Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Thank You all for your thoughts. We decieded (wife and I) not to join WBCCI Crispyboy.We are good the way we are .Our age is now against us and our travels are limited to a couple of hrs each way which pretty much keeps us in Ohio,Lower Mich.or Northern Ky. We love all the people we have met and will have to be content with that.
I would like to see this thread die now. As I have nothing more to say on the subject.
THANKS Friends
ROGER
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 06:16 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
salida , Colorado
i have to agree with tbrich. the 4cu is really a diverse and fun group. the problem i have is you still have to fork over 60 some bucks a year to be a member. yes a dollar is all it costs for the 4cu and the rest goes to the wbcci. i am a new member to the 4cu but i'm not sure that i want to renew because of what i've seen from the national club. i'm not at all impressed. i don't mean to offend the 4cu group. i love you guys! but the rest i can do without.
cojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
Get over it

Sometimes when I read these comments I wonder why I send in my dues. But everybody cant be happy all the time. We just got homefrom the N. J. state rally at Airstream Haven in South Jersey [the 51st state]. Last night we celebrated the 90th birthday of a long time member. This made all this worth the few dollars we pay to be associated with WBCCI. Why can t we forget all the politics and just get along? Im staying off any of these threads for a while. N eed a break. Sorry if I offended anybody, but Im sure youll all get over it. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 10:44 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
And even if you hate everthing about that club, its worth the price of admission to hear the storys from some of these people. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
Old 09-18-2011, 10:52 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikethefixit View Post
I think we were turned down on purpose. We had camped with the president of the Unit about 3 different times and I know she knew who I was. I first ask for permission to join their unit thru their website,which was ignored for about a year,the unit president then (a man) ignored my request. Then a new Unit president was elected and installed and my request was immediately turn down by the Unit president.
To this day have never heard a word from either of the Cincinnati Local units. We dont want to join now, WE ARE FINE the way we are.
This is why we need a lot of new blood in this club. I dont blame you if your P.O. But bottom liner: without new blood the WBCCI is DOA. Sal.
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
Old 09-18-2011, 05:31 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
Sorry Sal the CLUB can go DOA .We might join if there was a complete collapse and bankruptcy filing and a reorginization which relieved all those in power now and forbid them from holding office upon any re-origanization. Please dont miss understand we have camped with club members (just common ole club members) who have no asperations of power and they are the greatest. I will continue to watch the the downward sprial out of control until it crashes and burns. THEN and only then will we think about it. I maynot live to see it but trust me it will.
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:08 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
I have gotten 2 e mail notices that Coloradobus has posted yesterday and today to this thread but neither post are displayed when I open the thread.

Is this a server problem causing a delay in them appearing?

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:17 AM   #28

Vintage Kin Owner
... , ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
I have gotten 2 e mail notices that Coloradobus has posted yesterday and today to this thread but neither post are displayed when I open the thread.

Is this a server problem causing a delay in them appearing?
No problems here. Members can edit or delete posts for a period of 30 minutes +/- after hitting the "Submit Reply" button".

In this case the OP deleted the posts in question during the 30 minute window.

Kevin

"One of the best lessons I've learned is that you don't worry about criticism from people you wouldn't seek advice from."

William C. Swinney

Kevin245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:41 AM   #29
3 Rivet Member

1966 17' Caravel
salida , Colorado
just out of curiosity..does anyone know if there are any independent airstream clubs around that are not connected to the international group?
cojer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
The Airstreamer Club (TAC) and Northeast Airstream Organization (NAO)

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cojer View Post
just out of curiosity..does anyone know if there are any independent airstream clubs around that are not connected to the international group?
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:35 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
modesto , California
Rant

WBCCI used to be a great organization, just like the FORUM used to be a great place to share ideas with like minded individuals. However things are changing aren't they. I will never again pay to be a member of this FORUM or WBCCI. Why would anyone pay dues and have absolutely no say or vote. As you can see for your self they do not listen. Even when you ask them to go away they persist. We have good people here and there. However just not in charge.
batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:21 AM   #32
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Members of a forum never have a say. The owner of a forum and its mods make the decisions. That is just the way it is. I may disagree with what the mods do on occasion, but it is their jobs to do as they see fit. If I don't like their decisions then I can stop using the forums as entertainment and for info purposes. THIS IS GREAT THEATER. I love it!!!. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 04:25 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
If you think the AirForums is bad then you never used the WBCCI forum. WOW, now that was fun.. AirForums is probably the best it can be as far as any other ones I have used. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #34
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
I guess it's a crapshoot isn't it. Some people are lucky enough to stumble into a fantastic unit, like 4CU, or my unit, Cape Cod, and others not so lucky. When my friend Tye called to join his local area NY unit he was asked how old he was (44) and told it was an older group and not for him. That unit has disbanded. Tye who lives in Buffalo, NY is now PRESIDENT of the Cape Cod Unit. We also have members from Prince Edward Island and Columbus OH. It's sad that your local unit happend to be one of the not so nice ones,,,,,it probably won't be around in a year or two.
There's also "dry" units where your shunned if you have a happy hour Let me smell those coffee cups!
Dan
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #35
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Tye & I could start a... In-The-Buff Unit
Old 09-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #36
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Tye & I could start a... In-The-Buff Unit
That kind of crack hurts my "original finish" feelings by making me feel inadequate, somehow.

Pat (also known as "squint" around these parts recently).

AIR 3987
TAC VA-2
WBCCI 4596
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 12:23 AM   #37
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
Crestview , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Three times I have filled out the WBCCI online application , one more than 3 months ago , and never a response . I guess I start my own little club .
Be thankful, they done you a favor by ignoring you! It wouldn't be enjoyable trying to hang aorund with people like that at the local rallies, you'd always be treated as an outsiders by pompass acting snobs.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:54 AM   #38
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
Three times I have filled out the WBCCI online application , one more than 3 months ago , and never a response . I guess I start my own little club .
Hi, I heard that they will get back to you just as soon as they decide on the motorhome issue. please be patient.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 04:38 AM   #39
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
It is possible the online info gets sent on to the local unit membership chair for action and there it dies, depending on the unit. The old chain of command thing that causes much of our troubles.
While this is speculation on my part, my experience with the JC office staff on the things they handle has always been excellent
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:05 AM   #40
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmclemore View Post
That kind of crack hurts my "original finish" feelings by making me feel inadequate, somehow.

Pat (also known as "squint" around these parts recently).
Pat,

Looks like I'm on my own, Tye must have been Mod'd out.(what could he have possibly said?).
The in the Buff unit is back on hold.

Bob