Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 06:07 PM   #21
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64
The $235 DOES include the rally fee AND 3 AMP Power and water. The 30 AMP IS extra.

If you wish to stay off site, you can get a day pass for events and such for a nonimnal fee, I belive this is $15.00 per day.

If you want to come wander the grounds, look up friends, hang out at the fairgrounds but not do entertainment, see vendors, or PARK YOUR TRAILER then it is FREE.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #22
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alan
Here is the message for you officials??? If there is a question to qualifications for entry, Let them in - resolve it later - do a little PR -

These members of our community are most likley not criminials and the percentage of Airstream folks trying bust your gates has gotta be small. Hello - is anyone there???
The problem here is that in the past, up to and including eariler this week, someone tries to "sneak" into the rally grounds. the Club pays a fee per trailer/MH per night for EVERY spot used. This cost is one part of how the calculation of the rally fee is determined. The "sneak in for free because we will blend in" ploy has been tried at every major rally I have been to in the last 5 years. That ruins it for EVERYONE.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

Old 06-27-2007, 06:11 PM   #23
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Short stop

This is the end of the official caravan and the start of another non-club trip for a few of us.

We checked the price to come in for a day or two and were told we could pay the day rate a year ago. That is the problem...changing the rules midstream. We planned accordingly. No whining. You are assuming that we want to attend all day, everyday and that is just not the case. We had plans for attending this evening and tomorrow.

Can anyone help us with this?

We have tried the Region Officer route and have had some review at the International level. We are VERY active and committed members of this club, who put lots of time and effort in and just want a little help here.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottW
There is a reason I do not have red numbers on my new Airstream....we have just read about it. The MoHo issue/vote will make up my mind for sure.

The difference between the Cub Scouts and the WBCCI is...the scouts have adult leadership!!

Way to go Scott, us to, just peeled of all the old red numbers off the back of our trailer for the polish work, after reading all of this, we for sure will not put any back on

This is a shame and disgrace makes me sooooo mad, you folks drove so far to attend and to get treated like that, I'm glad this hot headed southern girls not there.
Air# 9552
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 PM   #25
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam

We checked the price to come in for a day or two and were told we could pay the day rate a year ago. That is the problem...changing the rules midstream. We planned accordingly. No whining. You are assuming that we want to attend all day, everyday and that is just not the case. We had plans for attending this evening and tomorrow.
I believe what has happened may be a breakdown in communications. When you asked for a "day pass" or "day rate" were you explicit in what you were wanting to do? Park for 2 days and leave. All Rallies have a day pass system, but I know each rally sets it's own policy in regard to short stays, or weekend rates. I do not know if this is something that can be resolved on site at this point. I will be happy to discuss it with registration tomorrow as I have an additional question for them anyhow. I make NO Promises, but I will plead your case if I can get a receptive ear. Please let me know if you want me to do this for you.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 06-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
Disappointing at best!

But, I know that if any of you show up at the Moraine View Midwest Forums Rally next year in Illinois that you will not be turned away. There are good people and good times to be had in the midwest. I am hoping to attend with my '67 trailer next June and I bet you won't want to miss out on an informal rally where the emphasis is on good friends and good times, not on how much money the organization heirarchy can bring into a club. The solution may be more sites for forum type rallies nation wide and reduced membership/participation in WBCCI and their rallies. You know the old saying about throwing a party and nobody comes... That would get their attention real quick, I bet! Happy Trails, Ed
FORUMS MEMBER SINCE 12/16/2004AIR#7110
"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat. When I looked at the tire, I noticed your CAT!" Burma Shave
Old 06-27-2007, 06:24 PM   #27
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Sorry, Bryan, but you are WAY out of line.

Consider the FACT that this was planned many, many months ago, approved, and sanctioned by the powers that be. They were TOLD to do this; You wanna talk about consistancy and depth????? good lord!!!

The BB publishes the contact information for multiple hotels in the vicinity of the international rally every year, for those who wish to attend, but don't want to camp AT the rally, for whatever reason. Do you mean to tell me that all these people also have to pay the full camping fee??? I don't think so.

I am IN the wbcci because I was able to just walk in to the international rally when it was in my neighborhood a few years ago, and take a look-see. I honestly wasn't attracted to much about it, but I did happen to serendipedously stumble upon some local folks, who enthusiastically welcomed us, and invited ("implored", really) us to attend their upcoming rally. we did, and we were hooked, and haven't missed many events since. The very idea that they aren't letting anyone in the gate, even for a small fee, is just so incredibly stupid, especially for a club that is floundering for new members, it boggles the mind.
But to do this to long time, loyal members of the club...people who took a dying unit and made it one of, if not THE fastest growing units in the club, people who did exactly as they were instructed by the organizers of the rally, is just unconscionable.

"Depth"...my hairy white Irish
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #28
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
I believe what has happened may be a breakdown in communications. When you asked for a "day pass" or "day rate" were you explicit in what you were wanting to do? Park for 2 days and leave. All Rallies have a day pass system, but I know each rally sets it's own policy in regard to short stays, or weekend rates. I do not know if this is something that can be resolved on site at this point. I will be happy to discuss it with registration tomorrow as I have an additional question for them anyhow. I make NO Promises, but I will plead your case if I can get a receptive ear. Please let me know if you want me to do this for you.
Hi, we were very explicit, in that we are parked at Twin Oaks RV park and camping there. We want to visit the rally, see opening cermonies, check out any displays, visit with friends and go home for dinner. We are not expecting any "services" like water, electric, parking for tt or motorhomes. We don't expect to take classes or attend entertainment. This is really so basic it is absurd.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Oh man that is rediculous!...I'd be so rippin'. This puts a bad taste in my mouth...no whinning..just the person who quoted you the $15 day fee should be held accountable.

Man I feel for you guys...all that planning..time..$$$...I do hope it works out. Hopefully they will come to their senses and open the doors for you. If not I know you guys will make the best of it...they are the ones who will be missing out on what I thought the WBCCI was made up of...Great folks!!
NEU
Old 06-27-2007, 06:35 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Another shocked WBCCI member...

This too would be the last straw for me, if it isn't resolved.. Keep us informed...

To review the bidding, the Day Passes in Salem and prior International Rallies were for a person to attend one day's events, including vendor areas and seminars and evening event. Period... The trailer or motorhome or whatever never was going to be admitted under day pass system.. Thus a couple attending for two days would pay $60 under old system, which seems reasonable given no parking of Airstream, no water or power or tank pumping or other committed services. There is no cost of food or other services to WBCCI, other than the colored ribbons stuck to the member badges, but local security seemed unable to distinguish between folks with badges and ribbons and locals out to steal stuff from the parked trailers.. This is really a ban on fly-in, drop-in or any other form of limited attendance other than the full week parked in the heat and humidity...

It is speculative to wonder why this policy was adopted, but it sucks... Our trip to Salem was our first and last time parked in ankle-deep dry hay with neighbor dropping lit cigarettes around the trailers, and 7 days was way too long, even with a number of side trips around northern Oregon...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Old 06-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #31
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
This sounds like some one From the club was passing bad information as I know there was a day pass table at registration as late as yesterday. Sometimes members act officious when they are not part of the group that is actually doing the work/planning/execution of the rally. I spent the day off site so was not near registration. I cannot confirm there was a day pass table today.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 06-27-2007, 06:51 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Columbus , Indiana
It surely sounds like the person who said you couldn't go was a poor listener, or (sorry) the question was worded in such a way as they did not understand what you wanted.

Is there a possiblilty that you asked at the gate with your trailer in tow and they assumed you were trying to 'boondock'?

I agree with some of the others that you should pursue this again.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #33
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy
I am in shock! Speechless, jaw on the floor. I cannot believe it. This is simply unconscionable. Seems that a revolution is in order.
Sorry, and although I agree, it seems outragous, take a look at the orginization....you really expected more given all that they have been up to? I mean really, the motorhome fiasco, the name change..... I really feel for you all. Yer starting to see first hand why folks get disgruntled with "the club". To pass out wrong info, even in error when folks have traveled great distances, is just obnoxious. That person should have checked. It's not like a person can just pack up and go home like it's across the street...some folks traveled thousands of miles.....

On a positive note, you're always welcome to a forums rally. I have yet to hear one single person, even and SOB turned away from one of these....
Old 06-27-2007, 06:54 PM   #34
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Question

Where is the leadership - whats the official postion - Who is going to make it right for these folks?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Sunnyvale , California
Send a message via AIM to Condoluminum
Now I'm confused...

Just read post 164 from 2 days ago by 65GT in main Perry thread, and he claimed to be sitting with Registration chairwoman and confirming that people were welcome to fly or drive in and get day passes to visit..

Here's his quote: The official word is -- with or without your trailer come! There are local hotels in the area if need be. You can always get day passes for as many days as you like. If you want to park with the Vintage AS club, you will also need to join the VAC when you arrive.

How accurate is this information? 100% I'm live in the registration area and the Registration Chairwoman just sat down with me to get you the exact info you need. Come on up!

Were you trying to get trailers into Perry for just a day or two, or just visit in tow vehicles?? Given the levels of "process" imposed around trailer parking, I can reluctantly understand why they don't want to allow trailers in for just the first couple days...

In Theory, there's no difference between Theory and Practice, but in Practice, there is usually a difference...
Old 06-27-2007, 07:03 PM   #36
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Lutz , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alan
Where is the leadership - whats the official postion - Who is going to make it right for these folks?
I have offered to make an attempt at correcting this.

Did you read my post above? I am not a person in leadership position, but I AM someone who IS HERE and someone who IS WILLING to try to get these folks that want to attend into the rally.

I appreciate all the vitriol some of you have felt necessary to pour out on the club, and in some cases it is deserved, but ummmm,, are you here? Did you make the effort to come to the rally? Do you support the club in ANY way? or is it all just throwing rocks because you don't like something. There is a reason that I don't post here very often any more and this thread is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of why. I am NOT going to go searching for someone to try to get it fixed RIGHT NOW because the person I would need to speak to is sitting in a group of 2000+ at the main hall, participating in Opening Ceremonies, and I don't know what they look like.

So let it run its course, we will have an answer in the AM, that is the best that can be done from where I sit. BTW that is in Green section, Row 1.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49

Old 06-27-2007, 07:04 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
Just met a lovely couple staying here at the campground with us. They told us they sent in their $235 and it was sent back to them as they are only going to be attending for two days but staying off site. They showed up today and were allowed in for free and told when they come back tomorrow they would have to pay $18 per person. Now I ask where is the consistency and leadership here?????
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
Old 06-27-2007, 07:10 PM   #38
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Altoona , Florida
Talking

Hope it don't rain
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 PM   #39
_

. , .
sorry to read this myboyburt...

my understanding was the 'day pass' option was for 1 day...

the open house day, like last year.

seems we covered the issue in this thread about 50 posts in.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f289...-ga-24114.html

now IF a unit caravan was told they could have a day rate, something other than the 235$,

i would have sure gotten that IN WRITING.

no question whoever gets in varies by which fella is working the gate...

i'd guess that folks without trailers staying in local motels,

attending everyday, pay the full rally fee...

anyone actually done this who can confirm?

the big issue is they would need a new set of ribbons to mark folks for this class of attendance...

hope this works out.

and the campground has a swimming pool!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:33 PM   #40
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewkid64
are you here? Did you make the effort to come to the rally? Do you support the club in ANY way? or is it all just throwing rocks because you don't like something. There is a reason that I don't post here very often any more and this thread is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of why.
Clearly, regardless of feelings on the subject, Brett, yer a diamond in the rough. Not many like you, but I stand by my convictions. I myself don't have to throw rocks, the leadership appears to be throwing enough of their own in glass houses.

This is sadly but yet another example of detachment. If I like the club or not, makes no difference, but these actions do.
Closed Thread