Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2011, 02:56 AM   #141
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
What some of you might not be taking into consideration is that this controversy has created real health issues for some of our members. Several people in my Unit have reported feeling physically ill. Others have had difficulty sleeping, are suffering from depression, anxiety, high blood pressure. One has stated he isn't healthy enough to deal with it. My wife is a stroke survivor, but still has health issues and this battle has had a detrimental effect on her.

Some of you are at war over the club, and I understand, but it isn't right to drag others into the fight when they can't handle it. So, like it or not I accept the accord. People are more important than rules.
Forrest, I agree with your statement a good deal, however, my Grandfather(the single most influence in the man I became) always told me "It takes two to make a fight" That is so true, it does take two. He had a second half to his advice. "If you do have to fight, fight like your life depends on it."
The people doing the "fighting" are doing so because they care and they are sick and tired of towing the line. If people in your unit are getting "physically ill" over this, they might want to see a Doctor right away. Daily life is more stressful that this situation. To blame peoples personal illness on this situation is a bit absurd and a bit out of context for a man that brought forth such insightful legislation.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #142
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
It reminds me when an expelled member refused to return historical memorabilia back to Metro NY.

Same sickening feeling.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:24 AM   #143
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs down Feelings of Unwellness

Feelings of unwellness seem to spring pandemic within the WBCCI.

We have witnessed all manner of contrivances to expell from membership, to disallow from club business, to initiate threatening lawyer letters, to control and supress communication, to deceive, misguide and corrupt in a succession of backroom deals and underhanded machinations and betrayals.

This concerted aggression of leadership lodged exclusively against members is bound to make anyone sick, but especially those that have found themselves on the receiving end of the assaults. The club is definitely being held ransom and facing fatal consequences. These years of the WBCCI's uncivil war and unrest have driven membership numbers to new lows and to allege from the board meeting that the blame is on membership is as arrogant as it is ludicrous.

Where's an impartial hearing of infractions of the code of ethics and the dereliction of duty when you need one? Oh that's right the request was withdrawn by MNU and Bob.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:56 AM   #144
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Lipets--that post was out of context and rude. Don't start a new fight over past actions. zz
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:25 PM   #145
Rivet Master

Forrest,

After hearing some of the IBT meeting via the link you provided, I am more sure than ever the IBT/EC7 will not stop until they have a new MOHO in the WBCCI stable.

A bunch of IBT guys carrying the flag on that one.
Old 02-08-2011, 03:26 PM   #146
Rivet Master

Constition Re-write

First, as others have said, we need this Revised Constitution out for all to review.
Our fear, is it will be held close up to Du Quoin, then dispersed so the membership has little time to digest and discuss it.
Re-writing the WBCCI constitution is one thing, but WILL all the Units have to re-write their own Contitutions, if the new WBCCI constitution is accepted.
If Units must do a re-write, who will oversee/guide this process? Anyone, any insight, hindsight?
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:00 PM   #147
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
If all the units will need to change their constitutions, the IBT has succeeded in sucking the fun out of the only level that seems to understand the purpose of this club.

We need to really evaluate what we can gain by all this time, effort and resources spent on writing rules and regulations. I know I don't want to attend any rally with a meeting to hash out rules and regs and a new constitution when the old one is perfectly fine (in my opinion). I most certainly (and happily - probably with a margarita in hand) gather to discuss travel plans, rally ideas, campout ideas, caravan ideas, facebook and twitter ideas, restoration ideas, route ideas.....

Do you think we have ever lost a member because the WBCCI didn't offer enough meetings???
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #148
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradobus View Post
If Units must do a re-write, who will oversee/guide this process? Anyone, any insight, hindsight?
I had to just recently submit the DENCO Unit Constitution and Bylaws to the Int'l Constitution and Bylaws Committee for its 5 year review. If you listen to the Mid-Winter IBT seminar, Don Shafer's report, I think I remember him saying that the the reason Unit C&B have to be reviewed is because of IRS regulations & non-profit status. At least that is how he defended requiring Units to do that because, as he admitted, it's not in the Blue Book.

Anyway, that requirement wouldn't change with an entirely new Int'l C&B. So, some committee in the future, reshaped, club would need to do that, wouldn't they? And obviously, each Unit would then have to go through the process of redoing their C&B to conform to the Int'l version.

Another question that needs addressing is, if the new revised C&B completely reshapes the Club, then wouldn't it be a NEW Club that requires a new or at least revised Ohio Articles of Incorporation?

I'm very interested in whether the revision committee gave any of this thought, and if they say how much it is going to cost, both in terms of legal fees, filing fees, and HQ staff.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:10 PM   #149
Rivet Master

1982 28' Airstream 280
Port Angeles , Washington
Quote:
First, as others have said, we need this Revised Constitution out for all to review.
Our fear, is it will be held close up to Du Quoin, then dispersed so the membership has little time to digest and discuss it.
Re-writing the WBCCI constitution is one thing, but WILL all the Units have to re-write their own Contitutions, if the new WBCCI constitution is accepted.
You need not worry as a satisfactory outcome has already been reached and the lawsuit money has been returned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets
I have been informed by Howie E and Metro NY that all refunds relating to the Defend Wally defense fund have been processed yesterday Feb 1, as promised.

The refund represents balance pro rata less expenses of the following;

Legal
Bank fees
Accounting

Thank you for all your support.

I can not respond to any inquiries on this forum.

Please email or PM myself or Howie E.

tks

The problem is this "new" constitution, without by-laws, shrouded in mystery will create such uncertainty and confusion that it will likely be years before a functioning document is in place. Look how long it has taken the Denver unit to follow the directions of a single, relatively short article to propose an amendment.

It's hard for me to see a satisfactory outcome anytime in the near future if at all.

Dan
Smartstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:09 PM   #150
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
I can imagine the next few months being characterized by a full-court press in the Blue Beret, exclaiming the glories of the new constitution and bylaws, but without any specifics. Then amid drum rolls and fanfares the new constitution first sees the light of day at the delegates meeting, where all the delegates present are expected to jump to their feet with thunderous applause and vote it in by acclamation.

It behooves us to exhort our units to vote NO on the new constitution unless we have had time to read it and think about it a little by our spring business meetings. That’s certainly what I plan to do.

And, new constitution or not, it counts as an amendment under the existing constitution under which it must be adopted—if it is to be adopted. Article XVI, Section 3 of the existing constitution—the one that the powers that be insist applies to the amendment proposed by Region 11—says that the C&BL committee has to report out the proposed amendment for distribution to the units by March 20. So we shall see.

Quote:
Re-writing the WBCCI constitution is one thing, but WILL all the Units have to re-write their own Constitutions, if the new WBCCI constitution is accepted.
Presumably units will be required to amend their constitutions to eliminate any inconsistencies with the new, improved international constitution. And I presume these amendments would be dictated by the Constitution and Bylaws Czar.

A couple of musings here. . .

1. If a unit has to rewrite it’s constitution, it might want to think about writing WBCCI out of it and incorporating as an independent entity. Incorporating ain’t no big thang. The savings in one year’s dues to the international would probably pay for the lawyer and filing fees.
Just a thought. . .

2. What if the C&BL Czar commanded a unit to revise its constitution and the unit refused? The international club’s recourse would be to revoke the unit’s charter. This might not be an altogether bad thing. It would provide a means from separating the unit from the WBCCI—preserving it intact as an unincorporated association—without the messy process of dissolving the unit.
Something else to think about. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
If all the units will need to change their constitutions, the IBT has succeeded in sucking the fun out of the only level that seems to understand the purpose of this club.

We need to really evaluate what we can gain by all this time, effort and resources spent on writing rules and regulations. I know I don't want to attend any rally with a meeting to hash out rules and regs and a new constitution when the old one is perfectly fine (in my opinion). I most certainly (and happily - probably with a margarita in hand) gather to discuss travel plans, rally ideas, campout ideas, caravan ideas, facebook and twitter ideas, restoration ideas, route ideas.....
Hey, Sandy—you gave me a great idea! If we have to rewrite our unit constitution and bylaws I want to set up a standing committee for Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms! You can be the Alcohol chairman and I’ll take Firearms. Do we have any cigar smokers in the unit to take Tobacco??

Quote:
Another question that needs addressing is, if the new revised C&B completely reshapes the Club, then wouldn't it be a NEW Club that requires a new or at least revised Ohio Articles of Incorporation?
I am not a lawyer, but to the best of my knowledge and belief the answer is, no. The Articles of Incorporation are very brief and very general. Note, also, that the word “Airstream” does not appear in them. http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/reports/...&Din=D067_1917

The Articles of Incorporation were only revised once, in 1963, when the name was changed from “Wally Byam’s Caravan Club” to “Wally Byam Caravan Club, International”.

The Ohio nonprofit corporation laws are here for anyone who wants to read them.

Lawriter - ORC - Chapter 1702: NONPROFIT CORPORATION LAW
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #151
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Why send out messages making assumptions at this point, wait till it's published PLEASE.

In short the articles of inc are less than a page, nothing is reshaping the club that would require they be changed.

Quote:
I'm very interested in whether the revision committee gave any of this thought,
Very much so.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:27 PM   #152
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Hey, Sandy—you gave me a great idea! If we have to rewrite our unit constitution and bylaws I want to set up a standing committee for Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms! You can be the Alcohol chairman and I’ll take Firearms. Do we have any cigar smokers in the unit to take Tobacco??
I nominate Don!
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:32 PM   #153
Rivet Master

SOOOOOOOO, Give a timeline ( a date) when the New Constitution is available, so we may stop all the conjecture. Soon doesn't cut it. A date please.
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #154
Rivet Master

Before it's time

Some things are just worth waiting for!

Old 02-08-2011, 08:37 PM   #155
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
I nominate Don!
Of course! How could I have forgotten the cigar party at the Birthday Bash so quickly!

OK--now that we have established the Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms committee, I guess the next thing we need to do is establish the official Unit drink(s), cigar(s), and firearm(s).

In drinks, I know that at least the Margarita, Old Fashioned, and Gin and Tonic have been placed in nomination from the floor. (Plus any number of brands of beer.)

We'll let Don pick the official cigar.

For firearms, I am leaning toward the Ruger Redhawk .44 magnum for the official sidearm and Remington 700 in .308 Winchester for the rifle.

The international set may think they have something in the flag ceremony, but wait till they see our unit come to Present Arms for the Pledge of Allegiance!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:16 PM   #156
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
In short the articles of inc are less than a page, nothing is reshaping the club that would require they be changed.
Really? Then please explain why on December 2, 1963 the Articles of Incorporation needed to be amended for the sole reason that "International" was added to the WBCC name?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 19631202 Amendment of Articles.pdf (342.3 KB, 58 views)
Old 02-08-2011, 09:31 PM   #157
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
More food for thought. If the club Constitution and Bylaws are completely changed, then no Unit that was chartered under the old Constitution needs to transition to the new club, unless it wants to. A charter is a contract, and if the contract changes both sides have to agree to that. Any Unit, or Intraclub for that matter, might be free to go its own way, with its treasury and structure intact. Maybe the new Constitution and Bylaws has more promise than we imagine!
Old 02-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #158
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Really? Then please explain why on December 2, 1963 the Articles of Incorporation needed to be amended for the sole reason that "International" was added to the WBCC name?
Forrest, chillax about the Articles of Incorporation.

One of the very few things specified in the Articles of Incorporation is the name of the club; that's what it's known as in the world. If you incorporated General Motors, that's the entities' name; if you later wanted to change that to Government Motors (which maybe they should have) then you would have to change the articles of incorporation.

They amended the AoI in 1963 when they changed the name of the club from Wally Byam's Caravan Club to Wally Byam Caravan Club, International, a different name than it was previously known by.

Come to think of it, they would have had to amend the AoI if they had passed the name change a few years ago--but amending the AoI is no big deal. (Providing the Secretary of State didn't know about somebody else using that name already--which is a more common problem than most people realize.)
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 PM   #159
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post
Forrest, chillax about the Articles of Incorporation.
Hey, it was a rhetorical question!

I'm just being skeptical and suspicious. The idea that the C&B Revision Committee has thought of everything, and it's going to be as wonderful as sliced bread, and if we just ratify it all will be well, sounds a little too good to be true.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:05 AM   #160
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
The WB was a good strong horse until Hellen Schwamborne passed on the torch. Perhaps Dale could step in and rescue his mothers club. Make him the leader and let him direct it. Perhaps the old nag might run a little faster again.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci forum