Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #1
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Exclamation Leo G terminated!

This was just sent to us.

They had a hearing without his presence, ex parte!

This really is getting out of hand.

Is this the last straw?

Old 02-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I'm having trouble getting your take.

This is getting out of hand is followed by a smiley face with a beret emoticon, but then you say this is the last straw and it has an angry emoticon. Are you generally angry or is there some humor in this?

From what I was reading on SW and other forums, Leo was talking about not paying dues or withholding renewal or something. Is this worse? My take was that like Rob, Steve, Frank, Tim and a few others that are disenfranchised with WBCCI had left or were in process of leaving. I would have thought Leo wouldn't have been too far behind on his own steam.

It's never a nice thing when you get dropped off a the next corner, but perhaps he'll be happier, Rob and the others seem to be.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:40 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
I am stunned. This cannot be. How do you expell someone under probation? And what part of this was enabled by the past Mid-Winter IBT and sidebars and the motions and business that was conducted that we did and did not hear on the simulcast in that combination of motions that progressed without much discussion or explanation?

Eric, even schools are being taken to task because they are punishing students for online communications and the school's scope of discipline does not extend to what students do and say in their free time. This is America. What you are saying ought to raise everyone's ire! It isn't up to our leadship to decide who can and can't be a member based upon what decisions are and have been based upon.

photography
Old 02-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Wow

Is this true? No way. Leo's been the "Stay WBCCI" voice - don't they get it?

Let's get this straight.. for an organization that's literally DYING for members, they TERMINATE an immediate Past Unit President of the Metro NY. I stood with Leo (Metro NY President) last year as WDCU President, fighting for changes that would IMPROVE the club for the future. I guess they see it as something else. The two guys that stood from Region 2 in the front row at International in Wisconsin are gone... oh my!

Something should be said where two Immediate Past Unit Presidents (one on his own doing resigning from the club) and one TERMINATED (not of his own doing (I know, some will argue that one)) are out of the club, two that were definately in the know and two that had good ideas.. this should tell all you "I staying to work from the inside" folks that THINGS are really screwed up.

Hey Leo, what's the WDCU and Metro NY together, like 150 members... get NEU to join (what, another 75 members (am I close).... woah - good by IBT and and 225 members.. and ~ $15k.... oh how they'd like that one!!!

I hope the mighty TITANTIC has enough life boats!

WOW WOW WOW...

So Leo, what happening with Pocono now... a great opportunity (that I can say I was gonna be bumming that I miss) for the WBCCI squandered away... these guys just don't get it!!

Leo, you can come and camp with me anytime my friend!!!
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 02-11-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Is this true? No way. Leo's been the "Stay WBCCI" voice - don't they get it?
I'm not looking for an argument here, but where in fact has Leo been the Stay WBCCI voice? I've seen a number of his posts here and on SW and few that I can recall had any positives or constructive criticisms. I could be wrong here, I just don't recall it the same way you are....
Old 02-11-2010, 11:50 AM   #6
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
I also don't want to see this thread engage in lateral argument. I would like to know more about what has happened to Leo specifically.

photography
Old 02-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I also don't want to see this thread engage in lateral argument. I would like to know more about what has happened to Leo specifically.
Perhaps Leo will say, because I know about as much as you do. I read it here first.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:59 AM   #8
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
I'm not looking for an argument here, but where in fact has Leo been the Stay WBCCI voice? I've seen a number of his posts here and on SW and few that I can recall had any positives or constructive criticisms. I could be wrong here, I just don't recall it the same way you are....
My whole "Good-bye WBCCI" thread, was that I was on the outside.. Leo picthed everytime, STAY - work from the inside. That cannot be argued and I'm not gonna argue that...

Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 02-11-2010, 12:11 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Well the axe is coming down on more heads stay tuned,As Norm Bue said at the 2008 regional in PEI Canada, we went quality not quantity in the wbcci.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu https://fire1.smugmug.com
Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 PM   #10
Administrator

1961 16' Bambi
Dallas , Texas
Sorry to hear that the aristocracy threw you out. This should serve as fair warning for other plebites who attempt to encourage change.

Maybe the next step will be to remove term limits and switch to red berets like this guy?
Old 02-11-2010, 12:15 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Silverwinkie

I am missing something here. You seam to defend WBCCI more strongly than most on this forum but when I look at your profile I do not see any notation of your being a member of WBCCI

Not that I would deny you the right to defend anything it just puzzles me that if you were willing to give up $70.00 or so that you wouldn't be proud enough of that to note it in your signature.

I post this here because the one and only tread I ever posted on that other forum you had removed. So my comments are limited to areas of free press.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #12
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
My whole "Good-bye WBCCI" thread, was that I was on the outside.. Leo picthed everytime, STAY - work from the inside. That cannot be argued and I'm not gonna argue that...

Rob
Ok, in all honesty, I just went through all 51 pages and counted roughly 15 posts that Leo posted. My take is different, but I will agree it's unfortunate. Not sure I would compare it to Hugo Chavez, but that's the beauty of owning your own forum, you get to say whatever you want to say.

Hey and I'm not defending anything here. I'm simply calling it like I see it. I don't have to defend it cause I have no dog in this race. Everything I've stated is what is out there for anyone to see and left for the reader to draw their own conclusions from.... if some of my opinions get mixed in, take it at face value cause opinions are like behinds, everyone has got one....
Old 02-11-2010, 12:19 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
O.K. there is something going on here. I just got a call from an unidentified man (the 3rd I have received from him). He calls on an unlisted number, will not identify himself and he tells me (yesterday) that I am going to be kicked out of the club. He states that there is some sort of new list, which he has just happened to see, that is for disgruntled members and my name is on it. He says then that I am going to get kicked out.... He sounds just like Jim Franklin to tell you the truth, I will always remember that "Stand Down" order he gave my wife at the delegates meeting. That voice is burned in my brain.

Today he calls again, just minutes ago, he again will not identify himself and says "You see what happened to Leo, you are next". He tells me to quit today (why should I if I am going to be kicked out anyway).

I have no idea what is going on with Leo but I am assuming it is not good news for Leo.

If WBCCI wants us out, they need not worry - we have no intention of renewing our 3 memberships - period. End of discussion...

I do, however, have a real issue with someone who is apparently "In the know" placing anonymous calls threatening me. That is so chicken "you know what" to do that. It seems apparent that there are a lot of back door conversations and activities going on within the organization, most of which likely violates the club's own bylaws and constitution.

Message to WBCCI - you want me out - just ask.... But ask me to my face, identify yourself, you do not have to hide behind a "Mystery Man".
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 02-11-2010, 12:33 PM   #14
Rivet Master

These songs came to mind.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:34 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Buttercup, thats so sad, I thought it is beneath someone in the club to do this harassment.The War is just starting, the guillotine is coming down.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu https://fire1.smugmug.com
Old 02-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
See - SEE - SEEEEE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
O.K. there is something going on here. I just got a call from an unidentified man (the 3rd I have received from him). He calls on an unlisted number, will not identify himself and he tells me (yesterday) that I am going to be kicked out of the club. He states that there is some sort of new list, which he has just happened to see, that is for disgruntled members and my name is on it. He says then that I am going to get kicked out.... He sounds just like Jim Franklin to tell you the truth, I will always remember that "Stand Down" order he gave my wife at the delegates meeting. That voice is burned in my brain.

Today he calls again, just minutes ago, he again will not identify himself and says "You see what happened to Leo, you are next". He tells me to quit today (why should I if I am going to be kicked out anyway).

I have no idea what is going on with Leo but I am assuming it is not good news for Leo.

If WBCCI wants us out, they need not worry - we have no intention of renewing our 3 memberships - period. End of discussion...

I do, however, have a real issue with someone who is apparently "In the know" placing anonymous calls threatening me. That is so chicken "you know what" to do that. It seems apparent that there are a lot of back door conversations and activities going on within the organization, most of which likely violates the club's own bylaws and constitution.

Message to WBCCI - you want me out - just ask.... But ask me to my face, identify yourself, you do not have to hide behind a "Mystery Man".
WOW - Resign now... do not give them the satisifaction of getting their way... others should follow.. they want QUALITY - give them QUALITY... a chicken **** quality...

Man, they took your money though, didn't they.. I wonder, if the mystery man is correct, if you will get YOUR $$$$ back... I bet not - they need mileage money.

WOW - WOW - WOW!!!
Courtesy parking

Old 02-11-2010, 01:01 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
Buttercup, isn't what that person did illegal? Could you file a report with the police? That seems like something verging on harassment. Seems to me that the police could check phone records and lay charges.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:02 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Did you say you recorded it and can it be traced? This is rich. Almost too good to be hoped for.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no! They want you out is quite besides the point. Someone has just handed you the keys to the kingdom. Work on it. I wonder who it is that would be vocal enough and has enough gall to speak so foolishly? This should be in the scandal sheets and live on Fox. I guess WBCCI is fun afterall.

Resign my foot. This is just getting good Tim. You have them, don't let them off the hook so easily. Threats? Get all the documentation you can. Oust this self inportant above the rules administration once and for all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

photography
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #19
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
No, Rob - if they want me out, let them say it to my face.

I think the reality is this - if I am going to be kicked out, on what basis? I have no actions against me that I know of (other than the Cease and Desist letter), Although I have had a grievance filed against me, it was dismissed.
The Mystery Caller kept telling me to resign today - he said it over and over despite the fact that I said that we were not going to renew. I have the impression that someone finds my presence in the club an irritant and a deterrent to a "quality membership.
Like I said, you want ME gone - just ask me. Tell me to my face that my contributions to WBCCI and the VAC are substandard to your "Quality" desires and my wife and I will be gone. just ask...

It did not record it - it was on my cell phone and likely not an ileagal activity as my life was not threatened. It was just an old man who was somewhat breathless in his excitement harassing me. Too scared to identify himself. What quality of person is that?
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 02-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #20
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvertwinkie View Post
Ok, in all honesty, I just went through all 51 pages and counted roughly 15 posts that Leo posted. My take is different, but I will agree it's unfortunate. Not sure I would compare it to Hugo Chavez, but that's the beauty of owning your own forum, you get to say whatever you want to say.

Hey and I'm not defending anything here. I'm simply calling it like I see it. I don't have to defend it cause I have no dog in this race. Everything I've stated is what is out there for anyone to see and left for the reader to draw their own conclusions from.... if some of my opinions get mixed in, take it at face value cause opinions are like behinds, everyone has got one....
Your motives are EXTREMELY suspect.... You obviously read a different book than most because Leo's message was VERY clear. He stated it over and over and over. Work from within. Now he will be working from the outside and no longer as an ally.

Leo, If you want to take them to court, I have $200 towards your legal fund.
Closed Thread