Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-01-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Region 7 2nd VP Candidate, Visions of a New WBCCI

OK Gang, a new Thread to discuss the visions I have and what I have to offer the WBCCI and Region 7.

As a jumping off point and an update I have the questions from the Region 7 Nominating Committee and will be providing my answers this weekend. I have to get it back to them soon. I have also been requested to provide a time for next week to do a conference call with the committee to be interviewed I guess.

In short, after I get my answers together and go over them with the committee I will post them here and on SW. I will also put some notes together on the call. I feel that this information shared with the group will provide some insight on what is asked but more importantly to help provide more “insider” info to help draw more people into getting involved in the WBCCI.

BTW in the other thread J Rick referenced that a younger group needs to get involved, I think that is true and I am even younger then him!

Ed
Region 7 2nd VP Candidate
Ed Emerick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 07:50 AM   #2

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Good luck on your endeavor. Let us know how your "interview" goes.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Good Luck

Ed,I am looking forward to hearing your views on the path WBCCI needs to take to ensure it's future growth.
As a long time WBCCI member (Age 48),I feel very encouraged that folks like yourself and Rick are using this forum to enlighten members(current and future) of your vision to update WBCCI.
It's also nice to understand the process one must go through to achieve office.
Best of luck to you.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:32 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Ed---Good luck in your quest. When you bring energy, a track record of service and accomplishment in previous offices of WBCCI, a true respect and love for the club, demonstrated leadership skills and emphasis on being a team player and consensus builder, these are the attributes that will hold you in good stead with nominating committees.
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Ed wrote: "I do know that I have a number of followers in Region 7 that will come up with a true campaign slogan, OK folks lets get the ball rolling. We need a campaign slogan that will show the rest of the WBCCI we mean business lets start this effort with a bang!"

How about:
A brat in every trailer and a tow vehicle in every garage.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 01:37 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
I'd like to know more about the other candidate that is running against you for this slot. Do we have a name? Is he/she present on the forums and also willing to disclose their answers to the membership?
The other candidate is Joan Lahr, current Wisconsin Unit president (at least until the upcoming installation rally).

I don't know whether or not if she is active on this forum. You will recall that the Region 7 nominating committee has promised to publish the candidates' replies to their questionnaire, however.

Best,
Nuvi
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 06:24 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Thanks for the suggestions on a campaign slogan, Brats, Cheese; the Packers (even though I am a Browns fan) are the core of my Wisconsin location. The Region is full of great items and themes. One of the best is back when Jesse was Governor of MN the sign at in the rest area at the WI - MN line said “Your in Minnesota, BE NICE!” I thought that was very cool. I knew I always liked a Governor that was a professional wrestler!

So how about “You are in Region 7 and we ARE nice?”
Region 7 where nice people live……………
Oh hell how about “Welcome to Region 7 you better be nice to us our we’ll make you eat brats and cheese, clog your arteries, give you a heart attract and lock your hospital bed TV on a Packer game.

Ed

Hey Leo, we need that red suit on this thread, can you fix us up? I am thinking that if I am named, elected or whatever that I could make that the uniform for all Region officers. With that carrot out there I should have no problem filling the Region offices!
Old 09-01-2007, 09:48 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Emerick
Hey Leo, we need that red suit on this thread, can you fix us up? I am thinking that if I am named, elected or whatever that I could make that the uniform for all Region officers. With that carrot out there I should have no problem filling the Region offices!
Hey, Ed,

You Region 7 officers may be incurring significant wardrobe expenses. Don Rogers says he's going to specify kilts when he's Region 7 president! I guess you can put it on your expense account. . .

Cheers,
Nuvi
Old 09-01-2007, 10:03 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Cool The mysterious Region 7 - sausage link

Leo,

Quote:
I was lost at the "more than a two sausage Region" -- didn't get it at all. I was starting to think that Sausage was the main product coming out of that part of the country.
Actually this is a Region 7 (maybe Region 7 VAC) inside joke.

A few years ago at a Region rally, one of the units (don't remember which) was carefully vouchsafing each breakfast attendee exactly two sausage links, no more and no less.

At the next Region 7 VAC rally, Ed was working breakfast. At one point he dumped another pan of sausages into the serving tray and announced, "Take all you want--this ain't no 'two sausage' rally!"

Since that time the "two sausage rally" has entered the Region 7 lexicon--hence, "This ain't no two sausage region!"

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 09-02-2007, 06:23 AM   #10
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
Hi all,
If you go back and look at my posts I said I would share the questions that were asked of the Region 7 candidates. I also said I would like the info distributed to the membership and that the method had yet to be determined. That is still the case. The membership I am concerned about for this election is Region 7. I am only one person/one vote on a committee of three but will do what I can to get the info to the Region 7 members. I can only directly influence the way my unit handles its voting.

There is a process in place in the WBCCI for the election of officers. We intend to follow that process. If someone sees a need to change the process it needs to be done using the process. (thats kind of redundant)
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
pyanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:52 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Answers and Information

First, Kilts are very cool; I will be the first in line to get mine to support my Region 7 President’s wishes. Hey just don’t look under mine, I and I promise not to bend over. BTW, aren’t these things wool, and don’t they itch? I got to get one that is silk lined, I have tender skin!

Leo, I still like the red suit, thanks for the post.

Thanks John for explaining the 2 sausage rule to the group. What is really amazing is that rally was just one of the Region 7 VAC Rallies that we sent a rally refund to the attendees! We had plenty of food, a good time, NO MEETINGS and we got money back, what more can you ask of a rally! It’s all about the budget, good planning and making sure that no one goes hungry!

Pete, I don’t think anyone on this thread is asking to change the process, the process is the process. I don’t think that when I stated that I will be sharing my answers to the questions the Region 7 Nominating Committee asked me is outside of the process. I might be wrong but I’ll check in the Blue Book today.

As stated in earlier posts, I will share my answers on this Thread, and on the Save Wally site. I will do this when your team has had a chance to read them and determined how they will be shared with the Units. Again let’s show the non- WBCCI members how we do things, it is a recruiting tool (if all goes well). Me I have a thought, how about posting the Q&A on the Region 7 website? Just one more progressive idea for the Region to consider.

Ed
Past WI Unit President
Past VAC President
Past a whole bunch of other jobs that might not be all that important
Region 7 BB Editor
WBCCI #4425
Candidate for Region 7 2nd VP
Old 09-02-2007, 03:02 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
Ed,
Posting on the region website and the unit sites is one of the options I would like us to use. I also want the info sent to the unit presidents to help them with the unit votes. An informed electorate is always good.
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit
Old 09-02-2007, 06:45 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Pete, I agree, get the information in the member’s hands and let them tell us who would be best to lead the WBCCI into the future! News letters, Web, calling tree, rally fliers, you name it. The membership needs this info!

Hey a rally flier telling the membership of Region 7 why they need to vote for me! I need to get to work! A flier is needed! I need art work, I need to call my brother the art major, I need to call my publicist, I need help……………!

Ed
Old 09-03-2007, 12:31 AM   #14
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
1963 19' Globetrotter
1970 29' Ambassador
Waukesha , Wisconsin
Ed,
I'm glad to see that you have decided to continue your service to the WBCCI membership by seeking office at the region level.

Nuvi,
I vote for "This ain't no two sausage region!"... thanks for passing along that story. Considering the outcome of that rally, I think that it is indicative of "what can be" under the right leadership.

I guess this means I need to take a break from restoring my A/S and get around to sending in that WBCCI membership form... See, Ed is not even elected yet and the membership is growing!
https://byamcaravanner.blogspot.com/
byamcaravanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 07:02 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1968 30' Sovereign
1959 18' "Footer"
1954 22' Flying Cloud
Brussels , Wisconsin
Thanks Steve, I can't wait to see you at the next rally! Bring the trailer and we'll have a workshop "See Steve Restore His Trailer" What that would amount to is a bunch of us sitting in our chairs providing restoration guidance while handing you your next drink. We could be moved to getting a tool or two that you might need too!

In reality there are many things that I learned during the restoration of my 3 vintage Airstreams at our rallies that helped me put them back together. Matter of fact it was at a WI Unit rally that I discovered my 68. We (the 4 of us) were using a 61 Tradewind when a member came up to me and said I needed a bigger trailer for the kids and that he had just what I needed. A week later I pulled the Sovereign home and have had it ever since, that was almost 9 years ago now. It was a great find that would have never happened if I had not been a WBCCI member, just another benefit of the club.

Also I will note that a WBCCI member is never alone, you will be amazed at the help on and off the road this group can provide!

Ed

I guess I’m Stumping again
Old 09-03-2007, 08:30 AM   #16
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
You Never Airstream Alone

Quote:
Thanks Steve, I can't wait to see you at the next rally! Bring the trailer and we'll have a workshop "See Steve Restore His Trailer" What that would amount to is a bunch of us sitting in our chairs providing restoration guidance while handing you your next drink. We could be moved to getting a tool or two that you might need too!

In reality there are many things that I learned during the restoration of my 3 vintage Airstreams at our rallies that helped me put them back together. Matter of fact it was at a WI Unit rally that I discovered my 68. We (the 4 of us) were using a 61 Tradewind when a member came up to me and said I needed a bigger trailer for the kids and that he had just what I needed. A week later I pulled the Sovereign home and have had it ever since, that was almost 9 years ago now. It was a great find that would have never happened if I had not been a WBCCI member, just another benefit of the club.

Also I will note that a WBCCI member is never alone, you will be amazed at the help on and off the road this group can provide!

Ed

I guess I’m Stumping again
Ed,

Everyone should familiarize themselves with your great statement and never forget it, and pass it on. "...a WBCCI member is never alone..." Amen.

Dale "Pee Wee" Schwamborn
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:42 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Pete, I agree, get the information in the member’s hands and let them tell us who would be best to lead the WBCCI into the future! News letters, Web, calling tree, rally fliers, you name it. The membership needs this info!

Hey a rally flier telling the membership of Region 7 why they need to vote for me! I need to get to work! A flier is needed! I need art work, I need to call my brother the art major, I need to call my publicist, I need help……………!

Ed
Hey, Ed,

In all seriousness (totally out of sync with this thread--sorry about that), you only need to convince three people--the nominating committee. They're going to pick the next VP.

Good luck,
Nuvi
Old 09-03-2007, 10:06 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Whittier , California
Nuvite hit the nail square on the head. Convince at least two of the committee members and you are as good as elected. Include in your oral interview comments some of the attributes listed in post #4.

A lot of preparation and Good luck will follow.
bobkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:31 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT
Honestly, I don't care who he's up against. With Ed's level of enthusiasm, the number of hours he has routinely dedicated to making this club, his unit, and the VAC a better place, how could he possibly lose this nomination?
Leo,

Don't sell Joan Lahr short. She's put an equal or greater effort into WI unit and Region 7 activities, just not VAC. She is probably better known in Region 7 outside of Wisconsin than Ed is. Truthfully, it's a tough call. I count them both as good friends.

See you down the road,
Nuvi
Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
St Cloud , Minnesota
That is exactly the point. We are lucky enough to have 2 individuals who I believe can do a good job. Even though the committee is supposed to pick one, I want the membership to have the informations pertaining to both candidates. I will be glad to work either of them.
WBCCI #7528
MN Unit