Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2010, 06:15 PM   #121
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Wow great responses. My only deal with live time chat is a matter of a time conflict of obligations. I am hoping an e-mail list of sorts with a window of a number of hours over several days to review and reply will eventually evolve. If on demand is popular then so be it but I prefer a time span to stay onboard rather than miss finite opportunities. There also seems to be an inherent difference in the communication of a post and a chat reply as to the continuity of the subject matter. Or is that just my impression?

I am also hoping we can collaberate on a NOVA rally as members together after the first two scheduled rallies have been held.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:39 PM   #122
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
As it stands those that are signing up are doing so on the baisis of not knowing who is signing up and without the benefit of getting to know one another. As you have mentioned, Dan, there is a lot of opinion circulating about the WBCCI right now and I think it would be a definite plus to add the addition of personalities and friendship onto the premise of this new internet unit. I think we could all agree that a few gregarious sorts can add much interest and many converts. So to be proactive we may need to get busier and more personally involved! It's internet we can move quickly.

photography
Old 01-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #123
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
I think we could all agree that a few gregarious sorts can add much interest and many converts. So to be proactive we may need to get busier and more personally involved! It's internet we can move quickly.
So true. The beauty and attractiveness of NOVA.
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #124
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Ahh... Jason... a cohort? We don't need no stinkin' approval to raise Cain now do we?

photography
Old 01-01-2010, 08:19 PM   #125
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Lacey , Washington
Dan,

For some of us who are new to the AS Forum (like my wife and I) we did not even see your post until today (1/1/10). May I suggest that you extend your window to join this group until the end of Jan, 2010. This would give time for all to read your proposal. Also, can members of local or regional AS clubs be members of the NOVA club? Can one be a member of NOVA and the local AS clud?
Thanks,
jjairstream@gmail.com
jjustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #126
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Ahh... Jason... a cohort? We don't need no stinkin' approval to raise Cain now do we?
cohort? I am an affiliate, or at least that's what WBCCI likes to call it. I owe DanB $1 next time I see him. If this would have been started 1 year ago I likely would have been a charter member. However, I am WDCU since NOVA didn't exist then.

I'm always one to incite discussion. Discussion is healthy. I will push a topic even if I don't agree with it just to get people to discuss the pros and cons.

In these times where the topic of dislike for various parts of the WBCCI is often raised, I think it's great that NOVA is being created. 10 years from now I hope that many units of the WBCCI consolidate or otherwise copy the precedent that is set by NOVA. I think we all see the right steps that the WBCCI needs to pursue, it's just a matter of who wants to progress toward where and how fast. I think that the way people talk on the AirForums right now about WDCU, 4CU, NEU, Detroit Metro, and similar others will be the way that people talk 5-10 years from now about NOVA and similar units that follow the way and maybe improve ??? on the way NOVA is/was created.

-Jason
Old 01-01-2010, 08:40 PM   #127
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Which raises further comment. How does NOVA stand on the current motions being submitted to the IBT? I don't know if it was during chat or in this thread that Dan B said he has decided to avoid controversy. How will we effect change as a group in Nova? Also how can officers be voted in without becoming familiar with each other in the unit? I think this is an unfortuitous delay. I do not think a session in chat will support enough info to make wise decisions. I think we should get on with serious discussion. Perhaps we can add our names to a roster as they do with Air Forums' rallies to see who is who. It's enough to pledge your allegience to the WBCCI at a possible $75.00 dollars a year, without even knowing who is in your new unit to boot!

photography
Old 01-02-2010, 07:56 AM   #128
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Which raises further comment. How does NOVA stand on the current motions being submitted to the IBT? I don't know if it was during chat or in this thread that Dan B said he has decided to avoid controversy. How will we effect change as a group in Nova? Also how can officers be voted in without becoming familiar with each other in the unit? I think this is an unfortuitous delay. I do not think a session in chat will support enough info to make wise decisions. I think we should get on with serious discussion. Perhaps we can add our names to a roster as they do with Air Forums' rallies to see who is who. It's enough to pledge your allegience to the WBCCI at a possible $75.00 dollars a year, without even knowing who is in your new unit to boot!
Man, overnight and no one commented on this.

I have submitted my "opinion" on each of the 26 motions for the winter IBT to my current Unit of WDCU. If everyone is interested, I can post my responses here but I am sure that they do not represent the feelings of all in the proposed NOVA unit. Which becomes a second point...NOVA doesn't have a stand on any motions right now because NOVA is not yet a unit and won't be until July at the earliest. So the "stand" of NOVA is kinda a moot point. I understand though that you're just trying to gauge the feeling of your fellow members of NOVA.

It would be nice to have NOVA somewhat reserved from the ongoing arguments about the WBCCI. I'm glad DanB has managed to keep it out of this thread. We are discussing NOVA issues here, arguments about core WBCCI issues are going on in other threads. If NOVA were being formed by WBCCI haters, then I doubt we would be looking to become a unit of the WBCCI. If someone is joining NOVA, one had best have the attitude of promoting change (if you want to get into the political side of things) from within rather than bash & leave. Granted, if you read my posts elsewhere you know that I'm really on the bash & about-ready-to-leave side of things; but for me NOVA would be what would pull me back over to the stick around and work for change type of attitude.

My hope is that NOVA can introduce positive changes in the WBCCI by being a model for new units and by being a unit united for change in the right direction rather than being split to the point that no motions or ideas get past the president's Inbox.

Clearly there will need to be some face to face meetings before we elect officers, but keep in mind that our unit could be formed no earlier than July. There's a lot of time to camp between now and then. Dan has already posted at the NOVA site that there will likely be a NOVA campout early this year. Perhaps we should start talking about where and when now? I don't see this as a delay because this would all occur well before the July possibility of a charter.

Dan: you do need to get a list up on the NOVA site as to who has pledged their membership and affiliation to NOVA so that we all know who's here. AirForums user names would be helpful with each name on the page, too.

Let's hope the $75/yr gets stymied for another year at least!

-Jason
Old 01-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #129
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Hi Carol,

You are very correct about everyone getting to know each other. I very much look forward to it. In an effort to respect the privacy of all members, I invite those that have joined to intoduce themselves. I feel publishing a full roster publically might be objectionable to some. Everyone will get a copy of all the information that will be sent to the WBCCI very soon. Probably before Monday.

On the application everyone filled out, I had a few check boxes regarding privacy. Once I go through those I will be better equiped to publish info.

Regarding controversy: I'm more concerned with having fun. I do believe that NOVA can accomplish more with a cooperative attitude than by coming in guns firing.

A time and place may come when a statement will need to be made. During our provisional period probably isn't it. We probably will be asking for the IBT to approve a few dramatic changes to the standard bylaws and constitution. This will be much easier for them to do if we are viewed as non-hostile.

In truth, thats the kinda of unit I want NOVA to be. Non-hostile, cooperative, progressive, and fun. This doesn't mean that we won't be vocal. I just think our methods of communication and unit management will become a visable model that will be noted.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 09:03 AM   #130
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Two very clear statements from both Dan and Jason. Thanks for the in depth replies. That was exactly the kind of thing I was hoping for. Much like meeting face to face in a traditional unit, an internet unit will be enabling members and perhaps interested people in getting to know the individuals of the unit better. I am anxious to see the personality emerge of the NOVA unit.

photography
Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 AM   #131
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
In an effort to respect the privacy of all members, I invite those that have joined to intoduce themselves.
I'll start this...
  • Jason & Andrea Grendahl, sons Parker (3.5 yrs) and Mason (1.5)
  • bought our first Airstream in Feb 2009, a '74 Overlander rear bath, double mid-ship bed
  • joined the WDCU of WBCCI in April 2009
  • affiliate to NOVA if/when approved, likely will transfer to full membership some time later
  • live in Jeromesville, OH which is officially in the middle of nowhere, but in real world terms we're about 15 min. from the I-71 and US-250 (Ashland) intersection.
  • traveled extensively last year and encountered many issues with our "new" camper, this winter many things are being redone as a result. We'll have a 50% new camper when March / April rolls around.
Old 01-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #132
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
us

I will go second!

Larry and I are both retired now. We have one daughter who is on her own and lives across the street. Loren wishes to inherit the Argosy.

2002 or 03-We inherited the 1978 Argosy Minuet and started its journey back to a better life. Larry and I joined airforums to do the research on how to get started on its new childhood. We only traveled to a few rallies and campgrounds cuz we were caregivers for my folks.

