Non-Member: Check This Out!
If you are not a member of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International, I urge you to keep on reading.
This weekend, my wife Seon and I attended a rally organised by the WBCCI - BC Unit. We kind of invited ourselves since we were not members.
* From the minute we showed interest in joining the rally, we felt very welcomed.
* All we wanted to do was to see what's like and decide after that if it was worth it to join.
* Our assumption was that it would a snooty club where only the older members talk to each other and making very difficult to feel accepted. Boy were we wrong on that one.
* We weren't sure if it was worth the price to join.
Now let me tell you why we signed up with 24h of being there.
* It is a fun club. Nobody was snooty or high on themselves. Quite the opposite I might add. From the second we stepped on the campground, we always had someone who was willing to guide us. Happy hours, wine and cheese, pizza dinner . . . always something.
*The advantage of being part of this club far outweigh it's cost. Quite frankly, anything less than $10/m is what I consider free. It's a no-brainer. Really.
I want to conclude on asking you, the non-member to join.
First of, it's free - Less than $10/m should be considered free.
Two, The more members, the better it is. Better discounts, better rates, more places to stay - yes, that's one of the perks.
Third, you may want to be around other Airstream instead of just waving at them on the highway. But even if you do want to do rallies, this club has so much to offer.
Finally, because you can have a voice. I believe that the younger generation could definitely bring great ideas and new direction to the club.
Hope to see you around,