Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2006, 06:28 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Pensacola Unit 29

Just wondering if there is anyone from the Pensacola unit on the board?
FiveGreers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:00 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member

Pensacola Unit is here

Yes I think several members are also forum members. Consider coming to a rally at the Unit's campground in McDavid FL (between Century and Pensacola on US29) sometime. The rally schedule is on the website at :

http://www.geocities.com/mystic-springs/

The next rally will be smaller than normal since many of us are going to the Florida State Rally in Sarasota (Feb 22-26). Its probably the second largest WBCCI rally each year.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:05 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Hi Herb-I've submitted our paperwork online to join your unit. We've also spoken to Jim Johnson and have seen the website and park online. We're not too far-just over in Niceville. We won't be able to make the rally in Sarasota, but we look forward to attending the local rallies.

Our five year old can't wait to "get our numbers"-! Look forward to meeting you!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:12 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

Pensacola Unit

We live in Shalimar so if you need any Airstream help let me know.
bjond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:19 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Thanks, Herb!!! We'll definately give you a holler if we come across something! So far, so good-fingers crossed! We pulled her from Tampa this past Saturday and she tracked really well. We couldn't be happier! Got to spend one night in her on Friday to check eveything out and were quite pleased. Hoping we can get to Mystic Springs for the May rally. My parents will be moving up to Crestview and transferring their membership from Orlando to this unit, too-they've got an 00' Excella. We look forward to spending some great times up there!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:25 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Hello

Welcome the world of Airstream ownership... Would you have spent your first night at the Tampa East rv resort.. The Palms.. we saw someone with a new a/s on our daily walk with our dogs.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:33 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
YES-that was us!!! It is such a small world! I was SO NERVOUS about backing into a space that we asked if we could have a pull through-or in that case-a drive through! We had had such a long day at Bates and were so tired when we finally got it all set up. We had to run some errands after we got it mostly set up-Camping World and then to Outback to celebrate!
Old 01-31-2006, 07:36 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
What a small world

Wish we had of stopped and said hello.. We have an Argosy.. 26' 1975 but it is in storage as we have bought a 5th wheel and will sell the Argosy.. We love it but not big enough for 6 month leaving.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Annie-how amazing! I saw several people walking dogs-and if our kids had been with us, we probably would have come up-as we're all dog lovers.

My aunt and uncle have a 5er that they live in during the winter months, too. They are nice and roomy inside, that's for sure! It was fun to look at the one picture I snapped of us at Tampa East-we were tiny compared to the rest of the units around us- . That's okay, we just love her- ! Hopefully we'll meet up again someday!
Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

Welcome to the Airstream Club. We have been members 8 years now and have many new friends. If you're over Tallahassee way, gave us a call, we're in the WBCCI directory you'll be getting one soon after joining.

Herb, hope to see you at Sarasota.
HURST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:51 PM   #11
3 Rivet Member

Crestview , Florida
Got to attend...

We were able to attend the Past Presidents' rally today and really enjoyed ourselves. I was engaged to hear the stories that were told-and to hear about an upcoming 60th wedding anniversary-wow!! I was only sad that we had to leave, especially after I saw the bonfire Herb was firing up!

We look forward to attending WITH our trailer and spending time out there. It looked to be a funloving group with a lot of great stories to tell, or not- !

2005 22' Safari-
...lost her in the divorce-
Would like another (Airstream), please!