Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up April Blue Beret Nominees Step Up

I received my issue of the April Blue beret today with the nominees for the nominating committee. On page 15 of club news this is the best article I have ever read in our Blue Berets. Not only did Leo Garvey write a very thorough position and goal for his candidacy but his article has more content to addressing club issues than I have read in combining many BBs in the past. I would say this is unprecedented.

Way to go Leo. What a wonderful position and goal you have put out for members rights. It makes the nominees without a stated goal look very mundane indeed. Thank you Leo, for the article and for stepping forward and for defending the WBCCI, both in the past and into the future for all its members' and their children's future. I hope you are nominated and that more like you continue to tend our club and make us proud.

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:46 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Who's behind the helm?

Members are clamoring for change. How do we do it? We do it by running for a place on the nominating committee. The MO of the hand picked committee has been to handpick our candidates without running mates for us. Let's open up that like minded log jam at the top of the club to see change sooner than later! And this is what Leo Garvey and Pat McFadden are attempting to do by running for positions on the nominating committee. You want to help the club, do your part, bring WBCCI ahead from the past? Then you need to act and vote members into that position to nominate our next leaders.

A short exert from Leo Garvey's excellent web site dedicated to the issues of WBCCI and making ONLY IMPROVEMENTS...Only Improvements

"If you want the foundation of this club to be protected, then you have TWO candidates for International Nominating Committee available to you that will set out to do exactly that. If elected we’ll put in real effort to find and recruit Classic Airstream owners and Travel Trailer owners from all over this club. We hope you’ll help guide us on that journey. We’ll be attempting to recruit qualified members to run in 2009 for the positions of International 3rd VP, International Recording Secretary, International Treasurer, and TWO candidates for the International Nominating Committee. There are no guarantees that we’ll find classic and travel trailer owners to run for every one of those positions, but if you can find your way to elect us both, you send a clear message to our leadership that it’s time for our International Leaders to look after WBCCI core issues — to protect our foundation and to work on issues that will provide real growth along with better membership retention. Let’s not waste our time trying to open this club up to other brands and watch our loyal long term members run for the doors"

Read your Blue Beret this month, you will find real news from real members wanting to make a difference. Go check out 13panels web site. Then go and BE CERTAIN to vote these members IN!!!

photography
Old 04-17-2008, 09:07 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Greeeneville , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Silverhobby
Carol, I read the article and I am in total agreement with you. We need more people willing to step forward and make a change for the continuation of our beloved AIRSTREAM brand club.
visit my restoration blog at:
Silverhobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:47 AM   #4
Miss Rivette

1965 17' Caravel
Hell , Michigan
Send a message via AIM to airedale Send a message via MSN to airedale Send a message via Yahoo to airedale
Alright, Who thinks I should run for International President?!?
Operation "SAVE RUDY" Strike Team (Charter Member)

Check Out My New Airstream Blog
airedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Thumbs up go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by airedale
Alright, Who thinks I should run for International President?!?
I do

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
Rivet Master

NOVA SCOTIA , CANADA
Hope

First let me say thanks for all those that have volunteered for office.It is refreshing to me to see Leo and Pat actually state some of their beliefs for the future betterment of the WBCCI .After all it is an election of officers.Shouldn't an election offer a choice of more than one candidate?Shouldn't the membership know where these officers stand on the issues facing our club today so they can make an informed decision?
The winds of change are starting to stir.I have hope they will gain strength.

AIR #7916
Ex WBCCI #32083
streamer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:12 AM   #7
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
I will sure do vote for Bob Thompson that I know enough to make sure he is in the same way of thinking as Leo Garvey... the others I will stay out ... to me no choice no vote.

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
Always Airstreaming!

2005 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
Anytown , Connecticut
Send a message via AIM to rickandsandi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin
I will sure do vote for Bob Thompson that I know enough to make sure he is in the same way of thinking as Leo Garvey... the others I will stay out ... to me no choice no vote.
Mr. Bob Thompson has my full support both as a friend and an officer of Region 1 WBCCI. I am certainly glad that he is NOT of the same thinking process as Mr. Garvey in my opinion. Bob has a wonderful nature and a kindered friendship towards all WBCCI members and is the first to listen to other peoples thoughts and concerns and certainly is not driven by his own agenda. Enough said and I wish all the best to Bob and his lovely wife. Come join us all at Region 1 Rally in Prince Edward Island this July. Bob was able to make room for a few more rigs and as of right now I believe we have about 115 registered! Way to go Bob!
Airstream Life Magazine
Proud Member of WBCCI
WBCCI #3411
AIR #17099
2009 Silverado 2500HD
2004 22' Safari
1960 24' Tradewind
rickandsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2014 27' Flying Cloud
Viera , Florida
I heard something about an ugly letter (maybe in the eye of the beholder) Mr. Thompson wrote to Jerry Collins. Can anyone provide more information on that? I'm just trying to collect the facts here, since I'm going to be casting the votes for the FL Unit at Bozeman.

Randy
2014 27FB Flying Cloud - SilverCabin II
2018 F-150 Platinum - unnamed

The best part of any trip is when you pull away from home.
SilverCabin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 05:44 AM   #10
Islay - 63 O.

1963 26' Overlander
Montreal , -
Send a message via MSN to dufferin
was referring to the fact they both pay attention to think at what could be needed for the club.

The issues you could have with Leo are not of my business. And if Leo was interested to get the position and come with good ideas for the club it's good enough too me. It seems that lot of people want to get "approved" in position with no idea or no interest for the club but theirs.

Again I won't give my vote to resume only. And I don't like the idea of the "nominee" thing. Nothing democratic.

I am more interested by the way they both look at the future of the club. And Pat seems to come with the same intention.

And it doesn't hurt to shake the house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickandsandi
Mr. Bob Thompson has my full support both as a friend and an officer of Region 1 WBCCI. I am certainly glad that he is NOT of the same thinking process as Mr. Garvey in my opinion. Bob has a wonderful nature and a kindered friendship towards all WBCCI members and is the first to listen to other peoples thoughts and concerns and certainly is not driven by his own agenda. Enough said and I wish all the best to Bob and his lovely wife. Come join us all at Region 1 Rally in Prince Edward Island this July. Bob was able to make room for a few more rigs and as of right now I believe we have about 115 registered! Way to go Bob!

Few rolling wheels to make our planet a house.

A 1/5th of her that I own.

TAC# : QC-1

my blog

https://rvcampreview.com
dufferin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 06:54 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCabin
I heard something about an ugly letter (maybe in the eye of the beholder) Mr. Thompson wrote to Jerry Collins. Can anyone provide more information on that? I'm just trying to collect the facts here, since I'm going to be casting the votes for the FL Unit at Bozeman.

Randy
Hi Randy,

I have not heard anything about Bob Thompson writing to Jerry Collins. I don't know if this is relevant to possible exchanges but I have read that the March 27th letter sent to Unit Presidents entitled "2008 Delegates Meeting" which is traditionally viewed as the 'instructions to Unit Presidents' had no mention of the candidates running from the floor and only included the recommendation of the nominating committee's slate of choices and that an appeal from candidates running from the floor to correct the instructions to units have been... from best... of the chairmen conceding to correct the instructions at Bozeman when it is too late for unit instructed delegates to change the vote they carry from their unit members, to worst... the current International President Jerry Collins' comment that "the chairman has been in communication and no further comments are offered," and ends with "To date no questions have been raised, other than in your e-mail, which are addressed above."

To read that e-mail in it's entirety from Jerry Collins and understand more of what bylaws are called into question and incorrectly directed by the chairman to unit presidents, you may read it here International Elections -- Can you beat the Ol' Boyz Network

The chairman instructs units to only vote for TWO of the four candidates running for the International Nominating Committee. The Chairman of the Constitution and Bylaws Committee now admits this is a mistake, that Delegates can split their votes amongst all four candidates, as long as any individual candidate receives no more than a unit's full voting strength (determined this coming June 1st), and that all votes tallied can not exceed 2x a units full voting strength. Four candidates are running for two open positions, so each member can cast two votes (not for the same candidate twice). So here was the incorrect ruling offered by the CBC Chairman:

"A roll call vote should be used, so that the Secretary could insure that each Delegate would only be casting the proper # of votes. It would be impossible to insure that each Delegate is voting for only two candidates on a voice or standing vote."

As is stands now, members cannot change the by-laws and correct voting procedures and I would say the IBT has more than demonstrated themselves to be obstructive to members' will and maintain control of the WBCCI, and all because they can.

Someday, soon, I hope, it will be time to raise our voices and tell them we are mad as heck and we aren't going to take it any longer!

photography
Old 05-23-2008, 07:37 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Smile Vote For Pedro

Nice to see Leo Garvey's contribution in the Beret. This rag may become relevent yet!
That Leo has demonstrated his committment to Wally here on the Forum is undeniable. It seems to me that Leo's ideas, abilities, and energy as offered on behalf of the WBCCI make him a excellent canidate for leadership.
We need a candidate for change (don't assume anything about me by that).

VOTE FOR LEO

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote