Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
Good Lord Almighty - what's up with everyone?

I've been off this forum and away from wbcci for over 4 years. I came back today to track down a few people to let folks know of the death of one of our "airstream" family members. Everyone is still pissing on each other - the WBCCI is even more screwed up, pages and pages, of whining. Kudos to those that are trying to do something different - TAC, and those organizing things in spite of politics. What the heck would Wally say? With that bullhorn in hand and batteries fully charged... Y'all y'all this is to be fun!
How can so many people have loss such focus? Made things so complicated. My God - we are all so blessed to be able to afford what we have and to travel. Everyone needs a reality check! What good are our travels if all do is suck up gas, get somewhere and whine. Are we that totally self absorbed? When was the last time any of us loaned our trailer to homeless family? Or you that are retired with nothing to do traveled somewhere camped out and helped out? It's just like High School....just more wrinkled and old. It's so very sad. I wish you all well - and in the Spirit Wally - I hope for the demise of the current wbcci so it can be rebuilt to something that promotes good. Let's do something in a consistent manner that our wealth and prestige (real or perceived)will allow - that promotes humanity. I really don't care what you have, how shinny or big it is, how retired you are - but the quality and content of your character, how we make others feel in our presence both in camp and in cyberspace. It's about the joy we can bring to each other. The enrichment of our collective lives. The happiness of us helping fulfill our collective wanderlust...
So sad to see such a privileged and blessed group of people truly wasting what matters most... our time, travels, adventures together.
Hugs to those that need a hug and to those too self absorbed, ego inflated fellow community members, may you gently and yet firmly be humbled and re-centered. Remember, that it could all be gone - the stopping of heart, a life changing truck/trailer crash or something else the universe throws at us.
See you down the road...
John
3237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 11:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Hey John, who has passed away, from the Metro Detroit group?

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:31 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
With a heavy heart and many tears I have to say it was our fellow Metro Detroiter, Steve Fuqua.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #4
Rivets?

1992 29' Excella
2010 22' Interstate
Van By The River , Georgia
Hello John,

Thanks for letting us know about the passing of fellow Airstreamers. I noticed on another of Andy's forums they have a subforum category iRV2 Member Memorial - iRV2 Forums dedicated to notifying friends when somebody in the group has died.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3237 View Post
traveled somewhere camped out and helped out? John
Part of your thread struck a chord with me. My wife and I are arranging a Habitat for Humanity Rally in New Orleans between Christmas 2010 and the New Year. For those who may be interested in "paying it forward" please see Airstream Forums - Dec 28-30, 2010 New Orleans Habitat Rally

Lucius
2018 GMC Sierra K1500 SLT, 6.2L, Max Trailering
Got a cooped-up feeling, gotta get out of town, got those Airstream campin' blues...
nvestysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 11:54 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
With a heavy heart and many tears I have to say it was our fellow Metro Detroiter, Steve Fuqua.
Oh that is so sad Rhonda. I have left comments in the Metro Detroit thread along with reposting one of your picture, perhaps one of the last with the group. Always good for a smile and a laugh, Steve's energy and hilarity was always contagious. He will be missed at the campfires. I am sorry for the loss to all friends and family.

Lucius you and your wife are doing a great thing. I hope many more Airstreamers will be able to join you. Life is short and giving back is something I hope we all can make time to do in some way or another and keep that foremost in our hearts and minds. No act of kindness can ever be too small or too large.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #6
1963 Globetrotter

1963 19' Globetrotter
Detroit , Michigan
Thank you all.

I'll pass the messages on to Tom.

Lucis - what a great idea.... I wish you much success... That would make such a cool picture - airstreams surrounding a hfh home... with everyone working...

John
3237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:10 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
Trotwood , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to Mikethefixit
John
I think you said you have been away from it all for a while,so why not come out and see how we do things now. August 20 in Tecumseh. Check with Rhonda,there should always be room for one more. This is gonna be a FUN Rally,IT always is. NO Politics NO BS just FUN COME ON DOWN!
7.3 liter Power Stroke Diesel
1977 27ft OVERLANDER
KA8LMQ
AIR # 22336 TAC- OH-7
May your roads be straight and smooth and may you always have a tailwind!
Mikethefixit is offline   Reply With Quote