Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #81

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefly2 View Post
Monah-

It would be helpful - in your current position - if you could clarify the mystery of travel expen$e reimbursement for officers at various levels ...
Just did....see answer above.
Hope that helps
M
monah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:31 PM   #82
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
The corporate name and the tradesman need not be the same. If a transition is going on, expect it to be gradual as people get used to it.

I have seen complaints about the travel budget for years. Unless only the wealthiest are to be leaders, asking officers to pay their way to meetings they have to go to as part of their responsibilities is unfair. It looks like some of the reimbursements are quite low or nonexistent. Being an officer or board member takes a tremendous amount of time in any fairly large nonprofit and can be quite expensive as well. Sometimes people attack the travel budgets because they don't like the officers or board members—that's not fair either. A lot of people travel for fun or to learn stuff, but going to meetings is not the kind of travel most people want to do very much of, so asking volunteers to pay for that is to discourage good people from running for any office.

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:59 PM   #83

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
The corporate name and the tradesman need not be the same. If a transition is going on, expect it to be gradual as people get used to it.

I have seen complaints about the travel budget for years. Unless only the wealthiest are to be leaders, asking officers to pay their way to meetings they have to go to as part of their responsibilities is unfair. It looks like some of the reimbursements are quite low or nonexistent. Being an officer or board member takes a tremendous amount of time in any fairly large nonprofit and can be quite expensive as well. Sometimes people attack the travel budgets because they don't like the officers or board members—that's not fair either. A lot of people travel for fun or to learn stuff, but going to meetings is not the kind of travel most people want to do very much of, so asking volunteers to pay for that is to discourage good people from running for any office.
Thank you for the response Gene. I would also add that when "we don't know what we don't know" it's easy to make assumptions. By exploring ways to improve existing processes, it is our goal to address roadblocks which discourage good people from running for office.

M
Old 02-12-2019, 12:40 PM   #84
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene View Post
The corporate name and the tradesman need not be the same.
Thanks to spell checker, a constant source of wry amusement, "trade name" became "tradesman". Every state has a process for registering a trade name different or the same as the corporate name. Do not confuse with "trade mark" which is like a logo, not necessarily a word or words. They can also be registered (thus, registrada marca or the symbol "TM"). Some can also be done on the federal level. If you find this at all interesting, go to law school and find out a lot more things to enthrall people at cocktail parties.

I will add that years ago people complained about WBCCI dues—I think they were around $55. That was pretty low for membership in such organizations, especially one comprised of millionaires (the last clause may be untrue, but was fun to write). Organizations hate to raise dues and year after year inflation eats a little more of the income until the dues [I]have[I] to be raised and often a lot, angering everyone.

Wonder what spell checker will do next?

The Airstream is sold; a 2016 Nash 24M replaced it.
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 03:13 PM   #85
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Thanks for the detailed answers Mona.

BTW, I just joined up due to the changes in the WBAC I have become aware of.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #86

2019 27' Globetrotter
1957 16' Bubble
1957 22' Flying Cloud
Hillsboro , Oregon
Goosebumps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
Thanks for the detailed answers Mona.

BTW, I just joined up due to the changes in the WBAC I have become aware of.

Dan
Dan,

Welcome back!!! Your note literally gave me goosebumps and validates our commitment to transparency in action and communication. Feel free to reach out anytime and have an awesome time.

Mona
monaheath@icloud.com
Old 02-14-2019, 02:15 PM   #87
2 Rivet Member

2013 25' FB Flying Cloud
Tallahassee , Florida
Name tags not a bad thing. When I joined my local club in 2016, the tags made me feel more comfortabe knowing everybody's name. Now being with the club for some time, I still wear my tag for the benefit of the new member and visitors.

BTW laid back club, no penalty for not wearing your tag or displaying numbers.

Omega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2019, 07:22 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Our unit has gotten so large (Four Corners Unit) that without name tags I would be totally lost on the names issue. Ii has taken me a long time to learn names my entire life.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:14 PM   #89
Rivet Master

2015 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2013 25' FB Eddie Bauer
2012 20' Flying Cloud
Small Town , *** Big Sky Country ***Western Montana
Thumbs up

Huge thank you to Mona and Terri for clarifying what had been mysterious to many for years ...
Terminal Aluminitis; 2-people w/ 3+ dogs
mefly2 is offline   Reply With Quote