Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #241
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by hampstead38 View Post

If I had to pick one word to describe all of this "effecting" change it would be...

Comcastic.
Maybe Bombastically Comcastic.

Usually, internal Corporate problems are discussed at a happy hour.

But, they must get happy after a problem surfaces, you know, another round, until all the problems just float away.

Or so it seems.

It's amazing what a company can get away with, when they have out grown their britches. But.......their working on it!!!!! Working on what???? The problem..........or the next round????

Andy
Old 12-23-2009, 11:13 AM   #242
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
And thus rendering himself powerless to effect change from within.
Thanks Rich the viking..(love that handle) and change will be affected.....

Dave, you'd really send a message if you went to Gillette, did not stay where the IBT has already paid large sums of money, do not give them your $500 and then go into the meetings like you say, and stand there at the door with a sign... by giving them their $$$$, they're just gonna laugh at you... and like my little kids say - walk by with their fingers forming the W - Whatever!

The WBCCI needs some competition.... in due time, there will be an alternative.

Rob
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

Old 12-23-2009, 12:53 PM   #243
Moderator dude

1966 26' Overlander
Phoenix , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by munimula View Post
And thus rendering himself powerless to effect change from within.
Sometimes change from without becomes more effective. Voting with the dollar has been a capitalistic method of voting. And it will get attention.

Look at ...
American Motors Corporation (AMC)
Washington Mutual
Bear Stearns
Montgomery Ward

Heck even GM suffered and filed for protection via the bankruptcy courts, leaving share holders with pretty pieces of paper worth nothing.

When organizations do not change with the people they serve, the people they serve leave for another organization that will serve them. And those people will pay to be served.

>>>>>>>>>>>>Action - a former red number member
Old 12-23-2009, 01:23 PM   #244
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
I've decided to remain a member of the WBCCI. I, also, am not real happy with the current hierarchy of the Club, but I believe that change is on the horizon. I am hoping that the dues increase will not pass. It is still only a proposal.

Lucy likes her big red numbers, and would feel naked without them. We also like the Airstream-only or WBCCI Campgrounds. That benefit alone pay most of our dues.

Brian
What a sad story, Rob we are going to miss you to say the least. Sorry I was late getting to the party but other more life important things have been going on. GO NAVY, beat Army again. I fully undstand Rob's feelings and he will always be the first guy I call when I need (yes, need) another Airstream in the lot. Been there just like you Rob as you know, but I'm hanging in till the end. Yes, the club will expire if it continues on its present course, and it will, but I love our Unit friends and most of the grass roots traditions and I always wanted RED NUMBERS since I saw my first Airstream in 1965. YES! Love those red numbers. We love our friends, Happy Hour and Pot Luck Dinners. Merry Yule and Happy Holidays.
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Old 12-23-2009, 01:42 PM   #245
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Thanks everyone!

Thanks Rick, Thanks Hamp! Thanks Action! Thanks everyone for your support.. and to those who disagree - I respect your position too.

Well, good news.. I was big time on the fence of renewing this year but was convinced too anyway.. so, last week when I resigned, I thought my $55 this year was a sunk cost of doing what I'm doing... and I was kind of irritated with myself giving the IBT a free $55 to plunder away.. but alas, good news.

I requested my dues refund from corporate and got acknowledgement today that after the first of the year, my refund will be on it's way.

"If you are on the fence because you already paid your dues this year, and I know many of you are after hearing from you, and think, well, I've already paid for 2010 - what am I to do? You too can act now and have a direct impact!

Rob
Courtesy parking

Old 12-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #246
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
So we are looking for a way to get the attention of the 90% of the WBCCI that are out there in the dark.

What is the first thing any WBCCI Airstreamer looks for when he see a trailer come at him on the road or walks by in a campground. Those RED NUMBERS.

I am ordering BLUE Forum Numbers for my trailer and will place then above my Red numbers. Just think of the impact if 10 or 15% of the members pulling into Gillette had Blue numbers, other than being backed in the out back, what impact that might stir up.

No I will not be at Gillette but my trailer will be on the road often. Do you think I won't get a conversation or two started with them up there?

Rob I just hope you pick Blue for the numbers once you get things going. I be there early but won't even ask for a low number, I keep 3144.

Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 PM   #247
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
First thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post

What is the first thing any WBCCI Airstreamer looks for when he see a trailer come at him on the road or walks by in a campground.

... hope you pick Blue for the numbers once you get things going.

Howie, 13 PANELS to your first question...

Your second question - Hmmmm... maybe flourescent orange or hunter's burnt orange!
Courtesy parking

Old 12-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #248
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
So we are looking for a way to get the attention of the 90% of the WBCCI that are out there in the dark.

What is the first thing any WBCCI Airstreamer looks for when he see a trailer come at him on the road or walks by in a campground. Those RED NUMBERS.

I am ordering BLUE Forum Numbers for my trailer and will place then above my Red numbers. Just think of the impact if 10 or 15% of the members pulling into Gillette had Blue numbers, other than being backed in the out back, what impact that might stir up.

No I will not be at Gillette but my trailer will be on the road often. Do you think I won't get a conversation or two started with them up there?

Rob I just hope you pick Blue for the numbers once you get things going. I be there early but won't even ask for a low number, I keep 3144.
Howie.

How about a "reflective blue" ?

That would surely out do the red.

Andy
Old 12-23-2009, 02:02 PM   #249
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
Traffic on this post

Rob and Frank, et al. I have watched Forums for a couple of years and I have never seen a subject gather more attention this quickly. (Even more that "Corrosion and Filiform"). Come to think of it, they are on the same subject, just that now the direction is the corrosion of the IBT. After reading all of this thread, it appears that you have hit a nerve. I'm glad that you got tired to being given the mushroom treatment. I remember reading a post by CHIEF a few months ago about his unit. He also had problems with the established garrision. Like you, by being contrary, you would have thought you guys robbed the nuns of the orphan fund.
From what I read on this subject, more power to you.

Randy Bowman
Old 12-23-2009, 02:10 PM   #250
Rivet Master

1960 28' Ambassador
Vintage Kin Owner
1998 25' Safari
Avonton , Ontario
Quote:

Just imagine what an impact if 10 or 15% of the members pulling into Gillette, DIDN"T GO!!!
1950 Spartan
Old 12-23-2009, 02:19 PM   #251
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shacksman View Post
Just imagine what an impact if 10 or 15% of the members pulling into Gillette, DIDN"T GO!!!
Right... 200 short at Madison netted greater than a $100k loss, 400 short in Gillette would be a catastrophic disaster and result in massive change!
Courtesy parking

Old 12-23-2009, 02:24 PM   #252
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1954 25' Cruiser
1990 34.5' Airstream 345
VC Highlands , Nevada
Send a message via Skype™ to Buttercup
Think about this - on these forums, the most contentious issues are the WBCCI issues - nothing I can think of brings about such discontent and heated discussions (except the hitch comparison threads).
Once WBCCI has faded into the dust, these forums will be even better still...
Buttercup's Web Site. WBCCI #17330, 11281 & 7830. VAC Past President, TAC NV-2 & NV-3
Old 12-23-2009, 02:40 PM   #253
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Yes that is an option. But the broader intent here is to get the attention of the IBT. Some have chosen to leave the WBCCI, some have chosen to not to attend the International, some have chosen to go and post opposition at the international.

My comment was a suggestion of another way to possibility get there attention at the International or get the word out to the masses while on the road. To each is own means. A combination of things can't hurt.

If you remember Lee had a 3 prong attack planed at Gettysburg and failed. Maybe a 4th prong would have worked.

I am not ready to leave the WBCCI yet but I am also not just going to go unnoticed. So if I can pi** on there Post Toasties I will.

Old 12-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #254
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
Quote:
Yes that is an option. But the broader intent here is to get the attention of the IBT. Some have chosen to leave the WBCCI, some have chosen to not to attend the International, some have chosen to go and post opposition at the international.

My comment was a suggestion of another way to possibility get there attention at the International or get the word out to the masses while on the road. To each is own means. A combination of things can't hurt.

If you remember Lee had a 3 prong attack planed at Gettysburg and failed. Maybe a 4th prong would have worked.
Lee failed because he was too impressed with himself to listen to the concerns of others who saw the problems in the developing situation. Also his British "advisor" had his ear. IMHO

What you seem to be missing is they intend to spend the money before the train gets to the end of the line. If they can get more along the way, all the better. The only other explanation is they are very very impressed with themselves and their craniums lack polish.

May I suggest that some here put on their helmets less you dent your own red dome.

Merry Christmas with a C
Old 12-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #255
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Battle of Kings Mountain

A true turn of the tide - perhaps!

Thomas Jefferson called it, "The turn of the tide of success." Herbert Hoover's address at Kings Mountain said, "This is a place of inspiring memories. Here less than a thousand men, inspired by the urge of freedom, defeated a superior force intrenched in this strategic position.

It was a little army and a little battle, but it was of mighty portent.

Kings Mountain was a pivotal moment in the history of the American Revolution —the surprising, decisive victory at Kings Mountain was a great boost to Patriot morale.

Take part in today's Kings Mountain!
Courtesy parking

Old 12-23-2009, 03:24 PM   #256
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
1957 22' Custom
1963 16' Bambi
Vacationland , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
Thanks Rick, Thanks Hamp! Thanks Action! Thanks everyone for your support.. and to those who disagree - I respect your position too.

Well, good news.. I was big time on the fence of renewing this year but was convinced too anyway.. so, last week when I resigned, I thought my $55 this year was a sunk cost of doing what I'm doing... and I was kind of irritated with myself giving the IBT a free $55 to plunder away.. but alas, good news.

I requested my dues refund from corporate and got acknowledgement today that after the first of the year, my refund will be on it's way.

"If you are on the fence because you already paid your dues this year, and I know many of you are after hearing from you, and think, well, I've already paid for 2010 - what am I to do? You too can act now and have a direct impact!

Rob
A refund. Talk about customer service!

Try to get a refund from Comcast. Oh that's right, we already know they are evil.

After the regime change is successful will you be returning to the club? Or is it too soon to tell?

My vote on new number colors would be burnt orange....it match my interior colors.

Just sayin'...in case.

Gary
Old 12-23-2009, 03:35 PM   #257
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Too soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari62 View Post
After the regime change is successful will you be returning to the club? Or is it too soon to tell?
Gary, too soon to tell...

Rob - trying to keep up with my mailbox!
Courtesy parking

Old 12-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #258
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by robandzoe View Post
... too soon to tell...
So you're not putting your DCU flag up on ebay just yet?
Old 12-23-2009, 03:48 PM   #259
Rivet Master

Plymouth , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistral blue View Post
So you're not putting your DCU flag up on ebay just yet?

http://cdn.airforums.com/forums/atta...6&d=1261579674
Not yet Don.... with my 7 pole flag pole holder, I've got room to fly it in support of my fellow DCUers plight for change!
Courtesy parking

Old 12-23-2009, 03:56 PM   #260
Certifiable

. , .
Quote:
An anti-rally of 100 'streams in the same locale?!?

That would DEFINITELY get their attention!

Tags
greg gibson, vintage-airstream.com