who happen to work at Facebook, Amazon, and Oracle and theyíre being forced to participate in Googlization in order to be part of the camping club?

If youíre an Amazonian - how are you feeling about the Googlization of your camping club?

If youíre a Googler but Facebookism reigns in the club - how are you feeling then?

Now - if Google wants to start a camping club for Googlers with shiny trailers or perhaps a special unit of the mother club for that stated purpose - well praise the Lord and pass the propane. Knock yourself out. Otherwise, a club whose members are only required to be owners of a certain brand of trailer has nothing to do with religion. And no religion - no matter how lovely, no matter how popular, no matter how beneficent - no religion should be forced on the members. Trust me - those with faith - and maybe even atheists - are praying quietly before eating at your rallyís pot luck supper anyway
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:45 AM   #110
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittenstiehl View Post
. . .
. . . Maybe a moment of silence for self prayer or reflection will be put in it place instead.
Silence is golden at moments like this IMO.

It resonates equally with all religions, or with none at all.

Brevity stuns.

Less is more.

OTRA15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 08:59 AM   #111
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Oakville , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by journeydog View Post
My ex-perception of the numbers scheme was that the trailers were rentals.
Me too!
Ultraclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 08:00 PM   #112
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Things have quieted down at the club. Best not to bring religion into it. Will add that the
atheist-agnostic-secular group is one of the biggest groups and well over 20%. Things change.

If you want a fight, that would be a big one. Then you can make left handed people write right handed.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #113
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
Things have quieted down at the club. Best not to bring religion into it. Will add that the
atheist-agnostic-secular group is one of the biggest groups and well over 20%. Things change.

If you want a fight, that would be a big one. Then you can make left handed people write right handed.

I completely agree with you.

Terri
Old 03-16-2020, 08:37 AM   #114
2 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by OTRA15 View Post
Silence is golden at moments like this IMO.

It resonates equally with all religions, or with none at all.

Brevity stuns.

Less is more.

Yes!
Old 03-16-2020, 11:27 AM   #115
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Long Island , New York
Thumbs up

Brevity stuns . . . again!

OTRA15 is online now   Reply With Quote