Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-04-2011, 01:30 PM   #81
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
At this point registration for the 2012 rally should be open.
Are we set for another all 30 amp $500 rally or are there any other options for 2012.
Any body at the rally have this info??
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #82
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Then as long as I am asking, though this may be too far flung from the top, but how about unit and intraclub officers lists, are they available? And now I am going to be downright inquisitive and ask if there is a committee and volunteer list available and if there is any one who would care to approximate just how many WBCCI members may hold positions in any single given year? And if I am forgetting any chapter or branch of WBCCI please also point that out as well.
If you are willing to comb through it, most of that information is available in the annual WBCCI directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
It is the recognized ratio to membership total that I would think extremely high. And while the spirit of volunteerism is both necessary and commendable, there is such a thing as too many cooks and in a small kitchen at one time to be effective.
I would agree with you that the ratio of volunteers to members is quite high. I have long observed that most church committees seem to exist for the purpose of giving members something to do, and in some cases to confer a sense of importance to people who don't otherwise have any. I would say that the same tends to be true of WBCCI.

Now as to "too many cooks", that is not a problem because the vast majority are at the unit level and have no effect outside their own units.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 02:45 PM   #83
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
The outstanding unit awards give credit for every committee person. The same person can be counted multiple times. Having plenty of committees is a leg up toward getting another gold streamer for the unit flag.

Let's see, I need a happy hour chairman, a board game chairman, a bean-bag baseball chairman, etc, etc. Ka-ching, Ka-ching!
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 07:02 PM   #84
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
The outstanding unit awards give credit for every committee person. The same person can be counted multiple times. Having plenty of committees is a leg up toward getting another gold streamer for the unit flag.

Let's see, I need a happy hour chairman, a board game chairman, a bean-bag baseball chairman, etc, etc. Ka-ching, Ka-ching!
That's right! This year I have appointed a special Alcoholic Beverage Committee in our unit and a Troublemaking Committee. That latter may give them a little heartburn. . .
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1967 26' Overlander
Winston Salem , North Carolina
We do not have trouble makers in this club
Corresponding Secretary Piedmont NC Unit 161,
1967 Overlander International.
1979 Avion 30ft rear bath
TV's 88 Chevy Suburban 454, 3:42, TH400
95 Cadillac FW Brougham, LT1,3:42, 7k tow pk.
Silverwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:03 PM   #86
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Is that some sort of religious ceremony? Are those four upside down coffee cups? That black elongated pyramid in the middle certainly looks like some obscure religious icon. Is that a plate of cheesecake slices being held above the pyramid? Does the cheesecake have something to do with Wally's spirit? Perhaps the pyramid focuses the coffee cup caffeine energy and energizes the cheesecake so the participants can survive another year.

Are yellow shirts more important than white shirts? Red jackets more important than brown jackets? Why don't they all wear berets?

Was this photographed at a nursing home, second childhood division?

I have so much to learn. I don't own clothes like that anymore and I'm glad of it. I'm sure there are lots of clothes like them at the ARC store should we ever choose this option. If every new Airstream owner were sent photos like this, probably about 1% of them would even consider joining. I wish reformers luck, but you've got a long hard road ahead of you. Try the cheesecake, it'll keep you going.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #87
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
I wonder what year that was taken? jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #88
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Last week
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:30 PM   #89
Wheels Itch)(Must Travel

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
- east coastal area - , Florida
but honestly - don't we all have our little club rules and regs?
aren't we all follow good established procedues and due process?

for example:

we want important serious surroundings to conduct business
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6993.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	230.5 KB
ID:	134107

with a lot of pomp and circumstance and flags

Name:	DSC00039.JPG
Views:	115
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	134108

maybe raise a toast or two to past, current and future club members

Name:	100_7002.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	390.2 KB
ID:	134109

followed by a brief siesta to get ready for later activities

Name:	100_7010.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	134111

like the formal regalia that is so necessary on such ocassions

Name:	100_8972 - Copy.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	280.1 KB
ID:	134110

and lastly - a fond nod to our steering committee, without which we
would really have no direction

Name:	steering committee.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	134112
[CENTER][I]
az-streamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 06:40 PM   #90
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Last week? Wow and I missed all the fun!!jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 07:10 PM   #91
Rivet Master

I think the worst thing we could do for the WBCCI is to save it in its current form unless some "MAJOR" changes were to happen and no one can see that coming anytime soon, even if you had changed the Constitution. Many members really don’t care what is happening at the “International” level, don’t like sending many $$$$’s for the boys to travel around, get next to nothing for all the $$$’s sent to HQ, etc… Most enjoy the “local” side of the house and think that’s where the real value is in the club. What maybe best for the WBCCI is to let it die, dissolve its remaining assets and purchase the naming rights at the court house steps. This would allow a investor/investors to run the club in such a way that would/could appeal to all Airstream owners and be profitable.

This group could create a club that provides value with newsletter/magazines, insurance for rallies, host regional rallies, discounts for Airstream parts, campgrounds, etc…. Caravans and the like. The insurance alone for rallies would be worth the price of admission for groups of people that like to get together in a rally environment throughout the year.

Just think, you could cut the dues by 25% or more just by not having to give the boys there travel $$’s and still keep the fulltime staff, etc…

It’s just a shame we’ll have to watch a bunch of people blow through a million bucks before it can be done.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:48 PM   #92
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Doesn't WBCCI's Insurance cover Unit Rallies? The coverage does not extend to Buddy Rallies.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 03:01 PM   #93
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaylejoe View Post
Doesn't WBCCI's Insurance cover Unit Rallies? The coverage does not extend to Buddy Rallies.
The coverage does include buddy rallies. That is why there are regulations defining buddy rallies.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 03:35 AM   #94
4 Rivet Member

2004 28' International CCD
Birmingham , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene
Is that some sort of religious ceremony? Are those four upside down coffee cups? That black elongated pyramid in the middle certainly looks like some obscure religious icon. Is that a plate of cheesecake slices being held above the pyramid? Does the cheesecake have something to do with Wally's spirit? Perhaps the pyramid focuses the coffee cup caffeine energy and energizes the cheesecake so the participants can survive another year.

Are yellow shirts more important than white shirts? Red jackets more important than brown jackets? Why don't they all wear berets?

Was this photographed at a nursing home, second childhood division?

I have so much to learn. I don't own clothes like that anymore and I'm glad of it. I'm sure there are lots of clothes like them at the ARC store should we ever choose this option. If every new Airstream owner were sent photos like this, probably about 1% of them would even consider joining. I wish reformers luck, but you've got a long hard road ahead of you. Try the cheesecake, it'll keep you going.

Gene

1978 Peoples Temple Agricultural Project
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3482157185.png
Views:	104
Size:	741.6 KB
ID:	134233  
UAPachyderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:14 AM   #95
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post

Just think, you could cut the dues by 25% or more just by not having to give the boys there travel $$’s
That doesn't amount to 25%, it's less than 10%

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 06:43 AM   #96
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAPachyderm View Post
1978 Peoples Temple Agricultural Project

What is the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project

Airdreamers

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #97
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by airdreamers View Post
What is the Peoples Temple Agricultural Project
Jonestown.

Maybe you'd better not eat the cheesecake.

Gene
Old 07-08-2011, 08:35 AM   #98
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Be a WBCCI Torch Carrier!

We are looking for four WBCCI members to carry a plastic torch from their hometowns to the 2011 International Rally in Du Quoin, IL

Name:	torch.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	134239

I wonder if they had to travel with their propane turned off for safety. I suspect those crossing bridges had to make a detour because of open fire limitations.

There really are some funny shots there, they do have a good sense of humor, like lighting the birthday cake and the fireeater, etc. Now if they only had a knome they would be considered "mainstreamers." It might have been wise not to let some of those play with fire...

As I have said before the vintage parade and Open House is the best the International has to offer. Too bad that can't be expanded to include all Airstreamers and not just vintage owners and we might have one stronger club. Those pictures of the Opening Flag Ceremony are plain scarey. Maybe when I was flying up as a Brownie or a flag barrer in the Junior Unit of VFW those visuals would have been appropriate, but even then that was 50 years ago... Can you imagine if everyone on the internet had to declare alliegiance from every where they hail from? The world is a different place these days. We are the world and we are connected. You can't expect that trailerites will bring and spread peace and unity in the world that Wally traveled.

From Wally's creed...noteworthy to see that the Airstream product was at the core of WBCCI beliefs for any sob moho promoters that say WBCCI is about their friends and not a "rusty bucket of bolts." or Airstream trailer.

Quote:
*To play some part in promoting international goodwill and understanding among the peoples of the world through person-to-person contact.

*To refine and perfect our product by continuous travel-testing over the highways and byways of the world.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 08:44 AM   #99
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
How did I miss the 4 plastic torches? The lamestream media has failed again. Do these have plastic flames lit by batteries, or are those real flames?

As for the ceremonial photos, it looked like something from a banana republic—the march of the retired officers of the presidential guards.

I must have been isolated too long in this rural backwater. I had thought the 21st century had come, but apparently somewhere in North America certain people who died in the '50's have been given a special serum to allow them to come back and bring us back to the '50's. I always thought zombies had grey complexion and never smiled; modern science is amazing, isn't it? We'll ban that rock 'n' roll yet! I don't have those '50's clothes, but maybe I can wear doctoral robes to these things. I never did have a chance to wear that academic regalia before.

Gene
Old 07-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #100
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
I am glad the picture has finally been explained. I had no idea what it was.
Now if some one can tell me how to look at the Facebook links with out having to sign up.? It let me look at a couple pictures before shutting me off
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci