Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2011, 01:23 PM   #301
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
"All units need to authorize their delegate to vote in accordance with their best interests. Solicit their opinions in your business meeting and arrive in Du Quion with latitude."

May I suggest another way.

Have your delegates go to Du Quion in accrdance with their best interest. Propose amendments to make changes on what the "final" document will look like. Then vote "NO" on the final document! That final document should then be sent back to the Units for a formal review over the next year with a straight up or down vote next year at International.

This will lesson the chances of something coming out that you really don't want.
No I rather you don't suggest that unless you want to accomlish nothing.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 PM   #302
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Bob, except for the minor details (being 99 percent completed) that Kerri said was remaining, are there any more duties for the revision committee? Did your duties end with the midwinter meeting with the near completion of the draft of the new constitution?
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #303
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Far from it!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:48 PM   #304
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Dang. I was kind of hoping you would be going back to just plain ol' Bob again. I guess we can look forward to more of your announcements until the International in July then? Will you be attending the International in DuQuoin then?
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:42 PM   #305
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I'll go only if you go!

Old 01-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #306
Rivet Master

Bob, Pr(e)vost is spelled with an "E"after the PR, not Pr(o)vost as was written above in Post 301.
Its pronounced "Pray-Voh.
BTW, was it a B-190 behind the Prevost?
‘62 Overlander 26 ft. ATW Yeager trailer #5289
"62 Airstream 22ft. ATW Hall trailer #83,’90 SQ Sream, ‘06 Bambi Q/S, Prevost Featherlite 45ft, GMC/ Bigfoot camper
Coloradobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:13 PM   #307
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
The woman we spoke with was not with the construction crew. She also specifically said "SOB area". Her offhand reference and Pres. Beu's statement would lead me to believe there are in fact two groups.
Maggie
Aha. I think we may be getting down to the source of the misunderstanding.

Maybe the term "SOB area" didn't refer to RVs. . .
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:19 PM   #308
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Did or did not the president lie to Forrest?
Oh, heavens to Betsy, no! He "misspoke".

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzagguzzi View Post
Why is no one following through on this?
What's to "follow through"? If the leadership of the WBCCI is not dealing with the membership in good faith, there's nothing to be done for it except leave the club.
Nuvite-F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #309
Rivet Master

Vote "NO" if a single word is changed!!

Sorry Bob, that’s what I will recommend to our WDCU International Delegate. VOTE an automatic “NO” if a single word is changed.

It will be difficult enough for most to members to understand the full implications of the new WBCCI Constitution regardless of what it says, I don’t care who you are. So now, take that document and have Delegates making small “wording changes” that could create “huge changes” in how the club is run (and in your own words a different Article every 20 minutes) and expect that Delegate to fully understand these changes and vote on it is crazy!

Tell me one place in life where people would blindly do something like that (I know the housing crisis, you see where that got us)?

Why was there a need to “re-write” the WBCCI Constitution in the first place. I don’t remember anyone saying we needed to “re-write” the WBCCI Constitution. Yeh, some people had problems with some areas or a sentence here or there, but not a total “re-write”. People did want the By-Laws changed to give the IBT/EC7 “LESS” power and don’t tell me that you “have to” re-write one to re-write the other. We have been making small changes to one without making changes to the other.

What was happening, there were members that were starting to understand the WBCCI Constitution and By-Laws (and Roberts Rules) as well as the IBT/EC7. And these members were getting better at working the system each year, to the point where the IBT/EC7 had to throw out the change Forrest put before them (he worked their system, but they did not like it). Why all of a sudden are they supporting 1M1V after fighting it? It’s not to give the “general membership” more power! Give with one hand, take away with the other.

I have a feeling when this thing is released the real smart guys are going to find holes and power grabs all over the place.

I don’t trust that bunch one bit and neither should you.

Vote "NO" if a single word is changed from the floor at the Delegates Meeting
Old 01-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #310
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari SS SE
1969 27' Overlander
Martinez , Georgia
Join us in DuQuoin and let's figure it out.
mbmbstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #311
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewster View Post
Ya know Carol … I admire yours (and other's) passion and dedication in attempting to save the club from the 'feckless and self-serving leadership' (thanks Leo), but I really can't believe the total about face and subterfuge that the IP did to Forrest and the region 11 motion.

As an outside observer now, it sure looks like it's time to head your horses in another direction and let those that will destroy what's left of the WBCCI accomplish their self-serving tasks and desires. Your energies would be much better expended in having FUN! Thankfully, there are you and others who will keep the legacy and memory of Wally Byam and Airstreaming alive and well for those who follow in the search for fun, fellowship and adventure in the silver bullets that we all cherish.
Lew's post makes sense to me.

I don't know what happened to Forrest's motion. Sounds like it was dumped on some technicality. I don't know what the new Constitution will say, but I would bet if I had to, it will limit democracy or be so dense no one can figure out how to change it.

