Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
Fort Meade Md. RV park slot 8!! , Motorsports Photographer
Send a message via AIM to TheBigRedTruck
Angry Blue Is for meeee!!!! #300

Well, as some may know or not. I have been at the mother ship for six days now. Not for repairs just a stop over. But, that brings me to my point or so It seams. To day was a day of insults from the gray hair's as I have come to call them, are they all blind, do they not see what they are doing to there beloved Wally!!!!! It was funny a baldy came in to night and heard the thing's that we said to me!! He could not believe the thing's like I don't belong on a caravan!!! Howed I get my money, I have no bis. staying hear at the plant!!! I have the nicest looking airstream In the place!!! If I can tooot my own horn!!!!! LOL, Don't get me rong I have meet a lot of nice people hear!!! Some were nice than went cold after I started to talk to others!!!!! Ass soon as I can I am getting blue numbers for my old girl!!!! Red Is not for meeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Four streamer's I have told about the forum said they looked It up and liked what they found!!!! Just a love of AIRSTREAMS!!!!! That's what Its all about RIGHT!!!!! DIMMER
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l_0923999bde608c209719669e06d1e7e9[1].jpg
Views:	2260
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	61582   Click image for larger version

Name:	l_070a757c51b6ddf9d228822c324cfd92.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	61583  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01168.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	61584  
Old 06-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #2
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Sorry you had a less than wonderful encounter. Look on the bright side... 300 is a great number!

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:25 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1979 25' Tradewind
Mt. Vernon , Washington
HUH?
L&C Woogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 08:40 PM   #4
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
300 rocks!!!!! And I can put one star next to it!!! LOL I did win first place Special Interest In the JC 10th annual car show here at the plant!!!! And of all people a baldy just came over to give me a plait of shrimp!! Hot dammmm!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
Cool

It might just be my cowboy hat!!!!
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Ah, you met the ones I avoid.

As you know not everyone in every club is a joy to be around. Fortunately there's plenty of fun and interesting folks in the WBCCI to make it worthwhile to belong.

Come out and join us at an FCU Rally. You won't regret it.

P.S. Very cool set up you got there.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 09:36 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2013 27' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Livingston , Texas
Wow! What a great set-up. I'd love to tow a Smart Car along with my Airstream, or even an electric scooter.

Your Airstream is incredible too!
Old 06-01-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Hey Dimmer,

next time you get asked questions like 'where did you get your money '......... I would give them an answer like

* I was a hit man for the Gambinos

* I was a hit man for the CIA

* I was a highly paid mercenary for un-named foreign governments

I think they'll catch your drift!!!!!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 11:09 PM   #9
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
We run bald.....

We run bald.....

But are proud members of the NEU / WBCCI. Darn, I don't even remember where I put our numbers, pretty sure they are still in the same envelope they were mailed in 5 years ago - but where the heck is the envelope?

Please don't write the club off, there are fantastic units out there. You just need to find the one that is a good fit for you.

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 03:53 AM   #10
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I openly admit to not being a very shiny rivet, but, well, but, Dimmer, what are you talking about? You must have left out some details here that would allow your rant to be so strongly anti old, bald, and WBCCI. I have hair down to the middle of my back, but many of my unit members are bald and they are all fine people. If you looked at me, you might wonder where I got my money. If you asked, I would just show you my hands and the question would be dropped. I just do not understand why you are railing the WBCCI like that. could you please elaborate. Also, is that how you really spell or are you doing that for effect? I am not trying to be confrontational or belittling, I honestly would like to know...
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2008, 04:00 AM   #11
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
You should toot your horn, your rig is very nice....
Old 06-03-2008, 06:50 AM   #12
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
First, you ask me if I can spell, No!!! I spell like I talk!!!!!! I never said I was anti old and bald!!! Just to let you In on some thing, Being a baldy has nothing to do with If you have hair, It a Wally thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't read more Into me rant, Its no more than what it is!!!!! It has nothing to do with AGE!!!! You made that conclusion your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a payed member of Wally In the past!!!! DIMMER
Old 06-03-2008, 08:29 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMMER
First, you ask me if I can spell, No!!! I spell like I talk!!!!!! I never said I was anti old and bald!!! Just to let you In on some thing, Being a baldy has nothing to do with If you have hair, It a Wally thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't read more Into me rant, Its no more than what it is!!!!! It has nothing to do with AGE!!!! You made that conclusion your self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was a payed member of Wally In the past!!!! DIMMER
Enthusiasm is good.

You have a great rig.

May I make just one suggestion? "Haf-caf" (Half caffeine, half decaf in your coffee). You might just be hitting the Red Bull or coffee cup a teensy bit too much. Be safe out there

Paula
Old 06-03-2008, 08:38 AM   #14
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
I'm trying to stick with hot-coco this morning, Its raining on and off today with a bit of a chill in the air!!! LOL
Old 06-03-2008, 10:34 AM   #15
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
It is warm and sunny here in Baltimore. If you ever get a chance come to a WDCU rally. We will show you a totally different experience hanging out with our unit. There might even be some blue hairs there.
Hope your weather improves...
Old 06-05-2008, 12:41 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2019 25' Flying Cloud
Airstream - Other
Airstream - Other
North Central Texas , USA
Dimmer, I'd like to meet you at a happy-hour somewhere, talk about ole' Blevins and what ever else is on the table...
RivetED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:14 AM   #17
Rivet Master

Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMMER View Post
Well, as some may know or not. I have been at the mother ship for six days now. Not for repairs just a stop over. But, that brings me to my point or so It seams. To day was a day of insults from the gray hair's as I have come to call them, are they all blind, do they not see what they are doing to there beloved Wally!!!!! It was funny a baldy came in to night and heard the thing's that we said to me!! He could not believe the thing's like I don't belong on a caravan!!! Howed I get my money, I have no bis. staying hear at the plant!!! I have the nicest looking airstream In the place!!! If I can tooot my own horn!!!!! LOL, Don't get me rong I have meet a lot of nice people hear!!! Some were nice than went cold after I started to talk to others!!!!! Ass soon as I can I am getting blue numbers for my old girl!!!! Red Is not for meeeeeeeeee!!!!!! Four streamer's I have told about the forum said they looked It up and liked what they found!!!! Just a love of AIRSTREAMS!!!!! That's what Its all about RIGHT!!!!! DIMMER
Not everyone is fortunate to own an Airstream. Those that do belong to a +75 year old dream. You may be in the Club, a boondocker, or Caravan traveler, you Airstream is a key to a step-aside life.

Enjoy many miles of happiness, and years of association with fellow owners.

Pee Wee
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Wow, that IS a really sweet rig.

But living in Texas I can't help but wonder... is the one A/C unit enough???

Excitement and pep are a good thing. I know nothing about the WBCCI, but from what I've read around here, sounds like you're just the right combination of passion and energy that some units of the club so desperately need. I'd suggest that you join up and create some CHANGE.

Some folks don't know it, but Change Is Good for them.

Good luck!

-Marcus
utee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #19
Vagabond

1973 31' Sovereign
1991 34' Excella
I'm not ignoring you, I had to run back up north for my son has 2 baseball games and his last day of school picnic!!! So for the next day or two I will be doing the kid thing!!!!! DIMMER
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #20
3 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Brooksville , Florida
I too can't understand your first post, why were you criticized?
when I was younger the worst I got was "are you hear with your parents?" not really a critcisim, but I replied, no I"m hear with my Airstream
Dan
DFDureiko is offline   Reply With Quote