Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Yes! And you are right Joe. Doug Wylie definitely should have spoken out against that behavior regardless of whomever exhibited it and most especially since it was the first "Lady" of the region! I am with you heart and soul on that. You made no mention of the Little Woman so we wont attribute all gender pet peeves against ya Joe. That was purely my bit thrown into the mix. We keep trying to work on these things you know...you're married. Don't want to lose any ground despite the popularity of Lady Gaga and others pushing back the progress... oh well that's a whole 'nuther pet peeve!

Don't let me get this off track. I just had to say. I applaud the effort you are all making to get the WBCCI leadership to realize it is not omnipotent and must regard the rules and by laws as they were intended to be applied across the board to all members nominated officers or not. It appears some have taken the position of leadership to use it as a vehicle for personal gain and aspirations of grandeur and have lorded it over members disregarding their role as our defenders and keepers of the club and our messengers.

Keep up the hard fight! We support you!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 09:23 PM   #122
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
I don't understand why a spouse needs to be dragged into this lemonade issue. Isn't the alleged perpetrator a region officer (Secretary) in her own right? Should she not be accountable for her alleged actions?

Unless someone can show she was acting under the direct authority of the Region President, then we should not assume he (Doug) is responsible for this unfortunate incident.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #123
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
riverhead , New York
Agreed, regarding the accountablity of the spouse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
I don't understand why a spouse needs to be dragged into this lemonade issue. Isn't the alleged perpetrator a region officer (Secretary) in her own right? Should she not be accountable for her alleged actions?

Unless someone can show she was acting under the direct authority of the Region President, then we should not assume he (Doug) is responsible for this unfortunate incident.
Mark,
I think what bothers me is the reluctance of Region 9 President Doug Wylie to address this matter in any way at all. His failure to come forward is conspicuous by its absence.
I found out about this incident by accident. And, I am irate over this matter.
Hopefull we will find more and as accurately as possible share the information.
I have a "Dog in this Race". It is my Past Unit President that has been terminated from our unit and I too am passionate about WBCCI.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:10 PM   #124
tincantom

1975 25' Tradewind
Crossville , Tennessee
Thumbs down Grievance time

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecolao View Post
The slow death and decline that you predict does not have to come to fruition....
Should we decide to put this club on a successful tract once again perhaps we should start by demanding the resignation of the Region 9 President who watch on as his wife poured a container of "iced tea" onto one of our members and my Past Unit President.
Perhaps my letter to the IBT would to make such a suggestion that they too demand the Resignation of Doug Wylie the Region 9 President and His First Lady. What a lady!
The "lady" in question is certainly deserving of a grievance. Actually isn't this type of behavoir exactly what the Grievance Committee was originally established for?
If someone didn't deck her for doing that then they should file a formal complaint. Start using their own system against them!

Classic Airstreams put the silver in silver city
tincantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:14 PM   #125
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tincantom View Post
The "lady" in question is certainly deserving of a grievance. Actually isn't this type of behavoir exactly what the Grievance Committee was originally established for?
If someone didn't deck her for doing that then they should file a formal complaint. Start using their own system against them!
Tom,

You are correct, however, Leo chose not to file a grievance and now it is too late.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 08:21 PM   #126
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkerfoot View Post
Tom,

You are correct, however, Leo chose not to file a grievance and now it is too late.

Bill
I'm sure Leo chose not to file for good reason as the cause of the splash would have come to light. In spite of how rude her actions, I'm sure she felt she was defending her husband's honor based on derogatory words Leo had put out in the webosphere about him.

As my mother always said...two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 PM   #127
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
Whoa, whoa, whoa... To what events are you speaking of?
_
I thought I saw a post at SaveWally a long time ago where you called him 'dim witted' or something along that line which is what got her dander up. I'm sure I have it wrong.

I am just glad you have shed some light here on the circumstances as this is the first I have heard you say anything on the subject. And for the record, I never said she was justified in her actions.

So now we only need to know why you didn't file a grievance against them. Wouldn't that have helped your case any?
Old 03-30-2010, 10:34 PM   #128
Rivet Master

1993 34' Excella
1962 16' Bambi
New Haven , Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65GT View Post
I never would have brought any of this up as a member, but you pushed the wrong button as we're now non-members. Curse you Morrison! __
Leo, sorry to push your button on this but I appreciate the better understanding of what went down. This speculative conversation has been going on for a while now.

I'm certain that most, if not everyone, here sympathizes with your situation. You've done so much good for the club and get dumped on, literally, for the effort.

I look forward to camping with you and Gail this summer.