Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-07-2011, 04:18 PM   #361
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumaholic View Post
Indeed, some of the "new" officers are really "old" officers recycled who like things just the way they are.
On the other hand some of the "new" officers are really "NEW" officers who DIS-like things just the way they are.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #362
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
I received this motion several weeks ago and plan on circulating it to our members. Our next business meeting is in March 2012.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:44 AM   #363
Rivet Master

1962 22' Safari
2016 30' Classic
Southeast , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaylejoe View Post
I received this motion several weeks ago and plan on circulating it to our members. Our next business meeting is in March 2012.
FYI to all WBCCI members reading about this amendment and especially those that may want to encourage a vote within their Unit. Your units voting results must be certified by your Unit President and received at WBCCI HQ by no later than May 20, 2012 in order to be counted. If this amendment will be discussed at a March or April 2012 Unit Business Meeting, you will have to work fast to get the results to WBCCI HQ by the required deadline.

If you are unsure if the amendment has been lost within your Unit, your current Unit President can contact WBCCI HQ for another copy of the amendment and instructions.
WBCCI/VAC #702 & #6768

66Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:08 AM   #364
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Overlander View Post
If you are unsure if the amendment has been lost within your Unit, your current Unit President can contact WBCCI HQ for another copy of the amendment and instructions.
The entire amendment package except for the mail-in ratification form for the unit president to sign is also available at the URL below.

http://wisc.wbcci.net/files/2011/08/...ver-motion.pdf

(I also have the ratification form in .pdf form and will be glad to email it to any unit president that needs it--just PM me.)
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #365
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
I have already circulated this motion via electronic mail to our members and will hand out printed copies at our luncheon so that it can be discussed and voted on at our March 2012 business meeting.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 10:34 AM   #366
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Is there a strategy being worked on should this amendment pass to bring control back to the members?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #367
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
You know the old saying that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink? That will be the challenge if the motion were to pass. The Delegates would need to re-educate themselves, not just knowledge wise, but perspective wish. Units would need to do that too. To put it another way, they would need to develop an attitude of assertiveness.

In the past, I met Delegates who's attitude was to just get in, cast their unit's vote and get out. They either did not know what the duties of a real delegate was, or they did not care. For the new motion to work an entirely different attitude must be required. If that can be achieved then the organization would become member controlled. Otherwise everything remains the same - no harm, no foul to the status quo.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:41 AM   #368
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Currently 42 units have voted
27 for
15 against

Not sure how many units we have but I suspect it is still over 100.
The TN unit hopefully will vote at their spring meeting.
Hopefully this will be the case with many other units that should have spring meetings before the cut off date.
I would hate to see this die without it having had a fair look by all the units.
If it is not brought up at your unit I would suggest asking your leaders about it.
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #369
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Did any units vote this past weekend? Any updates?
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 09:26 AM   #370
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Lightbulb This was sent to all UP & 1stVP's

This should have been disseminated to all unit members.

Unit Presidents, in past communications of the Concerned Members we have submitted to you proposed amendments to the proposed Revised Constitution.

During that time two communications have come from the Club's HQ.

The first of these was the Delegates packet with two motions, the Revised Constitution and the Motorhome motion. In addition to the motions there were two letters from the CBL (Constitution & Bylaws Chair).

The first of these claimed the Motion on the Revised Constitution was an amendment to the existing Club Constitution and that it was not acceptable because it had not been created by the CBL and not in accordance with Ohio law (without any legal opinion supporting that position.

The second letter dealt with the Motorhome motion.

Recently you received a second mailing from HQ containing a letter from the Club attorney (link to letter) pointing out that the proposed Revision to the Constitution was not in violation of Ohio corporate law and a letter from the Past International President, Norm Beu, (link to Norm Beu letter) pointing out that the proposed Revision was not an amendment to the existing constitution as the CBL alleged in their letter sent with the Delegates packet. So you are left with the question, who is right?

In this case we believe the Past International President is correct according to Roberts Rules recently revised edition 11; the CBL has no role in the Constitutional Revision.

Having concluded then that the issue of a revised Constitution is the responsibility of the Delegates it is critical that your unit become familiar with the Revision and have discussion with your membership so your Delegate understands the Units view of the proposed Revision. You must also consider Norm Beu’s letter to the Units as it describes the procedure for the Delegates consideration of the Revision and possible amendments to the document.

During the Delegates seminar at Du Quoin on the Revision a number of amendments were presented. The Concerned Members group has sent these and others to you. Your Unit may agree or disagree with the amendments or desire to change them, but the important thing is that they need to be considered and your Delegate needs to be prepared to vote on these and other possible amendments. It is not our place to tell you how to vote, we are only trying to make sure you and all units have as much information as possible about potential amendments to insure your members are informed in their decisions as carried to the Delegates meeting by your Delegate.
To date the three amendments we have sent out are the only ones we have received and we have received no modifications to these.

If your unit has any you would propose please send them to wbccirrevision@gmail.com so they may be shared with other units for their consideration.

The three motions may be found here- one, two & three.
Concerned Club Members

Tom Smithson NorCal, Bob Novak Metro NY, Kerry Matilia Ontario, Matt Hackney Ga.

Old 04-22-2012, 02:48 PM   #371
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
letter to members

This came from a member who prefers to remain unanimous.

WHY DO WE NEED A REVISION TO THE
WBCCI CONSTITUTION?
Our Club is rapidly declining in membership numbers and attendance at our major functions. The average age of our membership is increasing every year. If we are to survive we must attract new and younger members. This means we have got to change how we operate which is the primary reason for the following:
  • Bring WBCCI into the 21st Century – Allow electronic communications for all business and voting
  • Provide for Direct Voting on all issues – Gives every member a reason to participate in Club Operation
  • Direct Vote on International Officers – Get the best talent available to run the Club
  • Eliminate International third VP – Reduce costs and provide for newer members to be considered
  • Elect International Secretary and Treasurer to Serve two year terms – Provide better continuity
  • Change Regions to Areas and adjust size – Balance each Area based on member numbers & as well as Geographic’s
  • Have Nominating Committee review and recommend multiple candidates for International Officers – Allows more choices and makes it easier to consider newer talented candidates
  • Provide a Members Caucus to consider changes in Club Operations – Provides a means for members to discuss and recommend new ways to do things and new programs they would like
  • Reduce the time it takes to make changes in the Club Operation – Allows for important changes to be quickly implemented when needed
  • Require a 2/3 majority of the voting membership to make changes to the Constitution – Insures changes are in the Clubs best interest

Old 04-22-2012, 03:09 PM   #372
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
When I read all this stuff, I wonder if anyone has a plan? Have a group of insurgents gotten together to run candidates for office? How long would it take to turn the club around? People always say they're going to change Washington when they run for national office, but it takes years and years to do it—can the WBCCI be turned around in 4 years, 8 years, what? Is the momentum downward unstoppable?

Everyone seems focused on the short term and not on the hard reality of real change over time. Even a changed constitution needs people, an organization and a plan to act on it.

Gene
Old 04-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #373
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Gene does this mean you're ready to join and put all your ideas into action?

Maybe more non-members like yourself acting, rather than lurking is what the club needs.

Old 04-22-2012, 03:39 PM   #374
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Bob, until the membership can get the club on the right track, why would anyone who is not a member want to tackle that job?

It is easier to start a new club than reform the WBCCI—and, starting a new club is not all that easy.

Gene
Old 04-22-2012, 03:47 PM   #375
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Gene what have you done to accomplish starting a new club in the past... say 2 years?

Old 04-22-2012, 04:03 PM   #376
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Gene

Sometime we all will have to take a stand on a question of personnel interest. That stand may be to change a given system that we hold dear and consider worth saving and sometimes that stand will be to replace a system we no longer have faith in. There are those attempting each at this point with regards to the WBCCI

While you have ever right under our "Greater Constitution" to comment on any and all issues I would think you might accept that fact that you are serving neither side by standing on the side lines as a disaffected individual and question the motivations of those attempting change.

Consider joining the Club, starting a new Club, or riding off into the sunset.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 05:07 PM   #377
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
One of the things I remember from when I had a real job.

It takes 5 times the cost and effort to win a customer back as it does to get a new first time customer.

Every effort should be based on customer satisfaction and retaining customers as well as bringing in new customers.

I suspect it is the same for a club just substitute customers for members.

We left the WBCCI many years ago after the 1st year our main grip was "No voice as a MAL" and the local club didn't fit our needs, it was as if the WBCCI really didn't want us as members.

We almost came back because TAC seemed like it would work for us but....
Old 04-22-2012, 06:02 PM   #378
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
If WBCCI members don't want to hear what people say who might someday join their club if it is reformed, or any thoughts about how to reform it, maybe it is just a club for insiders and others' thoughts are unwelcome. Actually, from what I have read, the present WBCCI leadership thinks that way, so I guess if some of the "reformers" took over, attitudes would not change.

I'm not sure how I was questioning anyone's motivation in previous posts, but now I am. It seems you want an exclusive organization, not an inclusive one. If I had been a member for years and established friendships within a club, I'd try to save it too. The more I read, the more it becomes clear why people leave and many never want to join.

The Forum seems to be the way to go for a club.

Gene
Old 04-22-2012, 08:31 PM   #379
Rivet Master

Quick question, does anyone know the order in which the three main motions will come up for a vote and does one "overwrite" the other? And I'm not talking about the motions to change the "Revised Constitution"

I'm talking about MOHO, Denver and Revised.

Example:
If the MOHO motion is passed, then say the Denver Motion is passed making changes to the current WBCCI Constitution we could then have different MOHO's in the club with the membership having a little more say over the IBT/By-Laws.

But then, the Revised Constitution comes up for a vote and gets voted in does that then at the end of the day, wipe out the inclusion of other brands of MOHO's and the changes made by the Denver motion?

Enjoy,
Old 04-23-2012, 05:02 AM   #380
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Compairing the WBCCI and the Airforums is apples and oranges. Like they say, if you have to ask you would not understand. Both have a place, but are two dif things. I enjoy each. jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci forum