Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Clubs, Organizations & Associations > WBCCI Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-28-2011, 12:22 PM   #221
Rivet Master

1961 24' Tradewind
1969 29' Ambassador
1970 21' Globetrotter
Jamestown , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmickle View Post
I'm glad that I resigned several years ago. With this type of management, the club will be gone soon, and I saved a bunch of money.
I think I'll stick around, it will either be fixed, or maybe I can be the one to turn out the lights
99 Dodge TD 577K miles

RickDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #222
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post
Bob you call this favorable???? Are you prepared to gather a quarum and uphold the bidding of the Defend Wally supporters at this time?
Yes, very favorable, you want a lawsuit?

On what grounds we have more than we could have had IF a judge found in our favor.

Got the cash? I know you don't nor could you raise it.

Time to move forward, I don't plan on responding to any further posts relating to a legal action - it's very over.

Quote:

And Bob hope you are moving forward with our lawsuit.
I'll leave that all to you.

Quote:
It's too bad I don't even have the solace of Leo's articles on Save Wally's Hall of Shame to recap what just happened.
Ok what happened tell us.

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:53 PM   #223
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwagon View Post
At the beginning of Norm's welcome, he said how many attendees, he also listed the number staying at motels AND offsite. I understood that to mean two seperate groups.

I think there are members there, probably that PIP, that are NOT in Airstreams and are NOT staying in hotels.

There are. There is an SOB area.

Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 12:59 PM   #224
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
I sent the following email to the international officers, region 12 officers and my unit president: I did not listen to the entire meetings, however I will when the links are posted on the WBCCI web site, but I have some comments on the portion of the motorhome motion which I did heard.

1) My recollection is that Thor corporate would not put an "Airstream" or "WBCCI edition" label on the Four Winds motorhomes, therefore the motion which was defeated in 2007 at Perry, GA was to allow individuals who purchased a Four Winds and perhaps Damon motorhomes full membership in WBCCI.

2) The Airstream store was at the Bozeman, MT international in 2008, after the motorhome motion was defeated. I was in Bozeman and went to the store and purchased a few small items. It is my understanding that the Airstream Store was not a Madison, WI and that they have stopped attending the Florida State rally in February. Connecting this absence to the defeat of the motorhome motion is stretching the connection without evidence. Airstream had obtained the services of Camping World at both rallies.

3) Airstream may have stopped contributing to the WBCCI international, but to connect this action to the defeat of the motorhome motion is stretching the connection without evidence.

4) 2009 was a very difficult time for the entire RV manufacturing industry and the lack of contribution and the absence from the international and Florida rallies may be a result of economics and not retaliation.

5) Mr. Huttle has stated that Thor would consider some sort of Airstream edition or labeled Class A if there is sufficient interest. How many motorhome owners have sent a letter to Mr. Huttle requesting such a motorhome and how many have backed up this desire with a $5,000 or $10,000 deposit check.

6) If there is such a large interest in retaining the motorhome members, why not a survey of members asking the following:
a) Do you own a motorhome or trailer?
b) If a trailer, are you seriously considering the purchase of a motorhome in the next 12 months, 13 to 24 months, 25 to 36 months or longer, and would you purchase Airstream labeled Thor Motor Coach product?
c) If a motorhome, are you seriously considering the purchase of a motorhome in the next 12 months, 13 to 24 months, 25 to 36 months or longer, and would you purchase an Airstream labeled Thor Motor Coach product?

This survey could be inserted in the Blue Beret and members who are interested should complete and return the survey.

7) How many motorhome owning members are there? I have heard many estimates. If there are 1000 motorhome members (and 200 own classic units) and the units have a 5 year life cycle then there would be 180 looking for a new coach each year. (The replacement cycle should not include classic motorhome owners, since I don't believe that they would be interested in a coach which does not have the classic Airstream look.) Is 180 annual sales enough for Thor to produce an Airstream labeled unit? If the life cycle is longer, there would be fewer potential sales for Thor.

Bill
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:00 PM   #225
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
There are. There is an SOB area.

Maggie
Are you saying that there were members who attended the IBT camped nearby in SOB of RV?
Old 01-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #226
Rivet Master

Aurora , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Perhaps we go a step further, Denver wanted all of that transferred to Delegates, which we are abolishing in favor of direct voting.

Its a different scenario and Denver will need to think about it.

If I were them, i would proceed as they are and see how it develops...
Bob, am I correct in thinking that the revision eliminates both the Delegates and the IBT and consolidates ("streamlines") the management of the club into one executive committee, and direct voting (one member one vote?)
Old 01-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #227
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Are you saying that there were members who attended the IBT camped nearby in SOB of RV?
Yes. We spoke with the wife of someone, who said they were in the SOB area.

Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #228
Rivet Master

2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
The SOB area at the IBT is the construction workers who are still working on the grounds.
gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #229
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaylejoe View Post
The SOB area at the IBT is the construction workers who are still working on the grounds.
The woman we spoke with was not with the construction crew. She also specifically said "SOB area". Her offhand reference and Pres. Beu's statement would lead me to believe there are in fact two groups.

Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 02:02 PM   #230
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
IBT meeting attendees in non Airstream motorhomes

Is there anyone in the area of the IBT meeting that can verify if members, possibly past international president Jerry Collins, are attending and participating in the IBT WBCCI Rally while staying in their non-Airstream RV?

This is a direct violation of our Constitution and Bylaws and I would hope that our president Norm Beu and CBL chairman Don Shafer, have dealt with this issue as thoroughly as they have the Denver Unit's motion. I heard them say repeatedly that their sworn duty to this club is to uphold our Constitution and Bylaws.

So, is there someone out there who can check this out ASAP?

Sandy
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:04 PM   #231
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We're just not willing to go door to door and ask to check ID's.

Doug & Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #232
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Bob, am I correct in thinking that the revision eliminates both the Delegates and the IBT and consolidates ("streamlines") the management of the club into one executive committee, and direct voting (one member one vote?)
Forest,

Eliminates delegates yes, I don't believe it eliminates the IBT but in reducing regions it will be very much smaller, perhaps 5-8 regions.

One member one vote, correct

Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #233
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug&maggie View Post
We're just not willing to go door to door and ask to check ID's.

Doug & Maggie

There's at least one person currently on this thread currently who I believe has been here all week---and would know if there is an SOB section populated by IBT meeting attendee(s). Bob?

Maggie
Old 01-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #234
2 Rivet Member

1959 18' "Footer"
1968 30' Sovereign
1988 29' Excella
Appleton , Wisconsin
I wish Ed and I could be there. We would be taking pictures, taking names, and knocking on doors!

July 5th, last summer, Ed and I bumped into the "advance caravan" from Gillette to DuQuoin and spent the night in the same campground. As Ed described it, we now know how a "***** feels in church"!!
redwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #235
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
Bob,

As a member of the C&BL revision committee, perhaps you can describe exactly what the next 6 months will bring us?

Specifically, when will I rec' the proposed new constitution? What methods will be in place for my unit to communicate suggested alterations? How will any suggestions be incorporated into the proposed constitution? Will a revised proposed constitution then be sent to all units to vote on?

I'm having a difficult time resolving how such an important progression in my club is being drafted without the full participation of the entire membership.

Is my unit going to be expected to vote on a single motion to replace the entire Constitution?

Thanks,
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:04 PM   #236
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Dan,

"how will any suggestions be incorporated into the proposed constitution?"

That opportunity was given to all members months ago.

As far as the schedule over the next few weeks, as Kerry said the committee will be working on a few changes and develop a plan of distribution.

It will be announced.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #237
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI Pets View Post
Yes, very favorable, you want a lawsuit?

On what grounds we have more than we could have had IF a judge found in our favor.

Got the cash? I know you don't nor could you raise it.

Time to move forward, I don't plan on responding to any further posts relating to a legal action - it's very over.

I'll leave that all to you.

Ok what happened tell us.
You say that we have more than we would have had if theoretically we would have done what we did not do? You expect us to believe you could know that? More than nothing, could still in fact still be nothing.

I suppose it is a lot to think you could see the travesty of a deal that was made and then broken, but that is what just played out for all to witness. Not only that but to think there is even more under the other shell (of a new constitution that IBT is offering to us) is a sucker's game of slight of hand for certain. Trust and integrity have been abandonned and absolute rule has replaced negotiations. Just as you and MNY assumed control to become executor and singular voice of authority of the law suit, the IBT, or more precisely the EC has and continues to assume absolute control of the WBCCI. Who is surprised that you do not see the problem with making decisions for others without their representation. We can always count on you to tell us that we cannot count on you for any further answers. Leaving it to others is all we ever have asked of you Bob. But thanks for allowing us to move on without you now. I appreciate being released and not sharing with you the position you allegedly upheld upon our behalf. I think we will now fare much better.
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:14 PM   #238
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
So, basically, no further input will be taken into consideration? We have not seen any draft or heard of the scope of proposed changes prior to today.

Again, a BIG concern for me is:

Is my unit going to be expected to vote on a single motion to replace the entire Constitution?
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #239
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Carol did you say this earlier today, was that you?

Quote:
So far so great. I am loving Kerry's report.

Old 01-28-2011, 03:27 PM   #240
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
So, basically, no further input will be taken into consideration? We have not seen any draft or heard of the scope of proposed changes prior to today.

Again, a BIG concern for me is:

That depends, on the delegates meeting,..

Speak to your unit pres on the procedures please.

Tags
wbcci