The Forum, TAC and other groups are replacing the WBCCI and that process will continue regardless.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:45 PM   #312
Restorations done right
Commercial Member

1962 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Vintage Kin Owner
Currently Looking...
Baltimore , Maryland
I say throw more money at it followed by studies and discussions. Mean while, I will be planning my camping season. Only 52 days till the first trip. I need to get back to my list of camping essentials: delegates, check. Board members, check. Grievances, check... oh silly me, wrong list of camping essentials.
Frank's Trailer Works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #313
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
Non-Airstream RVs @ Mid-Winter IBT Response

During Norm Beu's President's report Friday morning, he reported 130 units were registered for the rally, of that, 12 were "in motels or off-site". My question to Norm Beu asked if there were any members staying in a non-Airsteam RV (seperate from the main WBCCI parking area) AND participating in the IBT rally. Since my question to Norm was posted on these forums, I would like to share his response:

"Your attention is invited to Art IV, Sec 10 Bylaws.

"Except as authorized by section 12 of this article, a recreational vehicle, that is not manufactured by Airstream, Inc., shall not be admitted to an intra-club, a unit, a region or national caravan or to an intra-club, a unit, a state, a region, a special event, a national or an international rally, except a semi or fully self contained motorized recreational vehicle being used to tow a recreational vehicle manufactured by Airstream, Inc. May be admitted to an intra-club, a unit, a region, or a national caravan or to an intra-club, a unit, a state, a region, a special event, a national, or an international rally provided such motorized vehicle is used solely for transportation purposes at a caravan of rally parking site."

I am aware that one member's non-Airstream motorhome was used to tow an Airstream Interstate to the 2011 Mid-Winter IBT Meeting parking site. Utilities were connected to the Interstate. This was the situation as I know it."

I trust that his response above verifies that the 12 units "in motels or off-site" were all staying in motels since the Interstate owner was on-site and residing in their Airstream.

Sandy
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 07:39 PM   #314
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideair View Post
Why was there a need to “re-write” the WBCCI Constitution in the first place. I don’t remember anyone saying we needed to “re-write” the WBCCI Constitution. Yeh, some people had problems with some areas or a sentence here or there, but not a total “re-write”. People did want the By-Laws changed to give the IBT/EC7 “LESS” power and don’t tell me that you “have to” re-write one to re-write the other. We have been making small changes to one without making changes to the other.
Yes you do!

That statement demonstrates the complete lack of understanding on your part of the Bylaws and Roberts Rules.

It is important to understand that the Constitution and its Bylaws are a very integrated package, where any change, even a small one, can have unintended consequences in one, two or five other areas

Your interpretations or opinions of same, should be taken by others with a grain of salt.

Old 01-30-2011, 07:48 PM   #315
Rivet Master

Bob,

Are you telling me "every time" a change was made in the "WBCCI By-Laws" the "WBCCI Constitution" had to be changed?

Are you telling me "every time" a change was made in the "WBCCI Constitution" the "WBCCI BY-Laws" had to be changed?

Go back and look at your WBCCI history before responding to my two questions? I don't want you to answer incorrectly again.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #316
Rivet Master

, Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post

I am aware that one member's non-Airstream motorhome was used to tow an Airstream Interstate to the 2011 Mid-Winter IBT Meeting parking site. Utilities were connected to the Interstate. This was the situation as I know it."

I trust that his response above verifies that the 12 units "in motels or off-site" were all staying in motels since the Interstate owner was on-site and residing in their Airstream.

Sandy
Sandy,

I think you are reading more into his statement than is really there.
1. He did not state that the Interstate owner was residing in the Interstate.
2. He did not state that the Motorhome was not also connected to utilities.
3. His claim has not been verified by an independent observer.
markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:08 PM   #317
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
I understand exactly what you're saying for a change

Each unit/delegate should ask that they be permitted to have latitude in that regard.

I recall some did and some did not.

Another flaw in the old system.
It's not a flaw, it's an option. Options are good.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:11 PM   #318
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1956 26' Cruiser Overlander
1970 23' Safari
Lambertville , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post

Sandy
Would you stay in an Interstate if you had a Prevost??? All I have to say is I was born at night but not last night!
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:12 PM   #319
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
We were parked across from the Prevost that towed the Interstate to Mid-Winter. I saw people coming and going from the Prevost, but not the Interstate.....maybe I missed them.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #320
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
I was at the Mid-Winter IBT and the Prevost was the only SOB in our parking. Around Thursday some SOB's started showing up and parking near us. These folks were getting ready for a very large gun show which started on Saturday. From our parking area one could barely see the where the construction people were parked in their SOB's. I can not understand why that had to be such an issue but I'm not surprised.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wbcci