Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1973 29' Ambassador
Talking Happy Camper Report

This was posted by a new member of the Washington CD Unit.

Rob Baker's Installation Rally was the first rally that I have attended. What a fantastic experience it was! I met so many wonderful, fascinating people, made so many new friends, and had a completely enjoyable time. My kids also had the time of their lives, and were quite disappointed when I told them that our next rally won't be until the Cherry Blossom Rally next spring. Unfortunately, I had to work Saturday and Sunday, so I missed out on some of the activities and was unable to be fully immersed in the camaraderie that was so evident all weekend.
However, living so close to the rally site was also a blessing, as I would not have been able to attend if the rally had been held far away. If you were able to take a look at my trailer over the weekend, you could tell that it is very much a "work in progress". My 61 Ambassador is missing it's bedroom, bathroom, all plumbing, electrics, and even it's lower inner skins in the back. I bought the trailer in February and worked through the summer to repair the rusted through frame and rotten floor and get it back on the road. My goal became to attend Rob's installation rally, and with the help of my kids and some wonderful friends, we were able to park in the wagon wheel at North Norwich. My kids have become even more enthusiastic about Airstreams thanks to the rally, and I have been re-energized to continue my trailer's renovation. I have also become enthusiastic about polishing my trailer and making it pretty. I have always liked the aged, pewter patina that a vintage Airstream takes on, but when parked in a field with all of those other gorgeous trailers, mine starts to look a little bit "junky" (as my youngest son, Josh, put it). I assured Josh that with sandblasting and painting the wheels, some baby moon hubcaps, and a whole lot of polishing, out trailer can be just as nice as the other trailers out there. Well, maybe not as nice as Rob Baker's, but still nice. I also assured the boys that there would be plenty of opportunity for them to help me out in the shop and learn how to use all kinds of power tools, especially rotary polishers.
Thank you, WDCU. Thank you for making a new guy feel at home. Thank you for bringing your kids. Thank you for making me feel good about the WBCCI again.

See you at the CBR.
John Kwasnik
Sherburne, NY,_._,___

All is not lost, we can do this !

Daisy
someisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Welcome someisgood, (John and/or Daisy) to the FORUMS. You can bet if Rob Baker and the WDCU have anything to do with a rally that it will be first rate. I hope to be able to enjoy the CBR in '09. I have heard so many great comments about the people and the location, that I do hope to attend more rallies in the coming year.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
No turning back now. You're hooked.