Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2007, 11:34 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Tom,
You are partly right. Mandalay Travel Club is for Mandalay Diesel pusher motorhomes only, they do not allow Four Winds. Per Mandalay and looking at the Four Winds Website, FW doesn't have a specific Four Winds Club. A Mandalay employee, Heather Hockert said ( the Mandalay person I spoke to) said they have worked very hard to create their club. So, reading ( listening) between the lines, I think direct competition with the WBCCI is worrisome. However, you can't beat their club membership fees. $20.00 for one year, $50.00 for three years membership. So, why would they want to pay more to join the Airstream Club and be "odd coach" out??

So far, no call from the Mandalay Travel Club Prez, yet, as Heather Hockert promised me this past mid week.!
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:13 PM   #22
Rivet Master

Tincantom, Minnies Mate, and all.

Gotta a call from Jack Finley, President of the Mandalay Travel Club this morning.
Once again, I explained all that was going on with our Club and the Motion.
He said that their by-laws stated, Mandalay Travel Club was an "exclusive club" for Mandalay Diesel Pusher Motorcoaches.
He said that he felt that NO current Mandalay Coach owner would join the Airstream Club.
He also told me that NO Airstream Class A, Class B Sprinter or Ford, or Airstream Trailer would be permitted to join the Mandalay Travel Club, if the motion in our club passed.
\
He wanted me to know, if any current Airstream owner, who purchased a Mandalay Coach would be welcome to join the Mandalay Travel Club.

He gave me his "cell number and home number" in case I or anyone else needed to discuss this further.
He, also, gave me his permission to use his name and office title, if I were to speak on his behalf in Perry June 26th from the floor.

There you have it. Current Mandalay owners aren't going to help increase OUR Club's membership numbers.
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Old 06-10-2007, 08:35 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus
He, also, gave me his permission to use his name and office title, if I were to speak on his behalf in Perry June 26th from the floor.

There you have it. Current Mandalay owners aren't going to help increase OUR Club's membership numbers.
This is HUGE! Are you planning on delivering this information at Perry?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:13 AM   #24
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincantom
That is what IBT is trying to sell - Lot's of Four Winds owners jumping ship to fill the WBCCI ranks. Sorry - it ain't gonna happen! But then I suspect you know that, right?

Tom
I was being tongue in cheek, but there is no emoticon on this forum for that.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:18 PM   #25
Rivet Master

wheel interested,

Yes, I am going to Perry. I will be going with Shari, and towing MAXWELL with our "BEA" the B-190 van and arrive the 25th. Our spouses are flying in later. Someone needs to stay home and work!

Let the IBT and their minions eat kelp!!!
Old 06-11-2007, 01:27 PM   #26

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
However, you can't beat their club membership fees. $20.00 for one year, $50.00 for three years membership.
If the WBCCI was that cheap, I'd probably still be in it, no matter what else annoyed me about them.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 01:56 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
wheel interested,

Yes, I am going to Perry. I will be going with Shari, and towing MAXWELL with our "BEA" the B-190 van and arrive the 25th. Our spouses are flying in later. Someone needs to stay home and work!

Let the IBT and their minions eat kelp!!!
That is going to be a very memorable meeting!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cool addition to the vintage caravan with that great combo. Give 'em heck for us at home and take all the video, pictures and audio you can!

photography
Old 06-11-2007, 04:24 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Wheel Interested,

I wanted to tow Maxwell with our S.O.B. motorhome, and label it a "Wally Edition". However, from what we have heard in the past, the Agri-Center grounds are mostly grassy surfaces. I am not willing to drive a 26 ton vehicle onto a soft/grassy surface. Been there, done that, FMCA 2002, Hutchison, Ks, "Mud Fest" where 5000 motorhomes sank!!! We had 5 inches of rain in 2 days. It does rain in Georgia!
Old 06-11-2007, 04:54 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Wheel Interested,

I wanted to tow Maxwell with our S.O.B. motorhome, and label it a "Wally Edition". However, from what we have heard in the past, the Agri-Center grounds are mostly grassy surfaces. I am not willing to drive a 26 ton vehicle onto a soft/grassy surface. Been there, done that, FMCA 2002, Hutchison, Ks, "Mud Fest" where 5000 motorhomes sank!!! We had 5 inches of rain in 2 days. It does rain in Georgia!
LOL Would that be funny! I can just imagine if every Airstream trailer was pulled by an SOB motorhome and every Airstream Motorhome pulled an SOB trailer and then unhitched and parked!

Your Wally labeled edition would have been certain to have drawn comments. Mud fest 2002 sounds a lot like Woodstock with money.

Ah yes... I have heard about a rainy day in Georgia.

photography
Old 06-11-2007, 04:57 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Jimmmmmeeee! Are you trying to get us in trouble before we even arrive????

Shame on you!

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:58 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Jimmmmmeeee! Are you trying to get us in trouble before we even arrive????

Shame on you!

Shari
What, the 1st VP of the VAC a troublemaker, impossible.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:00 PM   #32
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
Yeah, you know those Denver-folks...rabble rousers!
rab·ble-rous·er (răb'əl-rou'zər)
n. A leader or speaker who stirs up the passions of the masses; a demagogue.
Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 08:22 PM   #33
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
The way I read the response is that <gasp> he sounds like we do! The noive!.

I think this is the real way to look at this issue. Why would the Mandalay folks want to join an Airstream club? For the welcome? The only reason a Mandalay owner would want to join this club is because they already belong to the club and want to remain members. Think about it - without that link, new owners are not going to be joining.

IMHO. Love, Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:27 PM   #34
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Maybe the IBT should offer incentives for Mandalay owners to join WBCCI.

I think preferred parking, reimbursed mileage, and a few seats on the Board would bring in several new members.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Sorry for the ignorance...

Hello all -

Sorry for the ignorance on things on this thread - but what is the 'straw poll' running? Does this thing have a realistic chance? Or is the only way it could get through, on the 'amended motion' possibility....?

Again, sorry for any/all rehash... Thanks!

Axel
SilverToy
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
The consensus seems to be that this thing is going down in flames. But, we're all taking a cautious approach and many, including myself, will be at the delegates' meeting to watch the action.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:29 AM   #37
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
It does rain in Georgia!
Not lately. We are experiencing our worst drought in 50 years and it is expected to continue through September. Yesterday was a statewide day of prayer for rain for Georgia farmers. In fact, we have had a wild fire that has burned more than 500,000 acres in south Georgia/North Florida and has been burning since the end of March/early April. The rains we are having this week are the first rain of any significance that we have had this spring. It was reported this morning on the news that South Georgia farmers need 7 inches of rain over about a 5 day period just to catch up with the average for this time of year. It is pretty bad right now. Georgia farmers are particularly bad hit and are expected to be the worst hit in the country.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 06-12-2007, 09:14 AM   #38
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgodfrey
The consensus seems to be that this thing is going down in flames. But, we're all taking a cautious approach and many, including myself, will be at the delegates' meeting to watch the action.

Randy
I really wish I could be there. Right in my backyard, too. Figuratively speaking, that is.
WBCCI# 4821
Old 06-12-2007, 09:49 AM   #39
Rivet Master

Silver Toy,

I was approaching this from the Mandalay Coach angle to see what the "possible-beneficiaries" of our MOTION would say about joining or not joining the WBCCI. Seems, the IBT has been touting increased membership from the Mandalay/Four Winds masses. Mandalay, for one isn't interested. FourWinds has no collective vote, since they have NO "brand" specific club. (Four Winds are all "gas-powered., they are farther down the food chain than Mandalay")

With no opposing views published in the BB, I wanted info to "Broad-Side" the IBT and their minions.
Old 06-12-2007, 10:26 AM   #40
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Sure would be great if you have internet from Perry to have everyone make update posts in a single thread such as news from Perry or some such title, but all would be posted as new in the WBCCI forums anyway. I am hoping many members will keep us abreast of the proceedings. I was planning on going and then pulled out because of the weather. I don't tolerate heat well whether it is the temperature or the political climate... so staying out of the kitchen on this one. At this point I have no doubt pro Airstream product will win out but I would like to hear where the chips fly.

Early on there was some interest from Don Shafer on the possibility of providing a simulcast but I think that has fallen by the wayside, probably not the image IBT would have been willing to project. You think?

photography