Bought the 1989 Excella 1000 29 footer in 2009 after the passing of my mom. The Excella is excellent!
Spent last summer getting out quite a bit and having a blast camping at informal gatherings with campers from airforums.

We live just off of the Ohio Turnpike, I-480 and near to I-71 in the village of LaGrange. We invite folks to stop at our courtesy parking spot in the driveway where they just might end up in the midst of driveway "rally" in our backyard.

We are not WBCCI and had no reason to join since we were very happy with our informal airforums gatherings and meeting new folks from here. But the more we spoke to DanB at campouts the more we were convinced that NOVA is a good forward thinking way to go! But no matter which way that goes we are going to continue to be here and camping with friends that we have met along the way. We hope to make some more good friends this year!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #133
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Brad and I got into Airstreaming and WBCCI in 2004. We have gone to many rallies, WBCCI internationals, IBT Mid-Winter, region and local rallies and many forum rallies near and far, and JC's HomeComings and a few informal caravans. I also enjoyed the Women's We Can Tow It rallies. We like to travel and hope to get back to having more opportunity to do so in the future. For now our early retirement has been put on hold while we try to reenter the workforce. We tried our first work camping gigs this past summer and may be doing more of that coming up.

Our kids are grown so now we dote on fur babies, one german shepherd, Koa; one bordercollie/lab mix, Orie; and a big yellow striped cat, KeeKee. We like photography, bicycle riding, hiking and going new places and meeting new people and catching up with old friends.

photography
Old 01-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #134
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Good Luck Dan, and I hope to see you down the road soon!
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 05:21 PM   #135
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
Bought the 1989 Excella 1000 29 footer in 2009 after the passing of my mom. The Excella is excellent!
So how's the new Excella being stored? Did you make space in the barn and remove the Argy? Parking the Excella in the camping spots? Put up a new barn?

We gotta do a season opener again this year. The weather was uncommonly great that last weekend in March last year. Hopefully we can get that again. Would be great to show you guys the improvements to the AS and evacuate the antifreeze into your "dump station". I suppose you guys come come south to our place, too. Or maybe we do it all at a campground if they'll let us hook up to the water. We'll see.
Old 01-02-2010, 10:42 PM   #136
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
1989 29' Excella
Lorain County , Ohio
Send a message via AIM to loudruff Send a message via MSN to loudruff Send a message via Yahoo to loudruff
storage

The Argosy is in Loren's camping spot next to her garage. The Excella is currently parked in our camping spot. Larry had a paint booth set up in the barn, and the Caddy is in there so that he can heat the garage space to work on Loren's van. He has not cleared enough space out there as of yet. We have been talking about another garage, but can't justify that cost yet. (I will keep talking tho! LOL!) Guess we would rather be camping than building. Been there, done that!
We would love to have a season opener here, or at a campground, if the weather cooperates. Last weekend of March sounds good right now. We will cross our fingers.
April is already booked up. We are planning our way to the Springstream rally and then the Dogwoods and Blue Grass rally. We did not have a chance to do long range planning before, so this is all new to us!
Air #2695
TAC- OH 2
#1420 NOVA 4-006 Charter member

loudruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:05 AM   #137
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by loudruff View Post
We are planning our way to the Springstream rally and then the Dogwoods and Blue Grass rally. We did not have a chance to do long range planning before, so this is all new to us!
I'm jealous. I LOVED springstream. I would LOVE to go back. But, Andrea talked me out of it this year due to the time and cost. We went down I-71 to I-75. Once you get within 50 miles, you have two choices. You go up and over a big hill with lots of curves on a barely 2 lane road, or you meander your way through a state park reserve with hundred of trucks and tourists. Have fun. Nevertheless, it's worth it. Awesome setting, awesome campground. Great area.
Old 01-03-2010, 09:55 AM   #138
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Introductions Please

Hi everyone. I just started a new thread for introductions. Please stop over & introduce yourself if you've signed up with NOVA.

Ricky

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 PM   #139
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
A quick reminder that NOVA will be having an informal chat in the chat room at 8 tonight.

I intend on giving an update and maybe we can through out some season opener ideas.
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:12 PM   #140
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
Hi,
When you give a chat time could you please give what time zone the hour is?
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote