Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #21
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
If you are a member you will have access to the easy to read directory. I would hope that that is where it ends. If someone denied CP to me because I was not a member I would be happy not to stay at this person's home.
I do not think that will be a problem. WBCCI members who identify themselves on AirForums as providing courtesy parking have already decided not to limit their hospitality to just fellow WBCCI members.

But don't forget, courtesy parking is by invitation; it's a privilege, not a right. You can ask for an invitation, but the host may have reasons for not inviting you that have nothing at all to do with you or your Airstream. Such as the only available courtesy parking spot already being occupied by another traveler, for just one example. Don't take it personally if you ask and get turned down, whether it's a WBCCI member or not.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:17 PM   #22

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftermath View Post
Really? When I registered with Air Forums the question was asked if I was able to offer courtesy parking. I don't remember anything about a requirement having to deny folks who were not members. I would imagine that most of those found in the WBCCI directory are also listed here on the forum. So, suppose I were to call someone on the list to ask for help. Would they have to ask me for the secret handshake before they would help out? I guess it is this kind of silliness that keeps people from joining up.

If you are a member you will have access to the easy to read directory. I would hope that that is where it ends. If someone denied CP to me because I was not a member I would be happy not to stay at this person's home.
The WBCCI courtesy parking list and the AIRForums one surely have some overlap, but there are lots of WBCCI members who aren't on AIRForums at all, and lots of AIRForums members who aren't in WBCCI so both lists are useful, and AFAIK there's no requirement for WBCCI membership for the AIRForums courtesy-parking. If the person w/ courtesy parking advertises both places, they're clearly offering it to any Airstreamer. If they only offer it via the WBCCI, you wouldn't see them on here, so the only ppl who'd contact them would be using the WBCCI directory.

I don't think there should be any reason for them to ask, in other words. If you can find them, they're offering parking.

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:12 AM   #23
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
The vast majority of WBCCI members are not on the forums and could care less about them. Just as I believe most on the forums do not care about the club. Being a member of both is a happy medium. Jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:58 AM   #24
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
The vast majority of WBCCI members are not on the forums and could care less about them.
A lot of them don't even have or want e-mail for that matter, and so couldn't set up a Forums profile to begin with. In just the "A"s, of 170 names listed in the annual directory, 21 do not have a listed e-mail address. That's 12% just of those whose surnames begin with A. I haven't figured it out for the whole club, but it's reasonable to assume that the percentage isn't that much different.

Interestingly enough, the WBCCI members who offer courtesy parking are the only ones in the whole club to have their telephone numbers listed in the annual directory. Except one— in Washington, DC— whose telephone number isn't listed even though he offers courtesy parking.

WBCCI courtesy parking is offered in 44 states plus DC, and 5 Canadian provinces. Nobody listed in Alaska, Arkansas, Hawaii, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, or West Virginia, or in Alberta, Manitoba, Newfoundland/Labrador, Prince Edward Island, or Saskatchewan. But new members added since the annual directory was published may offer courtesy parking in some of those states and provinces.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:12 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2012 30' International
Vintage Kin Owner
Bad Axe , Michigan
We belong to both and offer courtesy parking. We have only had one person call about it, but we weren't going to be home and we weren't near where the person thought we were.
1977 31' International Sovereign - sold
2012 Ford F250 Superduty Crewcab

WBCCI# 1007 Air#2158
dkrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:16 PM   #26
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Does anyone who has courtesy parking live near the factory or in Indiana?
We will be traveling that way after our service center appointment September 17.
I plan on visiting the Air Force museum, Neil Armstrong museum, and bicycle museum in Ohio.
I plan on visiting the Studebaker museum, the Auburn Cord Duesenberg museum and rv/motorhome Hall of Fame in Indiana.
May do more if time permits.
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:30 PM   #27
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
You know the mothership has gratis parking while you are there don't you? 50a/ water/ sewer/ gift and parts store, Service and always new friends too. Dog friendly!
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Yes. We will be partaking...
We are going to a gospel singing in Tennessee with free camping.
We will be there September 12,13, and 15.
We will be at the Terraport September 16 and 17.
We will be traveling around September, 18, 19, and 20.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 03-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
The point was it would be nice to have easy access to courtesy parking listings on Airforums. We do list also on WBCCI and have had many folks visit us. It is easy to access the list of WBCCI courtesy parking but not Airforums.

AS mentioned by DKB, "The WBCCI courtesy parking list and the AIRForums one surely have some overlap, but there are lots of WBCCI members who aren't on AIRForums at all, and lots of AIRForums members who aren't in WBCCI so both lists are useful, and AFAIK there's no requirement for WBCCI membership for the AIRForums courtesy-parking"

Not everyone belongs to both.

If there can be a list of campgrounds, why not a list of courtesy parking?.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #30
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
We signed up for courtesy parking when we joined WBCCI but aren't on the list in the club book now. There are many members in MN listed on the website posted, but we aren't there either. We'll have to contact the club to get added again....

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #31
3 Rivet Member

2007 34' Classic S/O
Hillsboro , Texas
Courtesy parking experience

My courtesy parking has been listed in the WBCCI directory for at least 3 years. The first time user from Massachusetts on his way to Arizona stayed with us for 2 nights. His tires were low so we aired them up to spec with my air compressor. He was low on propane so I took him and a cylinder to my regular propane supplier. He was low on food so we ordered a pizza and he furnished the beer. It was a good experience. If you need courtesy parking in Illinois, the only places available are with members of the Illinois Lincolnland Unit of WBCCI in Central Illinois. I now have a couple from Minnesota scheduled to stay with us on their way to Alumapalooza in late May, 2015.
WBCCI #4432 & ARC member W9CJX
jwgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:00 PM   #32
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I have not listed courtesy parking on WBCCI, but I think I have on this website. How do I indicate courtesy parking in the WBCCI directory? I have water, sewer, and 50 amp electric in my driveway.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955
Old 01-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
2000 30' Excella
1999 30' Excella 1000
Low Country , South Carolina
You need to list it when you pay your membership fee. There is a place to check it off I think...or your treasurer should be asking....or you can call them, though it is too late for this years directory as it is already out...
We have had courtesy parking for many years...w/e ...2-possibly 3 rigs quiet...remote.. yet close to everything that counts..
We get Airstreamers pretty regularly, Inc. this wknd.. and have stayed w a few here and there. We always have a great time whether hosting or visiting..
We even kept a rig for friends for 6 mo... Airstreamers are always fun..
There needs to be a way to have the courtesy parking listed together on forums..
safe travels
Old 01-16-2015, 07:37 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
If you did not list Courtesy Park but want to offer it, you can contact the WBCCI office and they will be happy to add you. And note we are updating the Parking map on the website now with the data from the fall renewals.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:34 PM   #35
3 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
1986 32' Excella
1965 22' Safari
2006 22' Interstate
Newark , Delaware
Is there a way to offer courtesy parking without joining WBCCI? I have water and 30 amp at my driveway, I am close to I-95 but I really look bad in a beret. Any ideas?

Dave
Chatooga11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 07:14 PM   #36
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatooga11 View Post
Is there a way to offer courtesy parking without joining WBCCI? I have water and 30 amp at my driveway, I am close to I-95 but I really look bad in a beret. Any ideas?

Dave

Dave, you can select "Courtesy Parking" in your user profile on the forum here, and your name will come up when someone clicks the courtesy parking tab.

-Red, providing solutions...
Old 01-16-2015, 07:26 PM   #37
4 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Nevada City , California
Is there a way to sort that list on the website as to location? It seems to be hard to use.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
WaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 05:51 AM   #38
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Experience with Courtesy Parking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaLee View Post
Is there a way to sort that list on the website as to location? It seems to be hard to use.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums

Yes. Move your cursor over the "Quick Links" tab in the upper right corner of the home page. In the middle column of the box that opens, select "Member Search". When the member screen opens, only select "State/Province" of the state you want to stay in, and "Courtesy Parking" select "Yes", then click the search button at the bottom of the page... This will give a list of every member in the state you selected that offers courtesy parking.

I haven't found the way to do it on the mobile app yet, so just log in on Safari if you want to use your iPad...

-Red, helped Al Gore invent the Internet...
Old 01-17-2015, 07:31 PM   #39
4 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
Before this thread we wouldn't have felt comfortable with asking someone if we could utilize their courtesy parking. We would have felt like we were imposing. After reading this thread we understand it better and it seems like a great option, if needed. Makes us want to get set up to be able to offer it ourselves one day! Thanks for the valuable information and sharing your experiences. Airstreamers are the best!
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:41 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
A day or 2, a week or 2, all fun and fellowship-
Don't stay in my driveway for no 2 months-
I think courtesy parking is intended for people passing through and is another avenue of friendship among owners.
TAC #MS-10
Airforums #70955